Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trapped Man Yodels for Help!

Eldorado

'A hiker was rescued by yodeling for help after getting stuck for three hours in a cattle grid.

German walker Martin Kaiser, 54, used to the traditional mountain form of communication after getting stuck in the cattle grid while he was wandering along a remote forest trail leading up the Hochkoenig mountain in the Austrian Pinzgau region.'

''I eventually decided to yodel for help because there was nothing else to do"'

Full story and hilarious pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2702907/Hiker-rescued-yodeling-help-getting-stuck-three-hours-cattle-grid.html

Looking at that first pic I'm thinking maybe his yodelling wasn't voluntary.

• Like 3

Oops...it does look a bit painful. Perhaps this is how yodeling began in the first place? :unsure2:

This reminds me of my brother-in-law. He's native and he once told me his theory about how the popular native warcry came to be. He said back then, warrior natives didn't have pants to wear and they didn't have saddles to mount their horses. So when in full gallop, the male natives were *ahem* not protected, therefore the pain made them yell out. Haha.

• Like 2

Yodeling for help was a good idea, as I imagine the sound would have carried much further than if he'd just called out. Lucky for him that cyclist heard him and it all ended well.

• Like 2