Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS issues ultimatum to Christians

RoofGardener

Yamato,

funny how you should speak of violence and sitting around and letting good people die by what you call pure evil in a thread about ISIS persecuting christians in Syria/Iraq.. Just read this today on the Hal lindsey Report, " Congressman Frank Wolf, R-Va., told congress Iraqi christians are facing a 'genocide' and horrific crimes against humanity." The Palestinians are letting Hamas launch rockets from their homes. These Christians have done nothing wrong at all and are being slaughtered.

What say you?

I couldn't agree more, and neither did the Muslims do anything wrong in Palestine, on their own land, in 1947 and 1967.

Hundreds of thousands ran out of their homes and off the land, all paid for by Jews and Christians, a deadly combo

who really cared in America? nobody.

But they cared in the Middle East, and they no longer like Christians

Nothing wrong huh? well.. then we should be seeing the people of Gaza standing up to Hamas and forcing the hostility toward Israel to cease.

I thought the war(s) over in the Middle East were all religious? Isn't the ultamate goal of this Jihad to bring about the destruction of Israel and the coming of their Mahdi? So that would make Any Israelites or believers in the God of Israel and his Son Jesus Christ any enemy would it not? Maybe this is why the Christians are being murdered. I believe the Psalm 83 war (which is most likley going to happen in the next couple years once Syria/Iraq/ISIS straightens it's self out) is going to bring about the Gog Magog war of Ezekiel 38&39. Funny how both religions are living in their perspective prophetic last days. If one sits back and studys the prophecys and pays attention to world events and the actions of people today, one could see how there is so much more to what's going on here than meets the eyes.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 2

I thought the war(s) over in the Middle East were all religious? Isn't the ultamate goal of this Jihad to bring about the destruction of Israel and the coming of their Mahdi? So that would make Any Israelites or believers in the God of Israel and his Son Jesus Christ any enemy would it not? Maybe this is why the Christians are being murdered. I believe the Psalm 83 war (which is most likley going to happen in the next couple years once Syria/Iraq/ISIS straightens it's self out) is going to bring about the Gog Magog war of Ezekiel 38&39. Funny how both religions are living in their perspective prophetic last days. If one sits back and studys the prophecys and pays attention to world events and the actions of people today, one could see how there is so much more to what's going on here than meets the eyes.

They think it's a book of fairy tales - or so they say. Even when these things are being fulfilled before their eyes they (most of them) will continue to make excuses and remain in denial. They'll continue to vilify and shout down anyone of faith who is trying to get the word out. They reject all knowledge of the God of the bible and they look like they'll go down shaking their fists. Oh well...
  • Like 1

Those loveable scamps ISIS have been branding their version of Peace and Tolerance in a city they control.

No doubt the UN will rise to their feet to condemn this, and it will be headline news across the world.

No doubt.

No doubt. And wiping a silent tear from their collective cheek. No doubt.

• Like 1

Yamato,

funny how you should speak of violence and sitting around and letting good people die by what you call pure evil in a thread about ISIS persecuting christians in Syria/Iraq.. Just read this today on the Hal lindsey Report, " Congressman Frank Wolf, R-Va., told congress Iraqi christians are facing a 'genocide' and horrific crimes against humanity." The Palestinians are letting Hamas launch rockets from their homes. These Christians have done nothing wrong at all and are being slaughtered.

What say you?

I say it's another pizzpoor result that doesn't mesh with what our stated objectives are. When did you hear me agreeing with arming ISIS in the months and years past? Where did you see me supporting ISIS on this forum? Where did you hear one sentence of support from me on ISIS the way I've heard 6,000 of them from 'and then' alone on Israel? ISIS is another violent manifestation of the same turd results we get over and over again. How many times do you want to try before you stop expecting a different result? How many more gangs of goons do you want to arm? How much more failure and waste can you excuse?

Newsflash: Iraq is a failed state. I've been the one saying that to people like you, if you had ears to listen. Now you're trying to tell me who's innocent and who's guilty in Iraq? Does the Islamic Dawa Party contain all of the innocent people of Iraq? You ready to wager your chips on the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council or something?

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

They think it's a book of fairy tales - or so they say. Even when these things are being fulfilled before their eyes they (most of them) will continue to make excuses and remain in denial. They'll continue to vilify and shout down anyone of faith who is trying to get the word out. They reject all knowledge of the God of the bible and they look like they'll go down shaking their fists. Oh well...

