Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Postwoman chased by bees escaped from parcel

Still Waters

A postwoman was chased by a swarm of bees that escaped from a parcel she was delivering.

Carar Tyer was on rounds in Yeovil, Somerset, when she opened her van door and became engulfed in thousands of the insects.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ristol-28366872

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Bendy Demon

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Redefining Success

Guess they were p*ssed!

Hmmm, hope the delay did not cause my delivery of leeches to dehydrate. :unsure:

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 1

I reckon she was delivering bad news and this was an alternative attempt at 'shooting the messenger' :D

Isn't there a better way to ship bees than to cram them into a box? I would think that this alone would make them a tad cranky. Good thing the driver wasn't stung though.

Isn't there a better way to ship bees than to cram them into a box? I would think that this alone would make them a tad cranky. Good thing the driver wasn't stung though.

Mostly not, a few hundred with the queen in a box and food for a week or two is the normal way... just that the post actually delivers them is new for me. I get mine by FedEx or UPS or similar.

Hmmm...I suppose it could be worse and the bees were all in a manilla envelope.

I am scared of bees myself, I know it is stupid, but I hate it when they buzz in your face and all that jazz. Just seems so..rude.

Hmmm...I suppose it could be worse and the bees were all in a manilla envelope.

I am scared of bees myself, I know it is stupid, but I hate it when they buzz in your face and all that jazz. Just seems so..rude.

Nothing to be scared of...if they don't recognize you as danger and you don't squish one by accident they do nothing.... unless of course they come out of a broken box.... :innocent:

They have wings, they could fly there, surely one must have a tom tom.

I don't know who would use a parcel to transport bees, but they were clearly not thinking outside the box here...