Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

in the beginning.

danielost

In the beginning there was nothing but pure conscience. There was a pool of consciousness, with one dimensional creatures(for want of a better word). These creatures only knew of itself although it ways floating in a pool of them. One of these creatures asked the most important question,"is I this all that there is". And it became god.

• Like 1

Since we don't allow preaching Danielost, please get to the point of your discussion quickly

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 1

My point is that we all started as one dimensional creatures and one f them became god and helped us to become self aware. Wasn.' Try ping to preach.

My point is that we all started as one dimensional creatures and one f them became god and helped us to become self aware. Wasn.' Try ping to preach.

That doesn't make any sense, imo!

• Like 5

So where does the turtle and the four elephants come in?

• Like 7

In the beginning there was nothing but pure conscience. There was a pool of consciousness, with one dimensional creatures(for want of a better word). These creatures only knew of itself although it ways floating in a pool of them. One of these creatures asked the most important question,"is I this all that there is". And it became god.

And where is your evidence for this?

• Like 1

It sounds like religio-philosophical speculation, not intended as science; nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

I've always thought that too , that somehow, awareness preceded physicality .. and still does.. as if 'it's" always "in the beginning"

I don't exactly know why i believe that.. it's just how things seem to me.

Edited by lightly

There is that saying spirit wanted to experience life and got caught in the lower vibrations of consciousness,and it taken so many to help bring man out of it .

While I love and enjoy most of Daniel's ideas because he thinks outside the box, in part because of personal experience, and even agree with some; I think this time he is wrong. IMO consciousness is clearly a product of material existence, not the other way around.

It is understandable /comprehensible/demonstrable, etc how consciousness can evolve from material hosts, and even eventually separate itself from those hosts, but so far incomprehensible how pure consciousness could initiate matter and organise it into form.

Not saying that pure consciousness combined with energy can't do this. It very well could, but the consciousness must first come from a host body

So human consciousness evolved from an organic host body, and artificial consciousness will evolve within a artificial host body.

In a reasonably short time, humans will be able to record, transmit, duplicate etc., any such form of consciousness, both organic and artificial.

Once this is done, it is feasible that the consciousness, combined with an energy source and machinery or other technology, could alone "create", shape, re shape, etc., both matter and energy. Your consciousness could be transmitted across the globe or anywhere else facilities were set up, and operate independently from remote places.

At the same time, it could command almost anything to be done anywhere human technology /facilities existed. This technology is being developed at the present moment and all the things required for it to operate should be in place well before the end of this century.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

While I love and enjoy most of Daniel's ideas because he thinks outside the box, in part because of personal experience, and even agree with some; I think this time he is wrong. IMO consciousness is clearly a product of material existence, not the other way around.

It is understandable /comprehensible/demonstrable, etc how consciousness can evolve from material hosts, and even eventually separate itself from those hosts, but so far incomprehensible how pure consciousness could initiate matter and organise it into form.

Not saying that pure consciousness combined with energy can't do this. It very well could, but the consciousness must first come from a host body

So human consciousness evolved from an organic host body, and artificial consciousness will evolve within a artificial host body.

In a reasonably short time, humans will be able to record, transmit, duplicate etc., any such form of consciousness, both organic and artificial.

Once this is done, it is feasible that the consciousness, combined with an energy source and machinery or other technology, could alone "create", shape, re shape, etc., both matter and energy. Your consciousness could be transmitted across the globe or anywhere else facilities were set up, and operate independently from remote places.

At the same time, it could command almost anything to be done anywhere human technology /facilities existed. This technology is being developed at the present moment and all the things required for it to operate should be in place well before the end of this century.

Something we can agree on! At last! :tsu:

Pure conscience does not come from the physical. The physical is a shell. Your conscience has to be more than physical other wise we would be like the other life on earth. That is we would only be smart enough to be human no more no less. All animals are only as smart as they need to be to survive as the type of life form they are. This includes plants, fungus, animal, and what ever other life forms there are in the universe.

Pure conscience does not come from the physical. The physical is a shell. Your conscience has to be more than physical other wise we would be like the other life on earth. That is we would only be smart enough to be human no more no less. All animals are only as smart as they need to be to survive as the type of life form they are. This includes plants, fungus, animal, and what ever other life forms there are in the universe.

