Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Planet X

Light_B_4_Dawn

*sigh* another one of those "The ancient people couldn't have been as smart as us! They didn't have instant coffe, the internet, or machine guns! So it must be aliens!" threads. grin2.gif It's simple really: maybe there is no "Planet X," and the ancient civilizations were smarter then what most people take them for. The mayans could predict cosmic occurences years before they happened, does that mean they got help from aliens? No! They just had too much free time grin2.gif We have all this technology today, does that mean aliens helped us? No! We just have too much free time between wars grin2.gif

And I came in here thinking a new Discovery channel documentary was coming out too sad.gif

Edited by TaintedDoughnuts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeking

• babayagafamiliar

• Hotoke

• Burning Love

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, heres what I think-

Planet x= not a planet (object from Kuiper belt- like pluto which isn't technically a planet either. My astronomy teacher used to say that all the time)

planet x temp= very low, near absolute zero. Anything around that region will be insanely cold because it is soooo far away from the sun. Think pluto.

there are hundreds of objects in the Kuiper belt region. Aeons ago something big happened there, I don't know what but something did. "Nibiru" could have been any of these objects. I'm far more sure that these sumerians could have somehow witnessed any of these than getting contact from aliens in Nibiru.

Also, if Aliens did come from planet x... how come it is now an uninhabitable wasteland. Think, absolute zero like temps. Some hacks have started saying the aliens are in the core amassing a giant army rolleyes.gif or stuff like that.

You don't need pictures to know how the planet's landscape/properties actually are. Distance from sun, orbit, size, and gravitational pull on passing objects which ARE visible (which will tell if it is rocky, small, massive, a gas planet,etc.) and some spectroscopy will do the trick. MY opinion? Just another pluto like object whose currentpassage might at most be an omen in ancient systems of astrology.

what a load of crap.

There is no evidence for planet X

laugh.gif

Edited by whoa182

Ok People, I'm about to show you the correct way to debunk stuff like this.

you wanted to know why we can not see Planet X; well it’s not too hard to figure out now is it. You say we can see loads of far away things in space such as galaxies, stars & whatever but did you stop to think that these things we see send out light and it is our telescopes catching that light, planets with a habitable atmosphere like our own only send out a tiny light that we can not currently see and we still can not detect rock planets, we can only detect gas giants in other solar systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un-true. We've found a rocky planet 17x the size of earth in another solar system. Stars give off light whilst planets reflect it; Even KBOs reflect some light, and at even 200 AU it would still give off enough light and rays so that we could see it. Brown dwarfs give of rays, as does Jupiter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we can not get a highly detailed image of Pluto then why would we see Planet X at all, Planet X has an enormous elliptical orbit and it takes it about 3,600 years just to orbit the Sun. Maybe Planet X has gone so far out in its orbit that it is basically in the darkness of space and because a planet does not send out light quite like a star or a galaxy does then wouldn’t that make it currently impossible to see. No light from it means we won’t see it because our telescopes are just not good enough yet to see things like that.

Pluto is smaller than the earths moon, Nibiru is 15x the size of jupiter (theoreticly) and 4 times more distant, it being that big would be like huge in the night sky anyway, so don't it expect it to sneak up on us anytime soon wink2.gif Brown dwarfs do emit light aswell as reflect it, why else would they be in the catagory of star? Our telescopes are good enough to detect a blackhole 45,000 Lightyears away (the ones that detect radiation), and Brown Dwarfs give off alot too, so we would have spotted it.

Just in case if you have not come across this information, some scientists believe that there are rogue planets scattered throughout the galaxy which are stationary and not moving or orbiting anything, and because these rogue planets are in the middle of space and light is not touching these planets then they are invisible to normal sight and telescopes. To locate these planets we must find another way of detecting them.

Yes, I have seen this information alot of times, hell, it's probably the most used by Nibiru supporters! wink2.gif Now, you must not understand much science, I'm 14 and can wipe you out in a matter of seconds in both grammer and science... But gravity is a complex thing, even as rouge planets they would still be orbiting the center of the Galaxy at speeds far beyond the limits of your tiny brain. yes.gif The thing about needing advanced methods to detect them are true... Unless... If they are around anything we can detect (stars, gas giants), ya know, things that give off rays or light, we would be able to detect them a number of ways. Everything has gravity and in the case of a brown dwarf (1. Rays, 2. Light, 3. Reflection, 4. Gravational effects) that gravity would be noticable on stars if they were close enough. But in Nibirus case its close enough to where we could detect it's effects on Pluto, Neptune, Uranus and probably other bodies, and it would indeed be a big effect.

Hope you Nibiru people start learning science, physics, math, and GRAMMER soon. rolleyes.gif

Ok People, I'm about to show you the correct way to debunk stuff like this.

you wanted to know why we can not see Planet X; well it’s not too hard to figure out now is it. You say we can see loads of far away things in space such as galaxies, stars & whatever but did you stop to think that these things we see send out light and it is our telescopes catching that light, planets with a habitable atmosphere like our own only send out a tiny light that we can not currently see and we still can not detect rock planets, we can only detect gas giants in other solar systems.

