Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crowdsourcing the hunt for alien artifacts

A future initiative could enable thousands to scan images of the moon for signs of anomalous objects.

The plan, which is being championed by SETI researcher and physicist Paul Davies, would be to use crowdsourcing to help analyze thousands of high resolution images taken of the lunar surface by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...alien-artifacts

Aren't amateur astronomers already scanning the moon (and other bodies,) on a regular basis? We have hundreds of pictures of pyramids, "faces", "spaceships", etc.

But disregarding all of those, "we really want to open the door for amateur astronomers to find artifacts out there."

• Like 3

I think we have more than enough cranks out there "discovering" remains of cities,spacecraft,alien bases as it without encouraging more.

• Like 6

Strange source Forbes, its usually about business and finance news, so, this is a business idea, simply put... everyone make financial contributions (to someone's pocket).. and we will let you look at images!!

(images that are already free I might add) Mostly anyway!!

from the article

A 1995 academic paper by Ukrainian radio astronomer Alexey Arkhipov argues that only artifacts larger than one meter in size would be found on the lunar surface; with objects smaller than that buried by meters of regolith due to the lunar surface’s continual bombardment by micrometeorites.

• Like 1

I think we have more than enough cranks out there "discovering" remains of cities,spacecraft,alien bases as it without encouraging more.

True, but look at all the fun we can have making funof them. Who knows, maybe one of them will get lucky.
  • Like 1

I doubt there is much on the moon.

Agree with Dr no, sites like this could get bombarded with "is this a kettle / frog / bigfoot / my missing necklace etc etc etc etc on the moon"?

• Like 1

As if there isn't enough on Youtube already.....

• Like 1

It's a nice idea for bored amateurs however, without a science background everything to them will appear 'fishy'... something tells me this will become something along the lines of 'buy a star'...

That's the first thing I thought of, "Why crowdsource, they're aready doing it?" I am guessing they will provide high res images but what training would be offered and how would you deliver it and test these would be investigators. We all see the ridiiculous things folks here come up with when they see a corrupted image.

• Like 1

Agreed ! Next thing you are going to tell us Is that Aliens Hunted in Pack`s !

Man where do people get all this B.S. ?

Agreed ! Next thing you are going to tell us Is that Aliens Hunted in Pack`s !

Man where do people get all this B.S. ?

Aliens do hunt in packs Donteatus, invisible packs of aliens traversing an alternate dimension. Their base is located inside the interior of the moon, they've parked their EMV's around various planets as well as our very own Sun. They also have remnants of bases on the surface of the moon and Mars. The alien base a.k.a the moon was birthed from the San Andreas fault by a meteoroid sperm carrying remnants of the aliens home planet and DNA, they have since infiltrated our government and control the world via the Illuminati. I've gathered all of my factual information from various threads so if you need confirmation of any of these facts you can gladly use the search bar to verify or visit youtube where there is plenty of video documentation verifying my claims. :alien:

Someone has to fill the shoes of those whom have gone missing right? They were probably abducted though so maybe I shouldn't. /endsarcasmrant

• Like 2

Aliens do hunt in packs Donteatus, invisible packs of aliens traversing an alternate dimension. Their base is located inside the interior of the moon, they've parked their EMV's around various planets as well as our very own Sun. They also have remnants of bases on the surface of the moon and Mars. The alien base a.k.a the moon was birthed from the San Andreas fault by a meteoroid sperm carrying remnants of the aliens home planet and DNA, they have since infiltrated our government and control the world via the Illuminati. I've gathered all of my factual information from various threads so if you need confirmation of any of these facts you can gladly use the search bar to verify or visit youtube where there is plenty of video documentation verifying my claims. :alien:

Someone has to fill the shoes of those whom have gone missing right? They were probably abducted though so maybe I shouldn't. /endsarcasmrant

Don't forget the moon is hollowed but not hollow (I still don't understand that one).

• Like 3

You forgot to mention the pyramids, remember who taught man how to build them?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Ah yes, the hollowed but not hollow gem, that was certainly priceless. How stupid of me to forget the pyramids! They most certainly couldn't have been built by man, there is absolutely no historical evidence proving that they were built by man period! Alien gods are of course the only perfectly logical answer. :alien:

• Like 2

Just what we need. Because there aren't enough clueless amateurs poring over satellite images of the moon and Mars finding all sorts of cranky nonsense that isn't there.

I wonder if Paul Davies is aware of the kind of things that amateurs are already "finding" on photos of the Moon and Mars.

• Like 4

Just what we need. Because there aren't enough clueless amateurs poring over satellite images of the moon and Mars finding all sorts of cranky nonsense that isn't there.

I wonder if Paul Davies is aware of the kind of things that amateurs are already "finding" on photos of the Moon and Mars.

I expect Mr Davies cares more about the funds..

• Like 2

I expect Mr Davies cares more about the funds..

Quite possibly. A while back I remember a SETI representative advocating for funds and claiming that they'd find ET within 20 years, which seems like an entirely BS claim designed to loosen purse strings.]

Bah humbug. I love the idea of SETI and what their goal is but I can't help but be cynical about some of the things they come out with.

• Like 1

Kind of an interesting article actually. Also, they are talking about crowdsourcing not crowdfunding here, so I don't think it is reasonable at least at this point to say this is a money grab.

Edited by Razer

From the article

“Evidence of past mining or quarrying could show up in gravimetry or magnetic surveys, even if an ancient mine was buried under the lunar regolith,” said Davies. “We could detect [alien] nuclear waste perhaps from a lunar satellite by looking for localized gamma ray sources from the lunar surface.”

I do hate these moon mining theories... there are countless moons around countless planets, and no doubt many are closer for any alleged aliens to get too.

• Like 3

From the article

“Evidence of past mining or quarrying could show up in gravimetry or magnetic surveys, even if an ancient mine was buried under the lunar regolith,” said Davies. “We could detect [alien] nuclear waste perhaps from a lunar satellite by looking for localized gamma ray sources from the lunar surface.”

I do hate these moon mining theories... there are countless moons around countless planets, and no doubt many are closer for any alleged aliens to get too.

I, too, hate those theories. Plenty of mining opportunities in space if you have the technology. Why pick the moon? Why not a much smaller body where it is much cheaper, gravitationally speaking, to the mined material lifted off?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Damn good idea, there seems to be some strange stuff there.

Damn good idea, there seems to be some strange stuff there.

Where?

Cheers,

Badeskov