Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Supermoon pic and.. satellite?

The satellite and the supermoon: Stunning images reveal tiny spacecraft engulfed by spectacularly lit lunar surface

Supermoon happens when the moon is 30,000 miles closer to Earth than the farthest point in its orbit

London photographer captured image of a mystery shadow travelling across the lunar surface last night

Astronomers believe it could be an orbiting satellite but are unable to say for certain what it is

A supermoon is an optical illusion caused by its position in the sky and occurs three times this year

There will also be another 'supermoon' on August 10 and a third eagerly anticipated show on September 9

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz37Wc8GWuq

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image. It can be viewed in the source link
  • Like 4

Bug on the lens.

• Like 1

Its the first spaceship to start the new ring making project round the Moon :whistle:

• Like 5

http://i.dailymail.c...539_964x621.jpg

it's the Batplane....

Actually it does, now you mention it, look a bit like that one that was seen from the space Shuttle once.

• Like 1

QUOTE -

Dr Ilian Iliev, a reader in

Astronomy at Sussex University

claims the most likely explanation

for the shadow is the International

Space Station.

'The shape is slightly strange,

however, there could be something

docked to it at the moment,' he

said.

COULD be?!

like they don't know??

what is it, a frikkin' orbiting drop-in centre or summink?

• Like 3

nice story by the way Seeder.

the link has some great pics of the moon, in all her shiny glory!

:-)

• Like 2

nice story by the way Seeder.

the link has some great pics of the moon, in all her shiny glory!

:-)

Yup and I will be out with my camera on the next big one, weather permitting that is! It'd be cool to capture something similar, tho my camera may not be up to such a detailed shot!!

• Like 1

from op link...

Astronomers believe it could be an orbiting satellite but are unable to say for certain what it is

so ET craft has not been ruled out then..... :o:)

• Like 1

from op link...

so ET craft has not been ruled out then..... :o:)

Oh for crying out loud.

• Like 2

Looks like ET to me.

In that photo Bee just posted it looks like the UFO has a shadow....

Looks like ET to me.

In that photo Bee just posted it looks like the UFO has a shadow....

lol....I see what you mean about the shadow... :unsure2::D

Can't tell for certain what it is? Baloney. We know when and where the photo was taken. All someone has to do is do the legwork to find out.

Lee Thompson, photographer for group travel company The Flash Pack, took these pictures of the supermoon around 11.30pm BST last night.

‘I captured the image from my back garden in Brixton using an 800ml Canon lens,’ Mr Thompson told MailOnline.

"My god, its full of stars"

monolith%20shine%202.jpg

Cue: "also sprach Zarathustra" :alien:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

If the exact time and location of the photo are known, it should be trivial to determine which satellite that is.

I seriously doubt its a satellite. What ever is making that shadow looks like it has to be enormous. That being said, I have no idea what it could be.

I seriously doubt its a satellite. What ever is making that shadow looks like it has to be enormous. That being said, I have no idea what it could be.

Why assume it's a shadow? More likely its an object between the viewer and the moon that simply appears dark do to the relative brightness of the moon behind it.

• Like 4

That is not a shadow on the moon, it is part of the satellite that is blocked from direct sunlight.

Given the amount of debris up there, this is almost certainly either just a satellite or a bit of spacejunk between the earth and the moon.

• Like 1

Given the amount of debris up there, this is almost certainly either just a satellite or a bit of spacejunk between the earth and the moon.

Yes, no question.

That photo of the Moon reminds me... I have to clean the sensor on my DSLR before my trip up Mt. Adams this weekend.

There are a few dust bunnies on it and those black spots are a pain to remove in Photoshop.