Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Sorcerers on here? Purpose of Sorcery ?

LostSouls7

I believe sorcery is different from traditional witchcraft and wizardry. I believe it is the use of an item to bind a spirit to do work. I believe the electrical system is an example of sorcery.

• Like 1

I believe sorcery is different from traditional witchcraft and wizardry. I believe it is the use of an item to bind a spirit to do work. I believe the electrical system is an example of sorcery.

:blink: An electrical system is physics, sorcery is metaphysics. They are completely different things, one is science the other isn't.

• Like 1

Sorcery, to me, is just not understanding how you managed to do something. (basically it is ignorance albeit sometimes innocent ignorance)

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

There is very little difference between magick and self-help techniques. Rituals are basically just glitzed up affirmations. Channeling emotions into the act let's the intent sink into the subconscious/deep mind easier. Same with using sigils or sacred mantras. I believe in a collective unconsciousness, so what I think happens through a metaphysical act is that you can subtly influence others to bring about the change you desire. Hollywood, comic books, and novels make magick out to be some earth shattering demon summoning power. The only "real" demons you work with are the darker aspects of yourself. Which is why I call them mind phantoms.

As above so below means that the external universe mirrors your internal one.

You bring about change in the external universe not through magical powers, willing it to happen or chanting, but by changing your internal universe. Try experimenting by changing the ways in which you think and look for changes in the external reality over the next few days.

• Like 1

You bring about change in the external universe not through magical powers, willing it to happen or chanting, but by changing your internal universe. Try experimenting by changing the ways in which you think and look for changes in the external reality over the next few days.

I changed the ways I think quite radically when I deconverted from Christianity. Yet the objective universe remained the same. My understanding of it simply changed.

I changed the ways I think quite radically when I deconverted from Christianity. Yet the objective universe remained the same. My understanding of it simply changed.

I can't do work on you without a full break-down of your states of mind, ways of thinking, perceptions, etc.

Christainity is a belief in an objective universe exactly the same as atheism. The difference between the two is their original cause and what happens after death. The best place to start when wanting to make changes is by asking what issues you're experiencing in your life which are causing suffering?

If you're willing to communicate I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it for you.

if you think an objective reality exists then here is a good place to start for someone not exposed to physics -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0974682802?ie=UTF8&tag=whodaninc-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0974682802%22

Then get youself a book on quantum mechanics.

if you think an objective reality exists then here is a good place to start for someone not exposed to physics -

A car rear-ending you at 70 mph is about as objective as you can get. (it happened to me years ago) so yeah, a real reality exists.

A car rear-ending you at 70 mph is about as objective as you can get. (it happened to me years ago) so yeah, a real reality exists.

Lets be clear, an objective reality means a reality which exist independantly from your mind. And no, physics doesnt agree with you. It says it doesnt exist. It says the observating or measuring is what brings it into existance and that doesn't occur independandly of the mind. I cant be clearer than that, I cant continue posting link after link showing it, you either accept it or you dont. You dont.

• Like 2

Lets be clear, an objective reality means a reality which exist independantly from your mind. And no, physics doesnt agree with you. It says it doesnt exist. It says the observating or measuring is what brings it into existance and that doesn't occur independandly of the mind. I cant be clearer than that, I cant continue posting link after link showing it, you either accept it or you dont. You dont.

well said.

• Like 1

This is exactly what I meant by changing yourself to change the world. Every morning I do creative visualization about my day, how I want it to go, etc. I get the results I expected. Things just line up with my intentions. The rituals, sigils, and affirmations are just ways of changing the internal world.

• Like 2

alter your perception and you change the entire universe, or at least your experience of it, which in the end is all you have.

• Like 1

Indeed. Our perspectives shape our reality and our view of it. Seeing the world through the eyes of someone filled with hate, and you will see a hate filled world and act accordingly.

You realize there are multiple interpretations of quantum mechanics, right? And that one hasn't been definitively demonstrated to be correct yet? :innocent: I hate it when people try to use quantum mechanics as somehow "proof" of magic, but it isn't. It isn't at all. I like even less when people say that "physics says [this]" about quantum mechanics, particularly in this situation, in which there are four major interpretations of the observations, only one of which you seem to acknowledge: and none of which support the kind of magical thinking that you're trying to endorse.

http://io9.com/quantum-mechanics-it-does-not-mean-what-you-think-it-1609440180

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics

Life seems to be too effing cozy for y'all. A harsh dose of reality will come down on us soon. Let's see if you can handle it with quantum denial.

