Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Br Cornelius

Message from Dr Norman G. Finkelstein

169 posts in this topic

RoofGardener

Well, the Security Wall has somewhat 'blown the gaffe' on the occupation. It has demonstrated that suicide bombers can successfully be held at bay, which begs the question; "what purpose does the occupation now serve ?"

and then

Well, the Security Wall has somewhat 'blown the gaffe' on the occupation. It has demonstrated that suicide bombers can successfully be held at bay, which begs the question; "what purpose does the occupation now serve ?"

First of all, the "occupation" was being spoken of in other terms but the same essence in 1948 and even earlier. They claim ALL THE LAND is "occupied". But if the issue is Judea and Samaria I'd say that the IDF is staying because giving one's blood enemy the high ground in a conflict is idiocy.

Leonardo

First of all, the "occupation" was being spoken of in other terms but the same essence in 1948 and even earlier. They claim ALL THE LAND is "occupied". But if the issue is Judea and Samaria I'd say that the IDF is staying because giving one's blood enemy the high ground in a conflict is idiocy.

Well, keeping their 'high ground' and settling on it certainly ensures they'll remain your "blood enemies".

• Like 1

Br Cornelius

Indeed, and I think we all know the answer that the occupation was for ever in the inception.

Br Cornelius

and then

Well, keeping their 'high ground' and settling on it certainly ensures they'll remain your "blood enemies".

Ever play king of the mountain, Leo? ;)

and then

Indeed, and I think we all know the answer that the occupation was for ever in the inception.

Br Cornelius

In the sense that the Palestinians consider every square inch of Palestine with a Jew breathing on it to be "occupied territory", then yes you'd be correct. The thing that baffles me is how certain you guys seem to be that Israel somehow will one day magically disappear. Amazing.

Earl.Of.Trumps

Thanks for the clarification. Saves me responding to Gardener.

Gardener: "Well, the Security Wall has somewhat 'blown the gaffe' on the occupation."

Oh, Gardener. Explain that to millions of Pals living in refuge camps in foreign lands. Ask them if they would like to go home, now.

Then run for your life :blush:

Earl.Of.Trumps

Ever play king of the mountain, Leo? ;)

Lest I remind you, "the game" is still in progress

Yamato

In the sense that the Palestinians consider every square inch of Palestine with a Jew breathing on it to be "occupied territory", then yes you'd be correct. The thing that baffles me is how certain you guys seem to be that Israel somehow will one day magically disappear. Amazing.

The Palestinians want their rights, period. You have to understand that if you're going to understand this endless manufactured conflict

Earl.Of.Trumps

Now,,, AT, I really know you know better than that.

Jews - true Jews, never left the Levant after the House of Judah was defeated in or around 700 AD.

Zionists brag that Jews have been there in the Levant for thousands of years, uninterrupted.

Please note, the people soon to be known as Palestinians - who did nothing to defeat the House of Judah, lived side by side with the Jews all that time.

Then,.... the dreaded European strain of Jew came to town. And they changed the RuLeZ

Let us not mix the Ashkenazi Jews of Europe with the Sephardi Jews of the Levant

• Like 1

and then

Now,,, AT, I really know you know better than that.

Jews - true Jews, never left the Levant after the House of Judah was defeated in or around 700 AD.

Zionists brag that Jews have been there in the Levant for thousands of years, uninterrupted.

Please note, the people soon to be known as Palestinians - who did nothing to defeat the House of Judah, lived side by side with the Jews all that time.

Then,.... the dreaded European strain of Jew came to town. And they changed the RuLeZ

Let us not mix the Ashkenazi Jews of Europe with the Sephardi Jews of the Levant

Just because apologists like yourself are using that little balm to make your anti semitism less objectionable doesn't mean the natives care one iota about distinguishing between "home grown" or "import"... to them a Jew is a Jew and only dead ones are good ones. It's silly and tiresome for ya'll to keep denying it when the palestinians shout it from the rooftops.

RoofGardener

Thanks for the clarification. Saves me responding to Gardener.

Gardener: "Well, the Security Wall has somewhat 'blown the gaffe' on the occupation."

Oh, Gardener. Explain that to millions of Pals living in refuge camps in foreign lands. Ask them if they would like to go home, now.

They can return to the Palestinian Lands any time they want. But they can't return to Israel, because they are not Israeli citizens. They bottled out in 1948, and the door is now closed.

I'll leave it to you to tell them that :P

• Like 1

Yamato

They can return to the Palestinian Lands any time they want. But they can't return to Israel, because they are not Israeli citizens. They bottled out in 1948, and the door is now closed.

