Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysian Aircraft shot down over Ukraine

seeder

That was an interesting if somewhat totally uninformed link. The "Black Box" recorders actually come in 3 variants:

1. The CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder) only records voice in the cockpit, and verbal communications with ATC

2. The FDR (Flight Data Recorder) records important Flight data Acquisition parameters - engine data, control surface data, fuel data, Navigation data, sensor data)

3. The CVFDR (Cockpit Voice and Flight Data Recorder) records both of the above.

The 3rd variant is the only one that meets all of the FAA, and EASA requirements for aircraft (with 20+ passengers) flying within USA and European Controlled (EuroCAE) airspace.

Just for information...

Thanks for that info Keith :tu:

It's Reuters. Why would they fake it?

Who knows why... Not surprisingly, Russian media and Khodakovsky by himself (
) refuted Reuters claims. Khodakovsky claims that he has whole recording of interview he gave Reuters journalist. Maybe he has, maybe not, maybe he was drunk during interview, who knows...
  • Like 1

And update on Khodakovsky interview given Reuters journalist (from Radio Svoboda, in Russian).

Just few first sentences:

I did knew that "Buk" came from Lugansk. At that point I was told that "Buk" from Lugansk rides under the flag of LNR [illegible] will be [stationed] <hell> knows where. I know about this "Buk", I've heard.

Another evidence that separatists were in possession of "Buk".

Epic fail!

• Like 1

And update on Khodakovsky interview given Reuters journalist (from Radio Svoboda, in Russian).

Just few first sentences:

Another evidence that separatists were in possession of "Buk".

Epic fail!

we know they had one or two, i posted a Russian news website when they captured it

I am surprised the blame isn't being firmly blamed on the CIA by now.

A plane shot down, surely must be the work of the Yanks trying to start WW3, or will this be next weeks hot conspiracy claim?

• Like 2

we know they had one or two, i posted a Russian news website when they captured it

Yeah, I know, but I said "another". More evidence (even circumstantial) better than less.

Anyway, there were rumors flying for some time about friction amongst separatist groups. Maybe Khodakovsky's admission is a part of the "game"...

Edited by bmk1245

Yeah, I know, but I said "another". More evidence (even circumstantial) better than less.

Anyway, there were rumors flying for some time about friction amongst separatist groups. Maybe Khodakovsky's admission is a part of the "game"...

I was wondering that myself maybe thats one of the Reasons Russia is not recgonising their independence

• 7 months later...

Fragment from MH17 crash site supports missile theory: Dutch TV

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A metal fragment from the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 matches a surface-to-air BUK rocket, a Dutch broadcaster said on Thursday, supporting a theory that the plane was downed by pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.

The fragment was recovered by a Dutch journalist from the village of Hrabove several months ago near to where the plane was brought down last July, killing all 298 passengers and crew.

Dutch broadcaster RTL said it had had the shrapnel tested by international forensic experts, including defense analysts IHS Jane's in London, who said it matched the explosive charge of a BUK, a Russian-made anti-aircraft missile system.

http://news.yahoo.com/fragment-mh17-crash-supports-missile-theory-dutch-tv-160843056.html

Hasn't the official report release date been put back to the end of the year?

A friend of mine who use to work Air Defence called BUK after reading the initial reports. Fired with out the traditional Radar command post.

I posted a BUK picture on here before, it was inactive i found out at a museum. However one of the links i posted was from a Russian website claiming the rebels had got two of these. Also don't forget that Ukranian plane shot down not long before in the same area.

It wasn't a BUK missile or any other SAM type.

MH17 was shot down by aircraft cannon fire and maybe AAM too.

Err, right. Not a SAM. Could be an AAM.

I like to see words like proof, evidence and opinion, I do.

can someone provide a link to the official report. PDF format if possible. Thanks.

if you were referring to that "photo" then it was a fake, pretty bad one too.

can someone provide a link to the official report. PDF format if possible. Thanks.

