Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indigo Child?

calebd22

Could anyone here help me?

I am new here and i am seeking answers.

I am confused about my purpose here on earth.

Ive been here for only 15yrs.. I feel like ive been here longer. i know im Indigo and have a purpose here. But i do not feel like i am from here.

I want guidance....Whats my purpose why am i here?

Why arent the higher powers helping me and explaining these things to me?

I am just confused can anyone help and explain a few things?

Thanks!

Caleb

First off, welcome.

Secondly, there is no "purpose" that is just for you. That is something you have to invent for yourself, no one is going to whisper it in your ear or hand you a golden letter telling you what your "purpose" is or some mysterious person telling you that you have been chosen for a special task.

Also many of us, like myself, feel we are not "from here" and that is completely normal and not unusual or special at all. We are born into a society that seduces us into thinking that we have some sort of special mission in this life and often we learn, the hard way, that this is not true and that we are no different nor anymore unique and special from anyone else. It is easy if we were just told what we are here for but reality tells us that we are not here for anything in particular and that it is YOUR responsibility to invent or pretend that you have a purpose or a reason.

We can invent many reasons for existing such as taking care of animals or helping an elderly neighbor clean their house or whatever.

We all have to invent that purpose on our own so instead of expecting a glowing angel or faerie telling you that you have a special mission and telling you what to do, you need to discover that for yourself. Your parents, teachers and counselors have a much better grasp of what your aptitudes and possible paths are in life so ask them as they are in the real world.

Find out what your aptitudes are and then go and expand on those skills that will afford you a decent wage in life.

• Like 1

why do you think your an indigo child?

There is no such thing as Indigo Children. It is just more new age woo woo.

• Like 5

I don't think this forum is a good place for discussing this stuff.

This is a really good site for that type of stuff:

http://www.starseeds.net

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I hope you find your purpose :)

It is normal to be confused as a teenager, unfortunately. Nothing special about it, no superpowers etc.You will grow out of it.

• Like 2

The Indigo Child label is nothing more than a New Age gimic to create an air of superiority and give people an excuse to buck authority and live in the fringe.

If you want to live in the fringe, you can do so quite happily w/o another label slapped on yourself; all labels do is confine people. Don't do that to yourself.

Humans are wonderful creatures in and of themselves, without adding anything stellar or mysterious to the mix.

Just be happy being alive. And avoid all Indigo forums like the plague.

• Like 3

Ive been here for only 15yrs.. I feel like ive been here longer. i know im Indigo and have a purpose here. But i do not feel like i am from here.

Thanks!

Caleb

Hello Caleb,

Guidance comes from within the self. Strange as it may seem, you are your own higher power.

John

• Like 2

Your purpose in life is what you make of it. Find your passion and live it.

There is no higher power guiding us. You have one life so live every minute like it is your last because you'll never get it back.

If you read all the supposed "qualities" of an "Indigo" child, they really describe a child that is essentially spoiled, bratty, obnoxious and has a total lack of consideration for others and authority. That is certainly nothing special and pretty much describes a huge portion of kids.

• Like 4

Thanks!

Caleb

You are a seeker Caleb. I recommend a meditation practice and then also lots of reading about science, philosophy, the classics.

Carl Jung is always a good place to start. Take care.

If you read all the supposed "qualities" of an "Indigo" child, they really describe a child that is essentially spoiled, bratty, obnoxious and has a total lack of consideration for others and authority. That is certainly nothing special and pretty much describes a huge portion of kids.

Well put. Basically the family friendly version of what I would have written.

Well I work with a very large amount of children with well over 20,000 hours working with them and watching them grow. I'd say you are categorically wrong. Certainly some are more difficult then others but there can be a vast amount of reasons for these things.

A lot of kids have "problems" with authority and plenty will tell you what they want,plenty have horrendously over-inflated sense of self worth/importance and they all think they are super "speshul"; no thanks to the over abundance of soppy-sweet kids shows always telling them how special they are.

Most kids fight the rules and think they do not apply to them so that too is nothing unique.

Well, you believe what you like about these "special little snowflakes" but real life will slam them down several notches then they will learn they have to do all the garbage the rest of us "ordinary" people have to do just to get through life. No one is going to hand them anything on a silver platter nor should they be treated like royalty because they are not. The sooner they have this instilled in them the better and they will be far happier for it too.

A lot of kids have "problems" with authority and plenty will tell you what they want,plenty have horrendously over-inflated sense of self worth/importance and they all think they are super "speshul"; no thanks to the over abundance of soppy-sweet kids shows always telling them how special they are.

Most kids fight the rules and think they do not apply to them so that too is nothing unique.

