Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS issues ultimatum to Christians

RoofGardener

Isn't it strange though ?

If a "christian" nation demanded that all muslims convert, leave or die, then there would be a world

war.

Shouldn't we be a bit worried about that ?

about reverse discrimination?

too bloody right we should RG.

it'll just mean more votes for UKIP/BNP/NF/KKK/ASSWPP/any other right-wing acronyms you choose to mention....

Edited by shrooma

I find it amazing that there have been stable christian populations in Muslim countries for centuries and now suddenly it all kicks off.

You have to honestly ask what changed ?

Br Cornelius

I find it amazing that there have been stable christian populations in Muslim countries for centuries and now suddenly it all kicks off.

Br Cornelius

In a nutshell from my point of view : Extremist Wahhabi ideologies, nourished by petrodollars, exploited by some for political ends (regional & local) in an environment where poverty & population explosion are on the increase while the reach & quality of education are decreasing.

• Like 1

What's racist is when some people blame all Muslims for the actions of these extremists radicals.

Are you getting a hint of that too?

Is being aware being racist? One can be aware without hate. I don't know who coined the phrase but they stated that moderates are sleeper extremists. What is meant by that? Islamic extremists are acting in precisely the proper manner as laid out in the Quran under dar al-Harb, which is very pleasing in the eyes of Allah. We must understand that concept. Those (moderates) living under dar al-Islam are also acting in a proper manner which is very pleasing to Allah. A key to understanding Islam is that it is dualistic. If Christian extremists committed some atrocity, all of Christendom would not be responsible because the extremists don't drive the Christian bus. Christian society will naturally deal with its extremists. On the other hand, the Islamic extremists drive the Muslim bus. And all you hear from the moderates is lip service condemning their actions. We've seen the rise of the Taliban, al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Wahhabism, and now ISIS. The likes of a Gaddafi or Saddam would have only held back these groups for awhile. Iran embraces it. This is a movement that is growing and more like-minded groups will rise. And from what population do you think it will come from?

It is like with the Native American during the 1880s. The sign of the buffalo returning, the White Buffalo brought on the Ghost Dance which was a signal of a great uprising that would kill the Whiteman. All Native Americans were inspired to rise up. Some were more active than others. But in the end, that was defeated. The promise of the 12th Imam or Mahdi is just on the horizon. This is psychological pressure that will work on the moderate. Since most of us are non Muslims, we do not hear the call as Muslims do. This is why we hear of moderates committing acts of violence and the people that knew them comment how they were such a good person and that they don't understand why they did it. But somewhere along the line they became radicalized because they heard the words of their faith (dar al-Harb). Therefore, it is not racist to blame all Muslims for the actions of extremists. Islam is in need of major reform and it won't happen if the most moderate of moderates are not pressured. We may find that Israel's actions against the Palestinian will be the blueprint to defend the non-Muslim world and lay pressure on dar al-Islam to reform. The world can be patient no longer. The world cannot sit by as a Sunni/Shiite Reformation spills over in warfare. It won't stay within their regions.

Native Americans are nothing like Muslim culture and extremist culture, but as years past, we forgive and forget the European settlers. Came to peace with what is happening. Islam and Muslims will never forgive any spilling of their blood, justified or not, they will continue to wage an campaign against Israelis, Christians, Non-Muslims, and Jews populations around the world. Atheists are also in the cross-hairs of these people. All other religions and races are compromising to get along, while Muslims continue their Jihad to wipe out all Infidels and loosely define term of Zionists. They will stop at nothing till they have driven every single one into the sea; if they can't force them to leave they will exterminate, threaten, or extort the remaining population that stays within their borders. To make matters worse, they are on a conquest for land and power, driving previous established states into chaos which they breed from. The young are mislead and recruited into these Terrorist organizations, the families that lose their young due to fighting support these nuts.

Now that the Elderly is starting to out number the young, it tells you how they operate and willing to kill their future generations to destroy another nation's existence. ISIS is sending the young in Arab nations that they recruited to occupy other sovereign nations, trying to create their mystical unified Arab nation. If they succeed, I am curious what they would call their stolen land, the Islamic State?

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

:w00t:

But now seriously, meryt-tetisheri, I couldn't have put it better myself. I would also point to the CIA funding of "The network", better know as Al-Quida, didn't help.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

It depends on what you call stable is?

I would call it an awakening, an Arab Christian Spring, if you will.

We should all (regardless of our faiths) be outraged at any group that calls for the death of others based on religion. I'm not sure if ISIS is exactly a "nation" or just a group that's grabbed territory (like the Taliban)? No good can come of such an attitude, it's very frightening.

What a milquetoast response, and even a back-handed insult to Christianity.

But now seriously, meryt-tetisheri, I couldn't have put it better myself. I would also point to the CIA funding of "The network", better know as Al-Quida, didn't help.

Br Cornelius

Others= those who can not be named ( imagine a horror/thriller sound track in the background) :gun::lol:

Others= those who can not be named ( imagine a horror/thriller sound track in the background) :gun::lol:

something by Trent Reznor perhaps....?

;-)

We should all (regardless of our faiths) be outraged at any group that calls for the death of others based on religion.