I've been through too much personal hell to know reality. Trust me I'm quite grounded despite what some may think.

• Like 1

I think he means if something external comes and changes the internal. Since, within us lies the kingdom of God.

kingdom of god, sorcery, magic(k), physics being used to explain magic.

good times, good stuff

• Like 1

Life seems to be too effing cozy for y'all. A harsh dose of reality will come down on us soon. Let's see if you can handle it with quantum denial.

its quite cozy for me.

I think i'll drink another beer

Edited by LostSouls7

WEll color me blue ....l'm God smacked

I have never had anything to do with this kind of thing. We know the power of the mind when it comes to the placebo effect, though it is unconscious, maybe just maybe, for some people they can harness this ability and use it consciously. However if possible, what power does the unconscious have over it to twist it, make it grey, or dark magic.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

So..you are basically trying to tell me that I just created this incident out of thin air? A car I did not even see until I stopped spinning after being struck? Brilliant.

I bet I also imagined my whiplash and totaled car too into existence. Wow...

solipsism is fun to contemplate as a thought experiment, but as a model or paradigm for functioning reality... meh

I have never had anything to do with this kind of thing. We know the power of the mind when it comes to the placebo effect, though it is unconscious, maybe just maybe, for some people they can harness this ability and use it consciously. However if possible, what power does the unconscious have over it to twist it, make it grey, or dark magic.

Peace

Mark

i think dark and grey magic.. is when let's say you do a spell for money.

But then someone dies and leaves you money.

That's why is important to say exactly where you want the money to come from.

Like if you have a business you want to say you want more money to come

from the success of that business..

but dont just say I want lots of money..

then it could turn into grey magic or black..

at least that's what I read on a magic website

• Like 2

So..you are basically trying to tell me that I just created this incident out of thin air? A car I did not even see until I stopped spinning after being struck? Brilliant. I bet I also imagined my whiplash and totaled car too into existence. Wow...

In the beginning

All that existed was an empty mind. It experienced no thoughts, no feelings and no sensations. Lacking these things it existed in a state of oneness.

Thoughts

The first thoughts entered into the mind. When a mind has a thought its relative to something else meaning something other than it exists. This seperateness ended the oneness.

Ego

The mind believing itself to be seperate started asking questions such as where am I? what am I made of? why do I exist? what else exists? This created an identify for the mind of a unique, seperate, individual, entity which exists apart from other things.

Creation of Reality

The newly created ego sought the answers to its questions. Seeking of knowledge outside itself, better called conscious awareness, brought into existance the universe out of the potential.

Emotions

Ego causes emotions related to the experience of seperateness in the newly created universe. For example a fear of dying. Emotions make the mind fixate on the illusion of the newly created reality. This locks the mind into it and acts to prevent the 'fall of man' being reversed back into the minds original state of oneness.

Correcting Force

A force exists to return the mind into a state of oneness. Its a mixture of what you would call time, entrophy and suffering. In essence all seperated states cause some form of suffering. When you've suffered enough, when you've hit rock bottom so to speak, you sort your mind out to overcome the seperated state causing it. Bit by bit you climb your way back up to oneness.

Car Crash

Look for the deeper meaning of the car crash from the perspective of oneness not your ego and its emotions. You created a relative state between two things which the force is seeking to correct. I cant tell you what it is as you havent supplied enough information.

Example

The man with low self-esteem has created the relative concepts of confidence and lack of confidence. He measures himself against them and feels inferior as a result. The correction force manifests experiences which make him suffer for having low self-esteem with the aim being to move him beyond the seperated state. His ego and emotions prevent him doing this, he endures a lot of suffering. when he's suffered enough he finally sorts his ego and emotions out. Then he no longer thinks in terms of relative confidence or lack of confidence. Those concepts have become incognito to him and he has moved a step closer to oneness. (The force also makes the confident suffer as that too is a state of seperation).

Edited by RabidMongoose