Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia commits act of war.

danielost

kraina means land. And Ukraina means borderland. Really? Russian propaganda which made success. U=border ??? On what Slavic language? Ukraine means as Sorbs called their land- Domowina!

tryzub is Ukrainian! Not Russian.

People think when hear Kievan Rus-Its Russian. Rus=Russian. Well its Ukrainian. And Ukraine is older than Russia. So Russia cant be older brother.

They are later formed Slavic group. As Macedonians. As Bosniaks. To my research, irelevant in a sense. (Russians, not Bosniaks)

How can Russian be older brother when we have Great Moravia and Kingdom of Croatia , not to mentioned Duchy of Dalmatia and Pannonia, Principality of Nitra...

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 1

To Helen,

If Croats stayed in Ukraine,Poland...

Croats would probably wear Vyshyvanka and Kozhukh rather than Kosovorotka. Maybe even sharovary. Maybe play kobza and enjoy Vertep which was also common to Croatia. Perhaps dance hopak if they stay later. Eat bread and salt and sang Mnohaya lita (interestingly lita/lito is also said in Dalamatia). In time of wedding made Korovai same as todays Croats made their pletenica. Couple stand on pidnozhnyk. Other rushnyks decorate their homes. During winter celebrate Koliada. After they start to celebrate Christmas and made Didukhs. Croatian composer Jakov Gotovac wrote in 1925 the composition "Koleda". There is also a dance from Dubrovnik called "The Dubrovnik Koleda." In pre-Christian Croatia, "koleda" was a celebration of death and rebirth at the end of December in honour of the sun and god - Dazhbog, whose power once more begins to increase in those days. Krijes, meaning bonfire in Croatian, is another festival honouring the sun, during the summer at the time of his greatest strength; a celebration for good harvest.

Church of Saint Barbara 17th century near Zagreb

2e6g3zk.jpg

xaot52.jpg

Like you are in Kyev.

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 1

Ukraine have more with Croats than with Russians. Although Croats have also links with Czech and Poles. And needless to say that of all Slavic groups Croats are most unique.

Evgen Mykolajovich Pashchenko noticed that Russkaya Pravda and Poljica statue, most valuable middle age documents of Croats and Ukrainians, amazingly similar.

He was born in 1950. He lived in Zaporizhia.In 1975 at the Kiev University "Taras Shevchenko" graduated Ukranian language. He graduate Slavic Studies at Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade. At the Institute of Literature of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine finished his postgraduate studies. He received his doctorate in 1996 at the Institute of Culture in Kiev, the theme "Ukrainian-Serbian literature and cultural bonds between the ages of baroque 17th and 18th centuries: contacts, typology, stylistics" . He was employed as a scientist at the Institute of Art, Folklore and Ethnography "Maxim Rilski" National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. At Kiev university he taught Croatian language. Today in Zagreb at the University teaches Ukrainian. In 1994 Pashchenko was included in the Ukrainian diplomacy. In 2008 he initiated the edition „Ucrainian croatica“, which is the editor. He does research on the Ukrainian-Croatian bound throughout history.

Some of works:

Etnogenesis and mythology of Croats in the context of Ukraine, in 1999.-improtant

Origin of Croats and Ukraine, 2006-important

Slavist and empires. Jagich between Galicia and Ukraine Malorusia

From Kiev to Poljica. Following the age-old migration, 2010-This is very important work! Scientific treasure.

Ukrainian-Croatian literary comparisons, 2010

Point is that Croats and Ukrainains share same ethnogenesys. Which isnt surprising since Croats share ethongenesys with Poles, Czech, Slovenians. Even Hungarians can be argued.

Im talking about ethnogenesys before 6/7/8 th century. Depends on area.

Croats were first Slavic group that were formed so no one compares with them. However Croats left their traces in Poles, Ukrainians, Czech, Slovenians. ;)

Russians are like Macedonians. Later formed slavic group. Like Belarussian. Slovaks and Serbs have bad luck during history.

Another very different Slavic group except Craots are Bulgars. Thats why those two are my prime concern.

Anyway, Russians are nobodys older brother!!! As they like to call themselves.

When we look archaeology-Croats

When we look historography and historical context-Croats

When we look language-Croats

So they can be older brothers only to those Asiatic people in Asia.

And whats happened in recent years-after Ukrainian scientists start to discover new things-Russians start to claim that Croats were all the way to today Moscow.

Which they were not. There were Finnic tribes. Again, they try to stole another people history to potraited themselves as older brother.

Croats were from today Bavaria, Poland and Ukraine, part of today Hungary. Then they spread to Czech and Slovenia. And then they came in Dalmatia and Pannonia when Byzantine ruler Heraclius called them in 600s AD. And before that they came in heart of Europe they were at Azov and Black sea. They were not near Moscow.

One word: Lysenkosim-and funny that word originate from Russia! Surprise!