Un-true. We've found a rocky planet 17x the size of earth in another solar system. Stars give off light whilst planets reflect it; Even KBOs reflect some light, and at even 200 AU it would still give off enough light and rays so that we could see it. Brown dwarfs give of rays, as does Jupiter.

If we can not get a highly detailed image of Pluto then why would we see Planet X at all, Planet X has an enormous elliptical orbit and it takes it about 3,600 years just to orbit the Sun. Maybe Planet X has gone so far out in its orbit that it is basically in the darkness of space and because a planet does not send out light quite like a star or a galaxy does then wouldn’t that make it currently impossible to see. No light from it means we won’t see it because our telescopes are just not good enough yet to see things like that.

Pluto is smaller than the earths moon, Nibiru is 15x the size of jupiter (theoreticly) and 4 times more distant, it being that big would be like huge in the night sky anyway, so don't it expect it to sneak up on us anytime soon wink2.gif Brown dwarfs do emit light aswell as reflect it, why else would they be in the catagory of star? Our telescopes are good enough to detect a blackhole 45,000 Lightyears away (the ones that detect radiation), and Brown Dwarfs give off alot too, so we would have spotted it.

Just in case if you have not come across this information, some scientists believe that there are rogue planets scattered throughout the galaxy which are stationary and not moving or orbiting anything, and because these rogue planets are in the middle of space and light is not touching these planets then they are invisible to normal sight and telescopes. To locate these planets we must find another way of detecting them.

Yes, I have seen this information alot of times, hell, it's probably the most used by Nibiru supporters! wink2.gif Now, you must not understand much science, I'm 14 and can wipe you out in a matter of seconds in both grammer and science... But gravity is a complex thing, even as rouge planets they would still be orbiting the center of the Galaxy at speeds far beyond the limits of your tiny brain. yes.gif The thing about needing advanced methods to detect them are true... Unless... If they are around anything we can detect (stars, gas giants), ya know, things that give off rays or light, we would be able to detect them a number of ways. Everything has gravity and in the case of a brown dwarf (1. Rays, 2. Light, 3. Reflection, 4. Gravational effects) that gravity would be noticable on stars if they were close enough. But in Nibirus case its close enough to where we could detect it's effects on Pluto, Neptune, Uranus and probably other bodies, and it would indeed be a big effect.

Hope you Nibiru people start learning science, physics, math, and GRAMMER soon. rolleyes.gif

696721[/snapback]

Brown dwarfs aren't stars (though speculated as being "failed" stars they are actually planets). Also they emmit incredibly low amounts of light, and are far harder to detect than black holes which cause massive gravitational effects on nearby celestial bodies. So no, that's not how you properly debunk this planet x biz. If planet x is indeed a brown dwarf in the Kuiper belt region it will be rather hard to detect.

It would be very easy to detect. Look at how far away some black holes are, We still find them. You're not gonna miss something 15x the size of jupiter.

Well, this guy has been debunked already. He needs to check his facts.

From that article:

Here is a cylinder seal from the Berlin Museum of Ancient Near East. When the central god or celestial body is enlarged, (see below) we can see that it depicts a large, ray-emitting star surrounded by eleven heavenly bodies-planets. These in turn, rest on a chain of twenty-four smaller globes. It is only a coincidence that the number of all the "moons" or satellites, of the planets in our solar system (astronomers exclude those of ten miles or less in diameter) is also exactly twenty-four?

How ridiculous! Jupiter ITSELF has over SIXTY moons, and more than 40 of them are WELL over 10 miles in diameter.

I absolutely HATE IT when people twist truth to fit what they believe in.

It would be very easy to detect. Look at how far away some black holes are, We still find them. You're not gonna miss something 15x the size of jupiter.

698019[/snapback]

What I'm telling you man is that a black hole is far easier to detect than a brown dwarf. Want to find a black hole in a far away region of space? Just look at the orbit of any nearby celestial bodies. A black hole causes an insane ripple of gravity to everything even remotely near it. A brown dwarf emmits very little light compared to a star, and doesn't have sufficient mass to provoke massive gravitational effects like a black hole. The worse of two worlds.

A brown dwarf emmits very little light compared to a star,
True

Originally called black dwarfs (and often called enanas cafe in Mexico), these substellar objects were first conceived of in the early 1960s as dark bodies floating freely in space. Stellar models had suggested that a true star must have a m ass at least 80 times that of Jupiter to kindle the stable fusion of hydrogen. Objects with less than 80 Jupiter masses were believed to exist, but it was recognized that they would be extremely difficult to find because they would emit very little light.