We are like the all the other beings of the Earth. All you have to do is look into the eyes of a dog. When I look into my dog's eyes I see a reflection of myself. I see love, happiness, joy, pain, all those emotions I share with her. We are not different from any other creatures we share the earth with. We all apart of the double helix matrix of endless combinations of tree of life. Having an illness that affects the brain is an eye opener of how changes in the brain affects how one thinks and feels. If consciousness is separate from the physical being then explain brain damage and why it steals the personality of those affected?

• Like 6

What exactly is your basis for making this assumption.

• Like 1

one dimensional creatures (whatever that means) sounds good, why bring a third party into it and mess everything up?

And who or what decided which one dimensional creature was to break away from the one dimensional community and go it alone and become a god?

Confused? I sure am!

• Like 1

What exactly is your basis for making this assumption.

There is a pre-existance before life. I just think there had to be something before existence as well. The only thing I can think of is a per martial soup, I also think that the conscience is more than most people think it is. Otherwise my first thought would make no send. That thought being,"so this is life!". Note the exclamation mark. I was looking forward to life. Now I wish it hadn't happened.

one dimensional creatures (whatever that means) sounds good, why bring a third party into it and mess everything up?

And who or what decided which one dimensional creature was to break away from the one dimensional community and go it alone and become a god?

Confused? I sure am!

I don't know. Perhaps they were feeding off of each other???

Pure conscience does not come from the physical. The physical is a shell. Your conscience has to be more than physical other wise we would be like the other life on earth.

People who think in terms of "has to be" don't last long in science :whistle: Your assumptions are unfounded.

That is we would only be smart enough to be human no more no less. All animals are only as smart as they need to be to survive as the type of life form they are. This includes plants, fungus, animal, and what ever other life forms there are in the universe.

Humans are also animals: our intelligence and consciousness are products of evolution, like all other biology. I'm not even totally sure what you're claiming at this point, haha :innocent:

There is a pre-existance before life. I just think there had to be something before existence as well.

"Pre-existence"? Not sure what you're talking about :huh:

And "something before existence"? That's ludicrous: there is no logical way to try and claim that "something" existed before existence itself existed :lol:

The only thing I can think of is a per martial soup, I also think that the conscience is more than most people think it is. Otherwise my first thought would make no send. That thought being,"so this is life!". Note the exclamation mark. I was looking forward to life. Now I wish it hadn't happened.

??? :mellow: I literally couldn't decipher a single sentence of that.

Pr-exestance means before life.

The other part was about something before god. Some kind soup kinda like science says but before(in science terms) there was something to have the big bang from. Is before there was nothing.

This assumes that conscienceness cannot be destroyed or created like energy.

Edited by danielost

Pr-exestance means before life.

Okay, that's clearer :)

The other part was about something before god. Some kind soup kinda like science says but before(in science terms) there was something to have the big bang from. Is before there was nothing.

"Soup"? And as far as I understand cosmology, the consensus is that there was no "before" the Big Bang, as time itself originated with said "bang". And as far as what it "came from", that's typically thought to be a singularity of the cosmos' energy in a zero-dimensional point. So basically, you're positing the existence of one-dimensional "beings" starting the universe, while science posits an inanimate singularity of energy: basically, your hypothesis suggests a beginning more complex than cosmology's hypothesis. And simplicity is usually what one looks for in an origin story (part of why the notion of an extremely complex "god" as an explanation for a complex universe is absurd; complexity doesn't just appear out of thin air, ya know?) ^_^

This assumes that conscienceness cannot be destroyed or created like energy.

Why would you assume that?

Where did the singularity come from. What caused it to go bang.

I assume the conscience is not destroyable because of my first thought the day I was born "so this is life".

I think conscience can become more complex by joining together or by education. Like what we are doing here on earth.

Where did the singularity come from. What caused it to go bang.

We don't know, to my knowledge. There are hypotheses, but it's a mystery of cosmology, as far as I know (I'm not a physicist though).

I assume the conscience is not destroyable because of my first thought the day I was born "so this is life".

I think conscience can become more complex by joining together or by education. Like what we are doing here on earth.

You certainly didn't have a thought the day you were born, as human thought in such a sense requires speech: newborns don't have language yet, as it must be taught. As for consciousness becoming more complex, I suppose that is not wrong, necessarily: I wouldn't phrase it that way, but whatever.