Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gamma Ray Burst above earth

Toxic-2-be

​Has anyone seen this video? NASA is doing a Thunderbolt project setting up a camera and surveillance of electrical storms on the earths surface from their space station. They found gamma rays which they can not explained. If there is a topic on this I couldn't find it so thought would share.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Toxic-2-be
  • Like 1

No, I hadn't seen this latest one and the new findings. Fascinating subject, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Don't forget to check the timezone differences Bubblykiss. You don't want to wake him up in the middle of the night.

He gets really... cranky... when people do that :D

Meanwhile, back to the gamma rays.

I must admit, my cosmology isn't perhaps as well-developed as it should be, and perhaps I am unaware of recent discoveries in physics, sensor technology, and.. errr.. stuff. But how, in the name of Zeus's Toenail Clippings, does a camera detect gamma rays ?

I thought that gamma rays where high-frequency electromagnetic waves ? E.g. light, but WAY beyond what can be captured on a camera ?

• Like 2

really than what do they use to record and capture the specs? I mean I'm sure they have some thing that reads all these things and than the camera records the readings I assumed this.

Edited by Toxic-2-be

I've got to put in here that anything that has to do with mystery and a NASA project with the Space Station is news. I just realized this isn't the same video I wanted to share but it talks some what about the mystery and the video I wanted to share I can no longer find on youtube, so if anyone comes across it please share because its about putting a special camera on top of the space station to record their readings and would also like to get more information on this.

Edited by Toxic-2-be

Satellite view of electrical storms is a spectacular point of view to watch. Very impressive!

The video in the OP is about the Fermi Satellite and there is no mention of a Thunderbolt project on NASA's or teh ISS's site. Here is an explanation of how gamma rays are produced http://imagine.gsfc....generation.html

When you see something on Youtube you should always verify it at the supposed source, in this case NASA and the ISS,as tehre sia lot of disinformation out there pushed by cranks and frauds.

Edited by Merc14