Source

698019[/snapback]

What I'm telling you man is that a black hole is far easier to detect than a brown dwarf. Want to find a black hole in a far away region of space? Just look at the orbit of any nearby celestial bodies. A black hole causes an insane ripple of gravity to everything even remotely near it. A brown dwarf emmits very little light compared to a star, and doesn't have sufficient mass to provoke massive gravitational effects like a black hole. The worse of two worlds.

698118[/snapback]

Have you seen the Badastronomy.com webpage on Planet X? It makes it clear that brown dwarfs EMIT and REFLECT enough light to be seen far away! We have found lone ones 200+ lightyears away, so surely we can spot one in our own cosmic back yard! wink2.gif

698019[/snapback]

698118[/snapback]

Have you seen the Badastronomy.com webpage on Planet X? It makes it clear that brown dwarfs EMIT and REFLECT enough light to be seen far away! We have found lone ones 200+ lightyears away, so surely we can spot one in our own cosmic back yard! wink2.gif

709486[/snapback]

Point remains that it is easier to find a black hole or star in the Kuiper belt than a Brown dwarf. Anyway, do we even know if Planet X is a brown dwarf?

Planet X (as in the "tenth" planet from the sun) is a planetoid. Its about the size of Pluto and is twice the distance from the sun then Pluto.

There is no danger from this so called "Planet X"

tongue.gif

~Thanato

I find all this very interesting. Especially the connection to the ancient civilization of Sumer. I will read more of this.

Well, this guy has been debunked already.  He needs to check his facts.

From that article:

Here is a cylinder seal from the Berlin Museum of Ancient Near East. When the central god or celestial body is enlarged, (see below) we can see that it depicts a large, ray-emitting star surrounded by eleven heavenly bodies-planets. These in turn, rest on a chain of twenty-four smaller globes. It is only a coincidence that the number of all the "moons" or satellites, of the planets in our solar system (astronomers exclude those of ten miles or less in diameter) is also exactly twenty-four?

How ridiculous! Jupiter ITSELF has over SIXTY moons, and more than 40 of them are WELL over 10 miles in diameter.

I absolutely HATE IT when people twist truth to fit what they believe in.

698117[/snapback]

I definately agree! thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Im staying neutral in this "Is planet X real or not" debate. But with an open mind think of this: NASA and the government etc. discovers a large celestial object bigger then jupiter coming into a collsion course towards earth. Do you really think they would reveal that information to the public? Of course not! You would have worldwide breakdown of society, chaos. They first time this news of a planet X hit the public was in the 80's. Then they quickly came to say it was nothing. Then this year some astronomer said he found it and was going to name it after his new daughter just born ( was on CNN or FOX last month) then that was it, nothing, never heard from it again. That's pretty big news right there for amatuer astronomers and NASA alike to just die out like that. With an open mind maybe this guy got paid off to keep quiet etc. I mean it makes sense, but we will never really know anything. Sometimes when the truth is covered you just got to use common sense and what is plausible. Anyone can say that Planet X dosen't exist because there's no evidence proving it to exist, but there's also no evidence proving it dosent exist.

Im staying neutral in this "Is planet X real or not" debate. But with an open mind think of this: NASA and the government etc. discovers a large celestial object  bigger then jupiter coming into a collsion course towards earth. Do you really think they would reveal that information to the public? Of course not! You would have worldwide breakdown of society, chaos. They first time this news of a planet X hit the public was in the 80's. Then they quickly came to say it was nothing. Then this year some astronomer said he found it and was going to name it after his new daughter just born ( was on CNN or FOX last month)  then that was it, nothing, never heard from it again. That's pretty big news right there for amatuer astronomers and NASA alike to just die out like that. With an open mind maybe this guy got paid off to keep quiet etc. I mean it makes sense, but we will never really know anything. Sometimes when the truth is covered you just got to use common sense and what is plausible. Anyone can say that Planet X dosen't exist because there's no evidence proving it to exist, but there's also no evidence proving it dosent exist.

825944[/snapback]

show me a source with the guy talking about finding planet x and i'll believe that. there is tons of evidence that it doesnt exist and barley any that it does. people might say because the orbits of planets are off. we thought they were off because we miss-calcaulated them. all you planet x, maurdocks, nibrui(which means a freaking ferry boat!) http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm scroll down to the bottom and check out the facts and the guy disprove them all.

.... Anyone can say that Planet X dosen't exist because there's no evidence proving it to exist, but there's also no evidence proving it dosent exist.

825944[/snapback]

um...the lack of evidance proving it exists IS the evidance that it doesnt exist...

if i was to tell you i was superman, would you believe it? theres no proof that im not..

rolleyes.gif

.... Anyone can say that Planet X dosen't exist because there's no evidence proving it to exist, but there's also no evidence proving it dosent exist.

825944[/snapback]

um...the lack of evidance proving it exists IS the evidance that it doesnt exist...

if i was to tell you i was superman, would you believe it? theres no proof that im not..

rolleyes.gif

826871[/snapback]

*Removed, you can repost it when you have learnt to post according to the rules.

Edited by Kismit