Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian Aircraft shot down over Ukraine

seeder

According to CNN, the flightpath may have changed due to a storm south of that area, which may made the route change into that area

19:00:

A tweet (in Russian) from a key Twitter account used by pro-Russian separatists, in which they claim to have captured a Buk surface-to-air missile system, has now been deleted, BBC Monitoring observes. Ukrainians say the Malaysian plane could have been downed with a Buk, but pro-Russian rebels have now denied they have it.

in the recent past days, people have seen a few tanks and a Buk in that area

I have not considered RT a reliable source for anything happening in Ukraine for some time. There are too many conflicting stories, ABC claims it was an air to air missile from a Russian fighter per Yes_man's link, Ukraine's government claims it was separatist's or Russia depending on where you read, the sep's claim they were taking a nap at the time and there ground to air missile was out of gas......so I'm guessing the general public will eventually get an answer but maybe never get the truth.

• Like 1

Rest in peace. Someone is going to pay for this.

This is probably already a retaliatory move. This way of thinking won't help.

I have not considered RT a reliable source for anything happening in Ukraine for some time. There are too many conflicting stories, ABC claims it was an air to air missile from a Russian fighter per Yes_man's link, Ukraine's government claims it was separatist's or Russia depending on where you read, the sep's claim they were taking a nap at the time and there ground to air missile was out of gas......so I'm guessing the general public will eventually get an answer but maybe never get the truth.

And thus how the 24 hour news cycle contributes to the birth of conspiracies.

• Like 2

Should be amusing to watch the Russians squirm and try to shift blame and weasel out of responsibility.

not really man.

there's nothing really amusing about dead people, soz.

• Like 7

It is early times yet and we don't know much, but If the pro-Russian insurgents are responsible for this, they have just taken stupidity to a whole new level. :no:

The supposed missile system in question is a very advanced surface to air missile, not something that can be fired by fairly untrained soldiers, like the Stinger or the Igla.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buk_missile_system.

• Like 1

BBC not even saying anything from separatist side only showing Ukraine prime minister video

Sky News have only on the ticker though

really? it would of shown up on flight radar 24

Military/VIP flights wouldn't.
  • Like 1

not really man.

there's nothing really amusing about dead people, soz.

Straight up! I've flown a LOT and the idea of what these people just experienced put knots in my stomach and a stone in my heart. I ray it was quick unconsciousness for those not killed by shrapnel or blast. If a Russian battery did this then it was intentional. If some rebel group got hands on a Buk then it's Russia's fault for not training the crew. International protocol for civilian aircraft had this plane send IFF signals easily identified by military professionals. What a damned mess ...
  • Like 5

I was on a flight from Paris to Delhi and we flew right over Afghanistan during the height of the conflict. It was at night and I did notice that we had our landing lights on the entire time we were in Afghan airspace.

my god man, your ******** must've been twitching....

edit for double post.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

Straight up! I've flown a LOT and the idea of what these people just experienced put knots in my stomach and a stone in my heart. I ray it was quick unconsciousness for those not killed by shrapnel or blast. If a Russian battery did this then it was intentional. If some rebel group got hands on a Buk then it's Russia's fault for not training the crew. International protocol for civilian aircraft had this plane send IFF signals easily identified by military professionals. What a damned mess ...

If a Russian battery did this then it was intentional? They deliberately chose to shoot down a passing Malaysian airliner? Why would they do that? If you mean the missile might have been fired intentionally, but they thought it may have been an intruding Ukrainian plane, then that might be a possibility.
  • Like 1

since conflict started, how many russian planes have been shotdown by ukraninan forces? 0. how many ukranian planes were shot down by rusia, 3 so far, and few helicopters.

rebels absolutely had buk GAM, they braged about it, on tv on june 29. all that neeeds to be figured out now, is where it was fired from, and we'll know who did it.

but for some reason i have very little doubt it was russia backed rebels. of course they and russia deny it, but they also denied russian army was in cremia, even when entire world saw them live on tv.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Military/VIP flights wouldn't.

Well I have seen fuel tankers and the Canadian transporter plane on there before

President Obama says the plane crash is a "terrible tragedy" and that his first priority will be to determine if US citizens were on board. Speaking at an event in Delaware, he said the US will offer any assistance it can to help determine what happened. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the families of the passengers, wherever they may call home," he adds.

text and vid updates

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-28354787

Well I have seen fuel tankers and the Canadian transporter plane on there before

that is because they wanted you to see them

Edited by aztek

President Obama says the plane crash is a "terrible tragedy" and that his first priority will be to determine if US citizens were on board. Speaking at an event in Delaware, he said the US will offer any assistance it can to help determine what happened. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the families of the passengers, wherever they may call home," he adds.

text and vid updates

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../world-28354787

He'll be looking eagerly to see if there's any way he can work it to his political advantage, is what he means.

• Like 2

i've just got in from work, and this is the first i've heard of it. (i work in a noisy environment-radio isn't practical)

and the first thing that comes to mind is-

why the **** are we still doing this to each other?!

but now i understand why some animals eat their young.

bahstards.

• Like 2

And can you believe this the site , before its new that this is a false flag and cover up for MH370

• Like 1

The "restrictive" air zone is confusing, some say it was restrictive, some say it was not, but airlines had been advised it may not be safe to fly that way......just incase!

It is thoughT the plane was flying in or very close to the restrictive zone - not suitable for civilian aircraft.......just incase!

NOT an accident it is now being reported.

Live update at 9, GMT

Watching Sky news, at the bottom of page they have the news about the Malaysian crash while showing the bombing in Gaza city

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD!

HAS ALL THE DEATHS FROM THE PAST WARS BEEN IN VEIN!!!???

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Russian president jet might have been the target - RT

What else would RT claim.

An Faux News Shep Smith jumped on this bandwagon saying Putin may have had the rebels take out the plane and then blame it all on the Ukraine Govt.....supposedly Putin's earlier flight did cross paths w/ downed jet's path, but according to Fox, it did so some 35 min. earlier.

Yes, the IFF should've been ID'ed, anyway, they were trained well enough to launch it.

The FAA had banned comm. flights, but doesn't apply to Malaysia.