Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

National Guard to the Border

OverSword

Tired of waiting for the Feds to step up, Rick Perry has decided to use his powers as Governor of Texas to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas, Mexico border to help stem the flow of illegal aliens. This is likely just a pre-presidential run stunt IMO, but at least some body is trying to do something.

From the article:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The governor of Texas, a vocal critic of the White House's response to the surge of children and families entering the U.S. illegally, plans to deploy as many as 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border, a lawmaker confirmed Monday.

Gov. Rick Perry, who is mulling a second presidential run after his 2012 bid flamed out in a series of public gaffes, over the weekend questioned President Barack Obama's commitment to securing the border and said Texas would do so if the federal government did not.

State Rep. Terry Canales said he was briefed by his staff Sunday following a conference call with the governor's office, the Texas National Guard and the state Department of Public Safety. Perry's office hasn't commented, but he is scheduled to make the announcement Monday afternoon at the state Capitol in Austin.

Read more here

Lets see how long he can pay for it (beyond the novelty effect).

• Like 1

It'll be cheaper than what all the illegals will cost.

I tend to doubt that, we are not talking about millions of people crossing over the Texas border. Alone the one day activation for the papal visit in San Antonio (1987) cost $102,117. Add inflation and you will have a good per diem.

Too little, too late. The damage has been done, time to manage it. Should impeach Obama, then fine and shamed both George W. Bush and Obama for neglecting their duty to the nation for political gain. Set an example for the next president. Protect our borders or face the same fate.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 6

HOUSTON, Texas--The U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 that includes $5.508 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement operations. Included in that amount is more than $87 million for the transportation of illegal immigrants--most often via plane--from the U.S.-Mexico border to federal facilities around the nation.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/21/Feds-to-Spend-More-Than-87-Million-Flying-Illegal-Aliens-Around-US

• Like 2

IF Perry finds a way to keep those numbers there for a long while, or if they become too effective too quickly I would expect Oby to impede his use of them legally (or illegally) by some executive mechanism.

• Like 2

IF Perry finds a way to keep those numbers there for a long while, or if they become too effective too quickly I would expect Oby to impede his use of them legally (or illegally) by some executive mechanism.

He can always nationalize the guard.

HOUSTON, Texas--The U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 that includes $5.508 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement operations. Included in that amount is more than $87 million for the transportation of illegal immigrants--most often via plane--from the U.S.-Mexico border to federal facilities around the nation.

http://www.breitbart...liens-Around-US

That is pennies compared to what America spends on other things.

http://www.breitbart...liens-Around-US

Well, that would be about $12.5 billion less than during FY 2012, guess Texas will need to deploy some National Guard to make up their part of the missing billions....

That is pennies compared to what America spends on other things.

I need to correct you. That is pennies compared to what America borrows on other things.

• Like 1

I'm fine with him spending state money to build his own fence if he wants it too. Not that I think that neither the national guard nor a fence would solve the illegal immigration problem.

• Like 1

I'm fine with him spending state money to build his own fence if he wants it too. Not that I think that neither the national guard nor a fence would solve the illegal immigration problem.

Actually G I think it could. It hasn't really been tried so no one knows for sure. Solving the problem of illegals isn't so difficult if everyone got serious about it. I'd say everyone's attention will be exquisitely focused the day after a mass casualty event from someone who came in quietly across said border. It would cost billions and it would require ongoing expense but it can be done. Of course it could also be accomplished by getting serious about not hiring non citizens. THAT is the true answer but business people in the states don't like to talk about that...it seems like a dirty little secret. It gets down to $, will and votes for the whores in congress.

edit: I want to apologize to all the working girls - I'm sorry to compare hardworking people to those in congress :)

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

Actually G I think it could. It hasn't really been tried so no one knows for sure. Solving the problem of illegals isn't so difficult if everyone got serious about it. I'd say everyone's attention will be exquisitely focused the day after a mass casualty event from someone who came in quietly across said border. It would cost billions and it would require ongoing expense but it can be done. Of course it could also be accomplished by getting serious about not hiring non citizens. THAT is the true answer but business people in the states don't like to talk about that...it seems like a dirty little secret. It gets down to $, will and votes for the whores in congress.

That is the only key to the problem. As long as some people can make a living being illegal in the country, no matter how high the fence and how many goons you have patrolling along it nothing will change. But that is the part nobody wants to change.

• Like 1

Bush built a 700 mile fence starting in 2006. Eight years later and no one seems to want to publicize how effective it was. It's not like the data is not there.

• Like 1

can we borrow some of your National Guard?

please?

pretty please...?

• Like 2

Bush built a 700 mile fence starting in 2006. Eight years later and no one seems to want to publicize how effective it was. It's not like the data is not there.

It is just like sending the DEA to avoid drugs coming in, as long as there is a demand they can spend as much money as they have, they don't even make a dent in it.

What sickens me about this whole thing is at this point you could argue this is an invasion which means the federal government is constitutionally obligated to do something but they won't. other than fret about having acceptable housing for these people.

What sickens me about this whole thing is at this point you could argue this is an invasion which means the federal government is constitutionally obligated to do something but they won't. other than fret about having acceptable housing for these people.

Any viable suggestion save some actionism spending a few billion to send the national guard to the border?

Any viable suggestion save some actionism spending a few billion to send the national guard to the border?

Prosecution of anyone employing illegal aliens. Screw calling them immigrants. ILLEGAL ALIENS!

edit to add if the feds won't do it then the states should. If they don't it proves the state governments are as full of hot air and BS as the feds.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Right now anything we do will cost a ton of money. this isn't a new problem it has been going on for decades but this doesn't mean we shouldn't try something. move national guard or active duty troops down there temporary until we get a handle on the holes in the border then we can slowly cycle them out. as for the people coming across now we should load them on ships with no windows, haul them down to Tierra del Fuego and kick them overboard.

they are not our citizens and therefore not entitled for us to worry about their due process. if they are worried about that they should have stayed in the country they are a citizen of.

Right now anything we do will cost a ton of money. this isn't a new problem it has been going on for decades but this doesn't mean we shouldn't try something. move national guard or active duty troops down there temporary until we get a handle on the holes in the border then we can slowly cycle them out. as for the people coming across now we should load them on ships with no windows, haul them down to Tierra del Fuego and kick them overboard.

they are not our citizens and therefore not entitled for us to worry about their due process. if they are worried about that they should have stayed in the country they are a citizen of.

So basically ditch our Constitution.

• Like 1

That's a bit harsh. OK way too harsh. But yes illegal aliens should be deported and American employers that give people without work visas should suffer the financial consequences. Fines and tax penalties should make it too expensive to risk hiring undocumented people. Also congress should notify Mexico that shipping these people here via train or what have you is tantamount to an act of war, since they are actively undermining our economy and insist they desist immediately.

So basically ditch our Constitution.

??? why is this a constitutional issue? they are not citizens of this country and have not rights under our constitution. if they or some lawyer has a problem with that they should take it up with the country these people are citizens of.

do you think El Salvador or Guatemala are going to go to the U.N. and complain about how we are treating their citizens. personally I don't think they give a flying you know what.