Source, please.

Well, the Security Wall has somewhat 'blown the gaffe' on the occupation

If "the Palestinians" were half as bad as you and 'and then' say they are, Israelis wouldn't be living on Islands surrounded by Palestinians on all sides with only a couple of Israeli-only roads heading back to Israel to keep them "safe" and "at peace". Palestinians in the West Bank are under military police-style occupation with enforced zones, roadways, checkpoints, fences, walls, nests, they're outdoor human cages essentially. Their behavior as a group is stellar given what they're putting up with.

RoofGardener

Source, please.

It was Me.

here :P

If "the Palestinians" were half as bad as you and 'and then' say they are, Israelis wouldn't be living on Islands surrounded by Palestinians on all sides with only a couple of Israeli-only roads heading back to Israel to keep them "safe" and "at peace". Palestinians in the West Bank are under military police-style occupation with enforced zones, roadways, checkpoints, fences, walls, nests, they're outdoor human cages essentially. Their behavior as a group is stellar given what they're putting up with.

Well, here's a statistic for you.

When the security wall was completed, bomb, gun and knife attacks (including suicide attacks) in Israel dropped by approximately 98%.

Edited by RoofGardener

Yamato

It was Me.

When the security wall was completed, bomb, gun and knife attacks (including suicide attacks) in Israel dropped by approximately 98%.

Then why? Why are you spreading stupid lies and citing yourself as your own source? Are you just playing games and spreading nonsense making this forum into a joke and thinking you're doing anyone else here a service?

Space Commander Travis

It was Me.

So Mr. O isn't likely to be declaring any time soon, "Mr. Netanyahu, tear down this wall!"?

RoofGardener

Then why? Why are you spreading stupid lies and citing yourself as your own source? Are you just playing games and spreading nonsense making this forum into a joke and thinking you're doing anyone else here a service?

You want me to do all of your work for you ? Abbas has already stated that all returning Palestinians should return to the PA controlled lands, and NOT Israel. Google it. Or should I do your laundry for you as well ?

• Like 1

Yamato

You want me to do all of your work for you ? Abbas has already stated that all returning Palestinians should return to the PA controlled lands, and NOT Israel. Google it. Or should I do your laundry for you as well ?

That's BS on top of BS. Now you're talking about what Abbas said they should do? Abbas doesn't control Palestinian entry and exit. There's a lot of things that Abbas says Palestinians should do. That is not the same thing as making blatantly inaccurate statements that they can do it.

Israel's Law of Return doesn't apply to Palestinians. Part of that "equal treatment under the law" crap in Israel that people love to repeat ad nauseum. Israel is in violation of UN Resolution 194. Israel didn't allow any such returns in the Camp David Accords and you'll have to do some laundry for me if you have any other legal basis whatever.

RoofGardener

That's BS on top of BS. Now you're talking about what Abbas said they should do? Abbas doesn't control Palestinian entry and exit. There's a lot of things that Abbas says Palestinians should do. That is not the same thing as making blatantly inaccurate statements that they can do it.

Nevertheless, it is the wish of the duly elected representative of the Palestinian Authority that 'returning' Palestinians should 'return' to the Arab Zones of the old Mandate Area, and NOT Israel.

Israel's Law of Return doesn't apply to Palestinians.

It COULD do, if a Palestinian was a Jew, or had Jewish ancestry. The Law of Return does not discriminate AGAINST anybody: it discriminates FOR jews. This is permissible under the UN Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination.

Part of that "equal treatment under the law" crap in Israel that people love to repeat ad nauseum.

A canard, for two reasons. Firstly, as stated above, it is not racially discriminatory. Secondly, anybody APPLYING to be a citizen of Israel is not YET bound by - or protected by - Israeli laws. Thirdly, the Law of Return is not the only method of becoming an Israeli citizen, but instead supplements the more conventional routes practiced by all civilized nations.

Israel is in violation of UN Resolution 194.

That is a General Assembly resolution, and is non-binding. It has the legal power of "A suggestion". Interestingly, it was rejected by all of the Arab states.

RoofGardeners Rooftop Assembly Resolution No. 1033210:

RoofGardener: "IN THAT the Assembly is concerned over a breach of the peace in the Middle East forums, we hereby resolve that Yamato should go and boil his head."

Yamato: "Thank you Mr. Chairman; we will take the resolution under consideration." crumples the resolution up and throws it in the bin. Next agenda item, please ?

• Like 1