Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pub in Ireland bans 'loud' Americans

questionmark

WATERVILLE, Ireland, July 24 (UPI) --A pub in Ireland has put up a sign advising Americans that they can take their business elsewhere because they are a bit too noisy.

Peter's Place Café in Waterville has posted a sign reading, "No Bus/Coach tours or loud American's. Thank you."

The pub is on a tourist route in the area known as the Ring of Kerry.

OK Paddy, where do you think America's pub culture came from? So first you send it too us and then you pretend to be "better".... great one.

• Like 5

arent pubs normally loud regardless? lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

How odd...'cause don't those "loud Americans" spend plenty of money at their pub?

Due to the weak dollar not as much as they used to, that made antiamericanism a little stronger... see Greece.

LOL!!! It's his pub so his rules. I would go in there anyway and tell him I was a Canadian. I would order a Guinness and proceed to talk loudly about what a bunch of hosers Americans are.

• Like 7

LOL!!! It's his pub so his rules. I would go in there anyway and tell him I was a Canadian. I would order a Guinness and proceed to talk loudly about what a bunch of hosers Americans are.

And then in good old woodcutter style pick a fight on the local priest.... would help to make Canada just as popular :innocent:

• Like 2

MERICANS! :w00t:

Shhhh, keep it down!

• Like 5

It's not a Pub, it's a Café and Hostal (check out it's facebook site)...Talk about a misleading title.

• Like 1

It's not a Pub, it's a Café and Hostal (check out it's facebook site)...Talk about a misleading title.

As someone who hopes to visit someday I'm glad to hear it :)

I'll try not to be too loud..

• Like 1

nvm

Edited by spartan max2

• 1 month later...

I have to laugh at that, because when i lived in Korea, myself & about 10 other loud (drunken) Americans were threatened to be kicked off their trains/subways on the 1st day of a 4 day weekend for us...and on the last day we were threatened with a years banning if we didn't quite down...

And face it to the rest of the world, as a group we're rather rude

• Like 1

OK Paddy, where do you think America's pub culture came from? So first you send it too us and then you pretend to be "better".... great one.

To be fair,I don't think America has a pub culture,certainly nothing like what you find in the UK and Ireland.The bars I've visited in America are ok but they're not a patch on the real thing and your beer is like gnats urine

• Like 1

In all fairness, Mericans ( not all) can be rude and obnoxious so I can understand this. Too many times Mericans act like escaped zoo animals. The Japanese have had problems like this as well.