Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crime at lowest level in 33 years

questionmark

A record 14% fall in the last 12 months has taken crime levels in England and Wales to their lowest level for 33 years, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Crime has fallen across most types of offences, according to the authoritative crime survey of England and Wales with the largest falls in the 12 months to March including a 20% drop in violent crime, a 17% fall in criminal damage and a 10% fall in theft.

The overall fall in crime has been accompanied by a 20% rise in sexual offences recorded by the police with the ONS putting the increase down to a surge in victims of historical sex abuse coming forward in the wake of the Jimmy Savile case and Yewtree investigations.

Read more

Wooot? With all 'em Romanian Gypsies comin?

• Like 2

Crime statistic manipulation, unemployed statistic manipulation, immigration statistic manipulation, etc

All at their highest since records began !!!

• Like 2

How can crime be dropping when we haven't got guns to defend ourselves?

• Like 2

I'm sure it's not dropping. Just the usual gov lies/stat manipulations lol

• Like 1

Could somebody cross the numbers of morbidly obsess people against the areas with lower crime rates.

And also;

1. the number of crabs consumed per annum

2. the number of crickets per square mile

3. the number of dishes broken per household

I am not saying anything concrete, but I definitely have a theory which is totally viable.......

• Like 2

Could somebody cross the numbers of morbidly obsess people against the areas with lower crime rates.

And also;

1. the number of crabs consumed per annum

2. the number of crickets per square mile

3. the number of dishes broken per household

I am not saying anything concrete, but I definitely have a theory which is totally viable.......

The morbidly obese are too big to leave their homes and commit crimes. When it comes to food they find crabs delicious although the speciality they like most is crickets. They send their kids out to collect them from nearby fields and when they don't return with enough of the tasty little insects they get mad. So mad they smash their dinner plates!

A link between food consumption, missing wildlife, broken crockery and lower crime! lmao.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

Ya know, sometimes it's okay to be smug. B)

I see various people already crying "foul". Meh, let them eat cake.

• Like 1