Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finding Life Beyond Earth is Within Reach

Waspie_Dwarf

I've seen Nasa's approach while looking for signs of past life on Mars! Numerous questionable evidence that should have warrant the rover to stop and analyze more, have been simply disregarded. They won't find life in 20 year unless some fundamentals in their approach should change.

Google

mars mysteries photographed

I've seen Nasa's approach while looking for signs of past life on Mars! Numerous questionable evidence that should have warrant the rover to stop and analyze more, have been simply disregarded. They won't find life in 20 year unless some fundamentals in their approach should change.

Google

mars mysteries photographed

Name an example.

I think some forms of life exist on many earth-like planets in the galaxy, but intelligent, technologically capable species existing at this moment are few. Taking into account favorable geology of the planet and the probabilities of the evolution of intelligent life (very low, in my opinion), the chance of discovering an extraterrestrial civilization comparable or more advanced than ours is not very likely.

Alien life forms nearer to Earth could be animals and plants. The nearest intelligent life who might even look human could be at a medieval stage and not in any way able to pick up or respond to any signals.

You might also consider geomicrobes interesting to consider as i did...

BRINGING DARK LIFE TO LIGHT...

The stunning realization that up to half of life on Earth may exist underground has transformed biologists thinking about the origin and evolution of life here and on other planets. The search for dark life could go to new depths at a proposed underground laboratory.

What makes people think that life had to go underground? Pedersen says. Maybe the question is...When did life go to the surface? When was life strong enough to leave the safe and protective underground with no wind, solar radiation, or thunderstorms?

http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/february-2010/bringing-dark-life-to-light

The same question might be asked , " when did life leave the surface and become airborne? When did life leave the planet?

What lies above the suface of the night sky?"

Perhaps curiosity is a compelling force of mankinds nature, but is the answer to the question really of such vital significance? What would it mean if we found an apple tree growing on another planet. Should we eat the fruit thereof?

If alien life is bacterial then NASA might need to invent an enormous space microscope.

Space microscopes allready exist - they are called telescopes. :tu:

• Like 2

Speaking of Seti, can you imagine 20 civilizations listening for each other and never understanding that they were actually trying to convert I love Lucy broadcasted on Earth into sensible sounds?

That is most probably near to what is happening.

Speaking of Seti, can you imagine 20 civilizations listening for each other and never understanding that they were actually trying to convert I love Lucy broadcasted on Earth into sensible sounds?

You wouldn't need to be able to make sense of the signals to know (or at least suspect) that they were artificial in origin. In terms of radio waves Earth is now the brightest object for a hundred light years in all directions. Ant civilisation capable of observing the Earth and radio frequencies should be able to determine they are coming from a planet not a star. This should be a big clue that they are of an artificial origin without any need to translate the signals.

That is most probably near to what is happening.

Only if these listening to the signals are particularly thick, and I some how doubt that all astronomers in the universe are particularly thick.

We need one of these.1bf9c254648379590a6afa4c16ab5d25.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they find Alien , They will hide it to the public!!!

If they were worth a damn they would've found "us" already. I subscribe to the rare Earth theory, and distances to great to find one another in the universe, and intelligence never achieving the ability to do so.

It will never happen. The so called geniuses should focus on our own planet and ways to save it before it's seemingly inevitable destruction by man.

• Like 3

The so called geniuses should focus on our own planet and ways to save it before it's seemingly inevitable destruction by man.

You don't need to be a genius to see the illogic of that statement. Astronomers are the right people to sort out Earth's problems in the same way that car mechanics are the right people to do open heart surgery.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

How many more years of funding does NASA expect from us taxpayers...I don't think they're planning on finding anything, more than likely they already have the answers to this, and they certainly aren't going to make it available to the public...cause if they do, the gravy train of worthless dollars will stop flowing in.... :yes:

How many more years of funding does NASA expect from us taxpayers...I don't think they're planning on finding anything, more than likely they already have the answers to this, and they certainly aren't going to make it available to the public...cause if they do, the gravy train of worthless dollars will stop flowing in.... :yes:

Your train of thought is so brutally illogical it hurts my head. I am not going to explain to you why as it is pointless.

• Like 1

They have all ready found it! I remember something a few years ago about 'Red Rain' (any one else remember?). Basically it rained red rain over some city or town somewhere, the rain was analysed and it was discovered the redness was due to an unknown bacteria which originated from a meteorite, there for 'Alien Life'!

Red rain in Kerala is probably what you're referring to.

The initial report that the red rain was likely caused by an exploding meteor was retracted, and the official report stated that it was most likely caused by airborne spores from local algae, although some parts of the report were inconclusive.

Edited by LV-426

I suspect that if NASA found extraterrestrial life in any form, that would tell all about it as soon as it was confirmed; maybe even before that, as a possible discovery. They would then very probably receive a ton of money to further investigate the life they'd found, or may have found.

• Like 1

NASA spin-off technologies are commercial products and services which have been developed with the help of NASA, through research and development contracts (such as SBIR or STTR awards), licensing of NASA patents, use of NASA facilities, technical assistance from NASA personnel, or data from NASA research. Information on new NASA technology that may be useful to industry is available in periodical and website form in "NASA Tech Briefs", while successful examples of commercialization are reported annually in the NASA publication "Spinoffs".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies

Have a look at the list of 'spin-off' technologies from NASA and then add to that the scientific understanding of our universe that NASA has pioneered on more than one occasion and then tell me again how NASA's budget is a "gravy train of worthless dollars".

• Like 1

Try to look up information on NASA and you will find that they do a lot of work, for the relatively small budget. In 2012 NASA's budget was 0,48 % of the total US federal budget.

As a non American I can't really speak of NASA as a drain on my tax bill. But I am a tax payer in one of ESA's member states and I can say that I am very happy to be funding them. :tu:

• Like 1

Your train of thought is so brutally illogical it hurts my head. I am not going to explain to you why as it is pointless.

Money is not "illogical" - Those same old corporations will continue to benefit from the taxpayers. The main players haven't changed at all. We can't even solve the problems on earth that exist today and yet we continue to dump money into a program exploring outer space which has been going on since the mid 1950s. That's illogical...

Try to look up information on NASA and you will find that they do a lot of work, for the relatively small budget. In 2012 NASA's budget was 0,48 % of the total US federal budget.

As a non American I can't really speak of NASA as a drain on my tax bill. But I am a tax payer in one of ESA's member states and I can say that I am very happy to be funding them. :tu:

What has NASA done for our everyday US citizens? Entertain us now and then and to what cost? This program should be privately funded....

What has NASA done for our everyday US citizens? Entertain us now and then and to what cost? This program should be privately funded....

Why don't you do a little research yourself ?

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

http://en.wikipedia....ff_Technologies

http://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2008/pdf/timeline_08.pdf

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

Money is not "illogical" - Those same old corporations will continue to benefit from the taxpayers. The main players haven't changed at all. We can't even solve the problems on earth that exist today and yet we continue to dump money into a program exploring outer space which has been going on since the mid 1950s. That's illogical...

What problems? The same old problems that have plagued mankind since day one? Should we accomplish nothing because some people insist on living a lost life? Thank god we all don't wallow on trying to save the lost. We don't advance by falling to the lowest common denominator, we advance by achieving new things.

BTW, we now have the most obese, least educated poverty class in history thanks to folks like you. Progressive ideology is slavery by a new name IMHO

Edited by Merc14