See, nope, it's nothing to do with politics at all. it's pure religious irrationalism.

There really is no way you can argue with a position like this, it's simply "God says so, and that's an end to it".

• Like 2

The God of the Bible doesn't exists, if you diagree show me the evidence :tu:

PS - Neither does Allah exist - just so you understand I am an equal opportunities atheist.

Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius,

God may not exist to you and that's fine, but just because you say so does not make it so.. I believe that it is not a coincidence that the countrys, the alliances, and the wars along with the growing anti Israel and Christian mentality around the globe which was spoken of by the prophets of the Bible are/is happening as prophecied. This is enough for me since the majority of the prophecys are written word for word and have become, are becoming a reality. Why don't you do the research yourself and see if it is what it seems instead of just spitting out your opinion and putting the burden of supplying proof on to someone that you won't agree with anyway because you choose to be willfully ignorant.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 1

Br Cornelius,

God may not exist to you and that's fine, but just because you say so does not make it so.. I believe that it is not a coincidence that the countrys, the alliances, and the wars along with the growing anti Israel and Christian mentality around the globe which was spoken of by the prophets of the Bible are/is happening as prophecied. This is enough for me since the majority of the prophecys are written word for word and have become, are becoming a reality. Why don't you do the research yourself and see if it is what it seems instead of just spitting out your opinion and putting the burden of supplying proof on to someone that you won't agree with anyway because you choose to be willfully ignorant.

You never know who will get a word Ogbin. A seed can grow in some pretty drab soil - under the right conditions :) The conditions are ripening all the time. If psalm 83 actually IS prophecy(I believe it is) then the world is about to get a really big dose of surprise about the little state of Israel. Even those that vehemently hate her are going to start looking around and wondering how in the world she just cannot seem to lose!
  • Like 1

Speaking of ISIS, amid all the bloodshed & slaughter..a photo of the car of ISIS' Caliph Baghdady. Terrorism is a lucrative business!!!

https://twitter.com/...5244545/photo/1

Meanwhile ""The International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS) condemns the forced expulsion of the Christian brothers of Iraq from their homes, cities and provinces,"

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-scholars-condemn-expulsion-iraqs-christian-brothers-120656878.html

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 1

You never know who will get a word Ogbin. A seed can grow in some pretty drab soil - under the right conditions :) The conditions are ripening all the time. If psalm 83 actually IS prophecy(I believe it is) then the world is about to get a really big dose of surprise about the little state of Israel. Even those that vehemently hate her are going to start looking around and wondering how in the world she just cannot seem to lose!

Hmmmm, I wonder about that right now.

I won't call it magic, nor will I call it an act of God. But I do think about it.

I see an United States, a nations that is so concerned about *domestic* human rights, but that bends over backwards for a criminal, extremely racist and vile regime to the tunes of $$$ every year, and I ask myself, WHY?

I see an Israel that insults Americans and America, constantly spies on her ally, America, and I ask myself, WHY does America tolerate this treatment back to us after all we do? What do the Israeli's know? How do they know they can get away with it?

I See an Israel that never warned us about the impending 911, and then, cheered when the WTC buildings collapsed, an Israel that tried to blackmail a sitting POTUS, Bill Clinton, with tapes of his conversations with Monica Lewinsky, and I ask myself WHY does Israel get away with all of this, and still get red carpet treatment?

I ask myself these things a lot, 'and if'. And you know what...? maybe it *is* magic!

• Like 2

We all have to believe in something, Earl... for some people its just another drink ;) I feel quite secure in my choice and it gives me peace so even if I'm wrong, when I lay down at night I sleep well. Cheers ;)

I won't call it magic, nor will I call it an act of God. But I do think about it.

I see an United States, a nations that is so concerned about *domestic* human rights, but that bends over backwards for a criminal, extremely racist and vile regime to the tunes of $$$ every year, and I ask myself, WHY?

I see an Israel that insults Americans and America, constantly spies on her ally, America, and I ask myself, WHY does America tolerate this treatment back to us after all we do? What do the Israeli's know? How do they know they can get away with it?