Well, you believe what you like about these "special little snowflakes" but real life will slam them down several notches then they will learn they have to do all the garbage the rest of us "ordinary" people have to do just to get through life. No one is going to hand them anything on a silver platter nor should they be treated like royalty because they are not. The sooner they have this instilled in them the better and they will be far happier for it too.

Children go through a maturing process. They are learning. Most are not ego self inflated as you suggest, actually I find more of that with adults. Most parents do not treat their chikdren like kings and queens. they are constantly trying to find the bakance between love and discipline. You sound like somone with very little knowledge of child development or parenting. Certainly there are those that are like you suggest, but they are a small minority. There is a stage teenagers go through that they have more of an aptitude for what you suggest, but this is all perfectly normal Human behavior. Testing boundaries is perfectly normal.

By the way I teach "special little snow flakes" how to take people down, choke them out, punch kick elbow, and to suck it up and keep going if they take a hard body shot. I also put them through rigorous highly disciplined workouts to teach then what they are capable of, take them to world class competitions, and constantly reinforce emotional intelligence. Kids are awesome! They are not nearly as ego centric as adults are, they don't really dwell on agendas, mostly they want to learn, have fun, and be loved. And yes this is a highly experienced professional opinion.

Edited by White Crane Feather

First off, welcome.

Secondly, there is no "purpose" that is just for you. That is something you have to invent for yourself, no one is going to whisper it in your ear or hand you a golden letter telling you what your "purpose" is or some mysterious person telling you that you have been chosen for a special task.

Also many of us, like myself, feel we are not "from here" and that is completely normal and not unusual or special at all. We are born into a society that seduces us into thinking that we have some sort of special mission in this life and often we learn, the hard way, that this is not true and that we are no different nor anymore unique and special from anyone else. It is easy if we were just told what we are here for but reality tells us that we are not here for anything in particular and that it is YOUR responsibility to invent or pretend that you have a purpose or a reason.

We can invent many reasons for existing such as taking care of animals or helping an elderly neighbor clean their house or whatever.

We all have to invent that purpose on our own so instead of expecting a glowing angel or faerie telling you that you have a special mission and telling you what to do, you need to discover that for yourself. Your parents, teachers and counselors have a much better grasp of what your aptitudes and possible paths are in life so ask them as they are in the real world.

Find out what your aptitudes are and then go and expand on those skills that will afford you a decent wage in life.

In all honesty, I believe that many people possess certain talents and inclinations that can be seen as giving them a certain purpose; for example, I score highly when it comes to linguistic intelligence. Given that and my love for languages and writing, I could argue that my purpose on this Earth is to, at least in part, become a linguist of sorts (which, as a translator, I am) and a writer (which, again, as a translator--and as an amateur author--I am). There are people who have a knack for analyzing others and understanding the brain and body in extraordinarily exceptional and in-depth ways, being naturals in the field of medicine and neuroscience. These skills might lead them and others to believe that their purpose, in one way or another, is to become a person who works in these scientific fields. Their talents pretty much give them a purpose, because in Nature, a specimen is more than likely going to do what it's DNA and psyche lead it to, that which comes most naturally to them, and that becomes their purpose. My two cents.

Yes, I am sure we all have "aptitudes" (I won't use the word 'talents' as that is entirely subjective and relative concept) and one can use that to make money off of and if they want to pretend that is their "purpose" then go ahead. I have no issue with it.

I was under the impression Indigo children are just kids w/ autism.

That's been the case in my admittedly limited exposure to new age people. Am I way off on this?

Edited by Scheming B

I was under the impression Indigo children are just kids w/ autism.

That's been the case in my admittedly limited exposure to new age people. Am I way off on this?

Not really. Reading all the "symptoms" it is just normal, if not bratty and arrogant, behavior of most kids.

charming. as if children were'nt annoying enough, lets make them sound like a new Green lantern Corp

charming. as if children were'nt annoying enough, lets make them sound like a new Green lantern Corp

Hey, whatever lets parents pretend they don't have to do their job, right?

I was just sitting here considering that maybe I'm being too harsh on these people.

But ultimately you're telling your idiot kid they've got superpowers because they're brats essentially.

So, I'm OK in my assertion

• Like 1

Its interesting to see what i assume to be grown adults degrade a 15 year old kid and his early interpretation of his role on this planet is! I would not be so quick to dismantle his belief system based on your interpretation of your reasons of why you roam this earth.

I'm not dismantling the kid. I don't care about the kid, I'm looking at the idea of indigo kids in general.

• Like 1

Its interesting to see what i assume to be grown adults degrade a 15 year old kid and his early interpretation of his role on this planet is! I would not be so quick to dismantle his belief system based on your interpretation of your reasons of why you roam this earth.

If you want to actually provide evidence that the position of "Indigo Children" is actually valid, please do so.

• Like 1