I believe it was leaked information that there was evidence of a ground missile

Or see this

http://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/evidence-proving-flight-mh-17-was-taken-down-buk-missile

http://www.janes.com/article/50075/dutch-investigation-concludes-mh17-downed-by-buk-missile-from-russian-battery

"nvestigators from the Office of the National Prosecutor (OM) of the Netherlands have completed the first phase of their work in definitely determining the cause of the mid-aid explosion and crash of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 (MH17). Preliminary information leaked to the Dutch media has concluded that a Russian unit is responsible for the shootdown.

Most of the collected debris from the aircraft, a Boeing 777 that crashed on 17 July 2014 while en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with the loss of all 298 on board, is now spread out in hangers at the Royal Netherlands Air Force's Gilze-Rijen airbase where investigators have been probing the wreckage for evidence."

• Like 1

I believe it was leaked information that there was evidence of a ground missile

Or see this

http://www.rtlnieuws...own-buk-missile

http://www.janes.com...russian-battery

"nvestigators from the Office of the National Prosecutor (OM) of the Netherlands have completed the first phase of their work in definitely determining the cause of the mid-aid explosion and crash of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 (MH17). Preliminary information leaked to the Dutch media has concluded that a Russian unit is responsible for the shootdown.

Most of the collected debris from the aircraft, a Boeing 777 that crashed on 17 July 2014 while en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with the loss of all 298 on board, is now spread out in hangers at the Royal Netherlands Air Force's Gilze-Rijen airbase where investigators have been probing the wreckage for evidence."

This Buk system being identified as a Russian Unit, who was manning it? i think the report is going to leave this and other related questions open.

Err, right. Not a SAM. Could be an AAM.

I like to see words like proof, evidence and opinion, I do.

Much of that has been obscured by Kiev, like the ATC records showing why routing and altitudes were changed from what was filed in the flight plan, so don't hold your breath.

It does look like the Dutch are coming around. Even as the US admitted months ago it could not prove it was BUK. Time will tell.

if you were referring to that "photo" then it was a fake, pretty bad one too.

Which "photo" are you referring to?

We've been through this before. It's a load of bull****.

• Like 1

Much of that has been obscured by Kiev, like the ATC records showing why routing and altitudes were changed from what was filed in the flight plan, so don't hold your breath.

The routes were changed because of bad weather on their original flight plan. And what has been "obscured" by Kiev?

It does look like the Dutch are coming around. Even as the US admitted months ago it could not prove it was BUK. Time will tell.

The Dutch were the ones that discovered the shrapnel from the missile in the first place. This only confirms what the German intelligence services have said.

Which "photo" are you referring to?

This one:

PR20141114180250.jpg

If there was a Ukranian fighter jet, people would of heard it, you can hear them at least 20,000 ft plus. Also why did the Russians delay the release of the image? The original image looks like a confirmation image of the Malaysian airlines flight and the rest photo shopped in. Also shouldn't the fighter plane be behind the 777?

P.S, it would be interesting in the flight voice recorder if there was any communication between the two craft, which looks like there wasn't and which Malaysian Airlines didn't report any problems as far as we know. There was other passenger planes flying around nearby too. Also note how the 777 is flying straight, not banking or turning. If there was a missile from a Mig or Sukhoi? we would of seen the plane make a drastic turn at the last minute.

Now if it was ground based missile, they would have not known anything about it.

Edited by Yes_Man

that was no jet, it is russian lies, fragments of buk missile were found, damage indicates it was shrapnel from none other but buk missile, not a cannon from jet, no any other rocket or missile,.

If there was a Ukranian fighter jet, people would of heard it, you can hear them at least 20,000 ft plus. Also why did the Russians delay the release of the image? The original image looks like a confirmation image of the Malaysian airlines flight and the rest photo shopped in. Also shouldn't the fighter plane be behind the 777?

P.S, it would be interesting in the flight voice recorder if there was any communication between the two craft, which looks like there wasn't and which Malaysian Airlines didn't report any problems as far as we know. There was other passenger planes flying around nearby too. Also note how the 777 is flying straight, not banking or turning. If there was a missile from a Mig or Sukhoi? we would of seen the plane make a drastic turn at the last minute.

Now if it was ground based missile, they would have not known anything about it.

It is a blatant fake (I posted about it some time ago).