That would alleviate one major excuse for violence. But we should also be outraged at any group that calls for the death of others based on scarce resources, ethnicity, geography, culture, politics, or any personal characteristic or personal preference.

• Like 2

something by Trent Reznor perhaps....?

;-)

Lol :w00t:

I was thinking more like Jaws or

or

• Like 1

Br Cornelius

What changed is the same thing that gave way to the rise of practicing Muslims, Sharia Law, al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS.

Muslims nations getting sick of the Great White Western Christian nations screwing with them

When the dust of Arab Spring finally settles and they have washed the West out of their hair, they will focus.

They have other fish to fry.

Br Cornelius

Brother, I don't like to "correct" you per sa, but the translation is "the base", as in the data base the CIA gave Bin Laden and he used that data base to for m "the Base = al Qaeda"

Amerikanka! What a country!

• Like 1

Here I thought we were afraid of Iran and along comes ISIS to eat everyone's pickles.

Looks like all that fear mongering narrative from Israel didn't quite work out. :(

F121225ZEL01.jpg

• Like 1

In a nutshell from my point of view : Extremist Wahhabi ideologies, nourished by petrodollars, exploited by some for political ends (regional & local) in an environment where poverty & population explosion are on the increase while the reach & quality of education are decreasing.

While I don't disagree in any particular with the points you make, I rather suspect it is the encroachment of "Western culture and thinking" into those conservative Muslim communities that has done more to radicalise segments of the population and cause the ruling authorities to - at least initially - adopt an even more conservative outlook in an attempt to "defend Islam".

The real problem is that Islam cannot survive contact with progressive ideologies, but the natural instinct of people is to remain in a comfortable 'stasis'. This situation is exacerbated by that 'stasis' being maintained through a rigid theological authority.

• Like 2

Lol :w00t:

I was thinking more like Jaws or

or

....or carmina burana (exorcist) perhaps? maybe tubular bells (the omen)....

• Like 1

Hope this isn't too radical but I'm fed up being a moderate. Time we introduced a newer version of the Spanish Inquisition during which every person who taunted, tortured,murdered,ridiculed, humiliated or just plain refused to tolerate another individual on the grounds of race, religion, colour ,political, ethnic or sexual persuasion should be heat sealed into a clear polythene sack and dropped into the ocean. This will of course cause those (of us) remaining some serious ecological problems like water temperature and the rising of sea levels but hey what the hell we can live with a little inconvenience.

Currently my TV news is full of Gaza, ISIS, Ukraine and Alastair Cook. All getting a a bit too much.

• Like 2

Hope this isn't too radical but I'm fed up being a moderate. Time we introduced a newer version of the Spanish Inquisition during which every person who taunted, tortured,murdered,ridiculed, humiliated or just plain refused to tolerate another individual on the grounds of race, religion, colour ,political, ethnic or sexual persuasion should be heat sealed into a clear polythene sack and dropped into the ocean. This will of course cause those (of us) remaining some serious ecological problems like water temperature and the rising of sea levels but hey what the hell we can live with a little inconvenience.

Currently my TV news is full of Gaza, ISIS, Ukraine and Alastair Cook. All getting a a bit too much.

re underlined.....

looks like you'll be going in the plastic sack then.. ;) .....

because you want to murder the murderers etc....... :P

whoops...I might be going in one as well...now I've said what I said about what you said...

on a more serious note....it does get a bit much but it can relieve the tension getting involved in discussions

on this forum...trust Dr Bee...this is your recommended treatment... :tu:

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

i bet the letter they write to ISIS will be very stern indeed RG....

Indeed Shooma, indeed.

Of course, we'll have to teach them to read first ?

Br Cornelius

It started at the beginning of the 20th Century, though it peaked on the run-up to WW2, and afterwards.

OIL

Suddenly, Sates like the newly-founded Saudi Arabia where swimming in money, and could (and did) afford to start to fund evangelical centres around the World, as well as buying weapons from the West. The inculcation of radical Islam was bootstrapped to a new level.

COMMUNICATIONS

A firebrand preacher in downtown Yemen can - thanks to the new-fangled invention of Radio - be heard for hundreds of miles around. Possibly even further, once they had invented electricity :P.

In more recent years, with the advent of Broadband, their mouthfoamings have a worldwide audience.

Previously, such a preacher could only directly influence the congregation of their Mosque. Now they can spread their poison worldwide. In real-time.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

It started at the beginning of the 20th Century, though it peaked on the run-up to WW2, and afterwards.

OIL

Suddenly, Sates like the newly-founded Saudi Arabia where swimming in money, and could (and did) afford to start to fund evangelical centres around the World, as well as buying weapons from the West. The inculcation of radical Islam was bootstrapped to a new level.

COMMUNICATIONS

A firebrand preacher in downtown Yemen can - thanks to the new-fangled invention of Radio - be heard for hundreds of miles around. Possibly even further, once they had invented electricity :P.

In more recent years, with the advent of Broadband, their mouthfoamings have a worldwide audience.

Previously, such a preacher could only directly influence the congregation of their Mosque. Now they can spread their poison worldwide. In real-time.

So INTERFERENCE BY WESTERN COUNTRIES, interested in said Oil, and in spreading their doctrines of Capitalism, and their not hesitating to change a country's government if they didn't think it was co-operative enough, didn't come into it then?