Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electric life forms that live on pure energy

Still Waters

This opens the mind to a possible life forms on hotter planets or gas giants. What else could be out there living off certain gases or energy?

• Like 1

This opens the mind to a possible life forms on hotter planets or gas giants. What else could be out there living off certain gases or energy?

Everything we know lives off gases and energy...they just have to transform it first.

• Like 1

I'm shocked to see this. It sparks my interest for sure.

Okay, those were bad jokes, but I really think this is cool.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely fascinated by this.

I agree.

Edited by Sundew

Very interesting, something like the "metachlorians" from Star Wars.

So how about studying the same effect on living things and humans to see if these microbes are present in more matter?

Odd how we find out something that is so close to what is in a fictional series...

Also, "electricity" is only a raw form of nearly everything we eat, we break matter down into new proteins and molecules with those we create stimulation through neurotransmitters/receivers creating a chemical synapse' which is then interacted with by ELECTRICITY or chemical stimulation...

So, we eat things to break them down into their most elemental forms to create the basis of our body, which in all reality is quite complicated and these microbes are most likely the foundation of all life since they don't even have those complicated processes.

Maybe in a million years we will be evolved enough to not need to do all this stupid killing to eat and sustain ourselves, we will be able to absorb all the PURE energy we need through the heat and radiation of the sun as well as the natural electricity in the air such as electrostatics and the natural electrostatic pressure created by our planet and the sun.

Very interesting, something like the "metachlorians" from Star Wars.

So how about studying the same effect on living things and humans to see if these microbes are present in more matter?

Odd how we find out something that is so close to what is in a fictional series...

Also, "electricity" is only a raw form of nearly everything we eat, we break matter down into new proteins and molecules with those we create stimulation through neurotransmitters/receivers creating a chemical synapse' which is then interacted with by ELECTRICITY or chemical stimulation...

So, we eat things to break them down into their most elemental forms to create the basis of our body, which in all reality is quite complicated and these microbes are most likely the foundation of all life since they don't even have those complicated processes.

Maybe in a million years we will be evolved enough to not need to do all this stupid killing to eat and sustain ourselves, we will be able to absorb all the PURE energy we need through the heat and radiation of the sun as well as the natural electricity in the air such as electrostatics and the natural electrostatic pressure created by our planet and the sun.

I really like that idea... I don't know if it's possible.. but , if it is, maybe it was possible in an earlier time as well... Wouldn't it be wild and weird if we have DEVOLVED from such beings . It almost sounds right... to me anyway, it really sounds right.

Actually apparently there was a small group of more evolved human who lived that way and then were wiped out by us. Apparently they only needed water and some fruit here and there to increase their acidity balance.

Also were going to start doing that sooner than a million years but it won't be genetic, it'll most likely come out as a technology for long-term space flight where there would be these microbes genetically modified to work with our bodies. Quite feasible within 100 or so years to introduce it. Much longer though for our biological systems to adapt and actually evolve.

Actually apparently there was a small group of more evolved human who lived that way and then were wiped out by us. Apparently they only needed water and some fruit here and there to increase their acidity balance.

Also were going to start doing that sooner than a million years but it won't be genetic, it'll most likely come out as a technology for long-term space flight where there would be these microbes genetically modified to work with our bodies. Quite feasible within 100 or so years to introduce it. Much longer though for our biological systems to adapt and actually evolve.

What is the name of the small group of more evolved humans that were wiped out by us?

I really like that idea... I don't know if it's possible.. but , if it is, maybe it was possible in an earlier time as well... Wouldn't it be wild and weird if we have DEVOLVED from such beings . It almost sounds right... to me anyway, it really sounds right.

It could suggest a new way to look at the myth of the fallen angels having children to the daughters of man. De evolution for them and evolution for some of us?

• Like 1

Honestly I have no idea how it was spelled only the sound of it and where they lived. They lived in a mountain valley in the Himalayas.

It sounded something like Mankchu, Mantku, Mangtoo. Or Ma ~ ang ~ Tchoo

Lots of things in google close to those but I don't know if anyone has written about them online. Maybe go to your local library and search up ancient civilizations, even mythological stories such as Atlantis since this is supposed to be around the same time.

Honestly I have no idea how it was spelled only the sound of it and where they lived. They lived in a mountain valley in the Himalayas.

It sounded something like Mankchu, Mantku, Mangtoo. Or Ma ~ ang ~ Tchoo

Lots of things in google close to those but I don't know if anyone has written about them online. Maybe go to your local library and search up ancient civilizations, even mythological stories such as Atlantis since this is supposed to be around the same time.

I think I know who you mean, derived from Manu a Tibetan or Indian doctrine more speculative than proven such as a Denisovan man which some of the Himilayans share genes. If I remember right they were energy or light man that made a descent into the existing evolving man-ape present on earth. They had a tendency to become more animalistic because of the bodily functions having different physical requirements than just light as a source of substanance. Most of them were overpowered by their ego to materialism. The ones who remembered where they came from could still astral and became gurus or masters. Getting off the topic but an interesting myth.
  • Like 1

And this thread was going so well until it flew off into woo woo land.

Edited by aquatus1

Just a short excursion to discuss some ideas... (that seem to match up fairly well with certain mythologies) No permanent damage done to the Universe aquatus.

:P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

... but Yes, to be on topic.. very interesting discovery.

Plants convert EM energy to food... but, their bodies are made by converting matter ... Minerals and such?

Just a short excursion to discuss some ideas... (that seem to match up fairly well with certain mythologies) No permanent damage done to the Universe aquatus.

:P

I agree :) On topic this new form of life discovered and the energy processes involved will send many imaginations into woo land. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's not presented as a fact. Many scientific discoveries were made with some inspiration from the sci fi of their times. The imagination causes some research to go in a different direction than the old standard theories and can lead to new and exciting discoveries in physics and biological processes.

• Like 2

... but Yes, to be on topic.. very interesting discovery.

Plants convert EM energy to food... but, their bodies are made by converting matter ... Minerals and such?

I think the article claims that the researchers grew these microbes on nothing but electrical current. Which I still think is BS. The microbes can live off the electricity alone, but I don't see how they could grow or reproduce without physical substances being added into the system.

OP Link:

Over at the University of Minnesota in St Paul, Daniel Bond and his colleagues have published experiments showing that they could grow a type of bacteria that harvested electrons from an iron electrode (mBio, doi.org/tqg). That research, says Jangir's supervisor Moh El-Naggar, may be the most convincing example we have so far of electricity eaters grown on a supply of electrons with no added food.
Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

I always knew about this...... Actually microbes from ground or water surface are transported in the air via evaporation which microbes are lighter than water molecules... and there existing microbes in space , what more should i expect?

Edited by Rei4ever