Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mutant Worm Created That Can't Get Drunk

Still Waters

A mutant worm that can never get drunk has been created by scientists.

They changed a neuron channel to block the effects of alcohol - and believe the discovery could be used to develop a drug to stop humans getting drunk.

Such a drug would be useful for alcoholics, as it would counteract the addictive intoxication feeling caused by alcohol.

https://uk.news.yaho...18.html#RJNB5ro

• Like 1

The drug could also be used to win beerfest! Think of the possibilities people.

• Like 3

I've known some women who had this mutation. It's impressive to witness... but not to finance.

• Like 6

27 years ago I wagered my brother that worms would always be able to become intoxicated.

Who would have thought that a day such as this would ever arrive?

The horror.

• Like 3

QUOTE-

It is believed that this research

could one day lead to the

development of a James Bond style

sobriety pill, making it possible for a

human to drink any quantity of

alcohol without ever becoming

drunk.

ok.

so who do i have to kill...?

QUOTE-

Such a drug would be useful for

alcoholics, as it would counteract

the addictive intoxication feeling

caused by alcohol.

you want to get an alcoholic to take a pill that will make him stay sober?

good luck with that....

(i suppose you could always slip it into his beer on the sly- an anti-mickey*)

(*or would that be more of an uncle....)

Edited by shrooma

I misread the title of this thread... I thought it said "Mutant woman created that cant get drunk"... :unsure2::innocent::whistle:

• Like 3

has any of these scientists asked for the worm's view on this....?!

• Like 3

neither can normal worms ? how can a worm even attempt to get drunk anyway? ive been alive 34years and never seen a drunk worm in my life? ive never once seen in worm wriggle into my local and say 'can I have have a pint please'?

• Like 1

My worm can wiggle and is highly motivated to procreate when it’s drunk.

• Like 2

They changed a neuron channel to block the effects of alcohol - and believe the discovery could be used to develop a drug to stop humans getting drunk.

Imagine the DWI defense attorneys having a field day with that one.

The drug could also be used to win beerfest! Think of the possibilities people.

Once you master Das Boot you'll have it made. :-)

• Like 1

neither can normal worms ? how can a worm even attempt to get drunk anyway? ive been alive 34years and never seen a drunk worm in my life? ive never once seen in worm wriggle into my local and say 'can I have have a pint please'?

Worms love tequila.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=tequila+worm

• Like 2

yaaayyy worms!!

see! do worms want to be cured of their alcohol dependancy??

i bet if you asked one, they'd say 'no, they enjoy getting drunk, why do you think we GET drunk? for the taste?!

VEGETABLE RIGHTS & PEACE MAN!

(oh, and spare a thought for all those worms that want to get p***ed because they've outwitted the birds, the fishermen, and the callous gardener, just for some buzz-kill scientist to come along and ruin it for 'em....)

• Like 1

Worms love tequila.

Pity the poor worm who can't even enjoy the booze that he's drowning in.

• Like 1

Well worms do feed on the fallen fruits of various flora which no doubt ripen and ferment on the ground under various natural conditions, I think worms probably do get drunk - they might even be prone to being complete alcoholics depending on their particular "terrritory" and diet.

Edited by libstaK

I've known some women who had this mutation. It's impressive to witness... but not to finance.

My momma always said she didn't have to worry about a man getting me drunk and taking advantage of me. :blush:

She trained me well. :lol:

• Like 1

What then would be the payoff for destroying your liver, if you couldn't get roaring drunk? :/

really? with all the money and resources we have this is what our greatest minds are doing. Drunk Free Worms?? common ppl get back to work and stop puffin of the magic dragon

first worms next humans, if people can't get drunk, there is no need to make alcohol, 1 problem is solved.

Wait, so it only stops the neurological effects of alcohol. It would mean you get all the damage to your digestive system and liver, kidneys and skin etc, but just not get drunk? Seems pretty pointless. Now create magic worms that can be turned into pills to make me drunk with none of the physical damaging effects of alcohol and I'll be 1st in line to test it!