I See an Israel that never warned us about the impending 911, and then, cheered when the WTC buildings collapsed, an Israel that tried to blackmail a sitting POTUS, Bill Clinton, with tapes of his conversations with Monica Lewinsky, and I ask myself WHY does Israel get away with all of this, and still get red carpet treatment?

I ask myself these things a lot, 'and if'. And you know what...? maybe it *is* magic!

Every time Israel kills an American, they "can't see". That would be an act of war on planet Earth for any other country but even murdering our citizens is fine as long as the murder is state sanctioned. And Americans come home in body bags and 'and then' cracks more jokes, having peace and sleeping well.

• Like 1

We all have to believe in something, Earl... for some people its just another drink ;) I feel quite secure in my choice and it gives me peace so even if I'm wrong, when I lay down at night I sleep well. Cheers ;)

I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't have a belief... YET. I'm formulating

• Like 2

I don't believe that a "Christian Zionist" is a Christian.

I was raised Catholic, and I've been to many different churches many times in my life. And to a building, what Christianity teaches is to "Love." Even your enemies. Christianity teaches to "Have Mercy." We say "Peace be with you." and "Go in peace to Love."

I don't know what church a Christian Zionist goes to? I could start playing the "Anti" card too and start handing out some Anti-Christ cards especially to the ones calling themselves Christians.

• Like 1

Oh, that one's EASY. A large proportion of the aide to Israel is actually in the form of credits that have to be spent in the USA. So the USA isn't subsidising Israel, it is subsidising MacDonald Douglas and Ford Aerospace and General Dynamics. This is a good thing, otherwise those companies might have gone bust years ago.

At the same time, Israel provides a useful counterfoil to Soviet ambitions in the MIddle East. The Soviets provided the Arab nations with thousands of tanks, hundreds of aircraft, and millions of AK47's. The Arabs use these weapons to attack Israel. They lose, and blame it (partially) on inferior Soviet weapons, reducing Soviet credibility in the region. They then turn to America and purchase yet MORE F15's and F16's and so forth. So all in all its a triple-winner.

So these corrupt Arab nations turn to good ol' Uncle Sam to supply their armies and air forces, and thereby enhance their capability to destroy Israel? I'm not sure if that's really such a wise plan.

Me neither. But... strange though it may be to recount ... the US government doesn't consult me before doing these things :P

How many slaps is giving an F-4 to Iran worth? Surely that's at least one slap for every US lawmaker appropriating them. The excuse that it was before they had a popular revolution that transformed it into a theocracy so we couldn't have seen it coming. How many slaps is giving an F-16 to Pakistan? How worthy of weapons is that regime?

In Middle East politics the US seems to have only one of two options. Either prop up dictators who give better lip service to secularism, or tolerate Islamic countries. A choice between political welfare and apolitical tolerance.

just out of interest, these are the countries F-16s have been supplied to:

Venezuela seems a little ironic, although that was before Chavez became the New Castro. (Interestingly, they now operate alongside Su-30s).

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

The US government probably doesn't sell F4's to Iran, or F16's to pakistan. It is the General Dynamics salesman who does that. The only role for the US government is whether to support the sale with export gaurentee credits, or to block the sale on political grounds.

Still - an interesting list. Thanks for taking the time to track that down, Yamato.

Edited by RoofGardener

Well, some of those examples above (certainly Iraq and Poland) were provided for political purposes, from ex USAF stocks, to support governments that the US had installed or that they wanted to make valued Allies for political purposes, (e.g. Poland), and almost certainly those would have been supplied at a very generous price, subsidised by the US Govt. This was almost certainly the same with Iran before the Revolution, even if the Shah did pay the full market price they wouldn't possibly have been sold to him if the US Govt of the time didn't want him to.

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb

The US government probably doesn't sell F4's to Iran, or F16's to pakistan. It is the General Dynamics salesman who does that. The only role for the US government is whether to support the sale with export gaurentee credits, or to block the sale on political grounds.

:blink:

just out of interest, these are the countries F-16s have been supplied to:

Venezuela seems a little ironic, although that was before Chavez became the New Castro. (Interestingly, they now operate alongside Su-30s).

I'm certainly no expert but I believe there are F-16's and then there are F-16's, as they say. The avionics and weapons included in the platform make all the difference. I think Israel gets everything top of the line, all other countries not so much.