Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islanders prepare to fight werewolves

Still Waters

Armed with knives and long bamboo sticks with pointed ends, residents of this isolated island in the central Philippines mount nightly patrols to protect its dwindling goat population against deadly attacks of suspected werewolves, a senior police official said on Tuesday.

Insp. Brian Odien, Sibale chief of police, said hundreds of volunteers in nine barangays, working under the supervision of policemen, make regular patrols in their areas looking for the werewolves, which have killed more than 200 goats, sucking the blood and tearing out only the heart and liver.

http://manilastandar...-fight-wolves-/

• Like 3

Wouldn't werewolves attack during the full moon not before it?

• Like 2

Oh man, oh man... I need to warn my cousin, he's not a were anything, but he's hairy and loves goat liver...

• Like 7

And they know this is not a dog, or leopard, or a human criminal.... how?

Ahhhh.....

From OP link:

People started to accept the werewolves story because of “sightings of the mysterious animal that looked like dogs, but bigger and they move differently.”
She said 57 farmers lost a total of 209 goats in the past two years and the Department of Agriculture will replace the animals, which were killed by “dogs or creatures pretending to be dogs.

Creatures pretending to be dogs??? :huh:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Lose the knives and bamboo sticks and get silver bullets, that should do the trick if they have guns!!!

• Like 2

Wonder what it could actually be? Just a natural predator? That's what I'm thinking...but you'd think the farmers know if it was a natural predator or not.

Whatever it is, they should hire a professional werewolf hunter. :P

• Like 1

And they know this is not a dog, or leopard, or a human criminal.... how?

Ahhhh.....

From OP link:

[/size][/size]

Creatures pretending to be dogs??? :huh:

The fiends!

Could be an Asian cousin of El Chupacabra (makes as much sense as werewolves).

More, I think. No self respecting werewolf would be out unless the moon were full
  • Like 2

I used to be a werewolf ,but I'm not one Nowwwooooooooh

• Like 3

Blood, heart, liver. There's certainly a group of iron-deficient creatures running round down there.

• Like 1

Blood, heart, liver. There's certainly a group of iron-deficient creatures running round down there.

Anemic werewolves
  • Like 1

“sightings of the mysterious animal that looked like dogs, but bigger and they move differently.”

I doubt these are Phillippine native Askal dogs, who are quite domesticated and recognisable as looking like typical dogs. However, there are wolves present over there in hidden places. Werewolves though????

• Like 1

Find the local witch/warlock/satanist that is making money by casting spells to ward off these alleged werewolves and you'll probably find the culprit.

Or it's just a witch/warlock/satanist performing these mutilations for their own rituals.

There is nothing like fear as a mechanism to turn a buck or two.

Edited by BuzzLightYear

I think it may be Aswang, although I don't believe in supernatural creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aswang

An Aswang is a vampire-like mythical creature in Filipino folklore and is the subject of a wide variety of myths and stories. Spanish colonists noted that the Aswang was the most feared among the mythical creatures of the Philippines, even in the 16th century. Aswang refers specifically to a ghoulish were-dog, which is where the word comes from. It is a combination of a vampire and a werewolf.

• Like 4

Jacob has been a bad boy... where is that silver bullet with his name on it. While I am at it, might as well as find Edward and stake him too. I don't know why in god's name someone would create the Twilight Series.

Does anyone know where this island is and what are the natural predators on the island and also could it/ they do the typed of damage inflicted on the goats?

Surely it's some form of bloody sucking asian hyrax-werewolf.............. a were-rax? :whistle:

I think it may be Aswang, although I don't believe in supernatural creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aswang

An Aswang is a vampire-like mythical creature in Filipino folklore and is the subject of a wide variety of myths and stories. Spanish colonists noted that the Aswang was the most feared among the mythical creatures of the Philippines, even in the 16th century. Aswang refers specifically to a ghoulish were-dog, which is where the word comes from. It is a combination of a vampire and a werewolf.

Doesn't an aswang normally have wings also?

http://en.wikipedia....epcion,_Romblon

Concepcion is a sixth class municipality in the province of Romblon, Philippines. It is located on Maestro de Campo Island (also known as Sibale to its inhabitants) which is the westernmost island of the province and only 20 kilometres (12 mi) off the coast from Mindoro. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 4,445 people.[3]

It is a little nothing of an island. About 2.5 miles by 2.5 miles (4 km by 4 km). Seems like a small hunting ground for a werewolf. Though I guess no one can really get away?

post-26883-0-60807600-1405618071_thumb.j

post-26883-0-88246000-1405618153_thumb.j

post-26883-0-11225400-1405618211_thumb.j

Edited by DieChecker

If it is such a small place simply gather all the islanders in one place and sit it out till one of them starts sprouting hair and fangs-bingo you've got your man

What is worrying,according to the old Lon Chaney films,a werewolf only goes after the one he loves,does our culprit have feelings for goats?

• Like 1

Doesn't an aswang normally have wings also?

Didn't Grimm do an episode on this? Thought the Aswang only went after humans.

On the werewolves and full moon, didn't the phase get changed to the 3 day cycle of the full moon? Still sounds like teh farmers are looking to replace their sick or old goats with new ones for free.