And its funny situation since Poles try to hide Croats origins. Czech are comfortable to discuss it but not teach it on college. And after Ukrainians start to study their ethnogenesys and discover what they discovered...Russians start to spread stories about Croats near Moscow. Because scientists start to discuss that all Slavic people originate from Croats, then that Russyns originate from Croats, that Ukrainians originate from Croats, that Serbs originate from Croats...depends on author.,,,So Russians would also like to be old so they move map of early Croats North East.

When you cant have own history, lets stole it from others.

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 1

There are no clean hands and good guys in this troubling situation. All parties play roles in the deterioration of political stability in Ukraine, and propaganda won't change this fact. It's a complex problem that needs to be solved in a manner that eschews childish finger-pointing. The situation calls for mature diplomacy that acknowledges the concerns of all involved participants.

NATO and Russia have an obligation, to the rest of the world, to not antagonize each other. The stakes are too high to do otherwise. We can't let opportunities for peace slip through our hands, and I type this with the assumption that all sides wish to pacify the dogs of war. You can be forgiven if you doubt that they have the best intentions.

• Like 2

Its all hotting up around Mariupol, port of, Where are the Ukrainian forces? they seem to be in retreat, having also been pushed back from Donetsk Airport. It's a serious situation which all came about by a expansionist miscalculation by the European Union, Its this miscalculation which has brought conventional fighting to the borders of Europe, something we have not seen for a long time. someone get the EU President to the frontline holding aloft the Nobel peace prize.

• Like 1

I will not speak about ongoing war because of emotions involved. No one question Russian vitality and their arsenal. However dont forget when European David almost killed Goliath. When Russians try to invade Finnland. What a failure. What a disaster. True, Russians won but for what price? It was phyrric victory.

When Russian tanks start to move over frozen lakes, Finns hide mines on lake. When tank came near, explosion. Ice break and tank disapeared in frozen lake. Sunken tanks. Than Russians start to detect mines. Even in woods. So Finns made mines of wood. Which couldnt be detected.White hell.

Also Russians didnt know how to deal with winter as Finns. It was so cold that all liquid was frozen. Wounded couldnt get morphine because it was frozen. But Finns were clever. They put ampules of morphine in their mouth as they moved trough forest. In mouth is hot so it couldnt be frozen.

It was only second invasion which crushed Finns. And if anyone help them out-Russia would lost.

Russians left their pants on stick because of Sisu.

We need to see will Ukraine will have fate of Finnland or someone will stood up aginst Goliath.

• Like 1

I will not speak about ongoing war because of emotions involved. No one question Russian vitality and their arsenal. However dont forget when European David almost killed Goliath. When Russians try to invade Finnland. What a failure. What a disaster. True, Russians won but for what price? It was phyrric victory.

When Russian tanks start to move over frozen lakes, Finns hide mines on lake. When tank came near, explosion. Ice break and tank disapeared in frozen lake. Sunken tanks. Than Russians start to detect mines. Even in woods. So Finns made mines of wood. Which couldnt be detected.White hell.

Also Russians didnt know how to deal with winter as Finns. It was so cold that all liquid was frozen. Wounded couldnt get morphine because it was frozen. But Finns were clever. They put ampules of morphine in their mouth as they moved trough forest. In mouth is hot so it couldnt be frozen.

It was only second invasion which crushed Finns. And if anyone help them out-Russia would lost.

Russians left their pants on stick because of Sisu.

We need to see will Ukraine will have fate of Finnland or someone will stood up aginst Goliath.

Its clear Ukraine cannot secure its own territory as witnessed in Crimea and the East of the country today. - the serious question which should have been asked when the NATO hinted at and continues to hint at NATO membership for Ukraine. is are we willing to be dragged into a war not of our choosing over a country we have no national interest in, and very little cultural ties?

But anyway forget that, - What happens when the Russian separatist push further West and gain more ground? It'll be interesting to see if the Ukrainian leader asks NATO for assistance. - if he does ask for help, I hope sensible heads prevail in NATO and direct him to the United Nations. Ukraine is no place for NATO.

• Like 3

Oh well so close but so far would one say... I am from Slovenia you....

But reality is there are 2 sides to every story it is up to you and your common sense to see the right one... i saw what happened, and since Russia got alot of landmass, and West nothing they started to crying like little girls... Why do they get land in 1 unarmed event, while US are fighting is ME like crazy for practically nothing..

Beside i just stated my opinion like you did yours, many others are welcome too. I will not argue about past anymore waste of time and words...

There are no clean hands and good guys in this troubling situation. All parties play roles in the deterioration of political stability in Ukraine, and propaganda won't change this fact. It's a complex problem that needs to be solved in a manner that eschews childish finger-pointing. The situation calls for mature diplomacy that acknowledges the concerns of all involved participants.

NATO and Russia have an obligation, to the rest of the world, to not antagonize each other. The stakes are too high to do otherwise. We can't let opportunities for peace slip through our hands, and I type this with the assumption that all sides wish to pacify the dogs of war. You can be forgiven if you doubt that they have the best intentions.

Peace must be sought. Active steps must be taken to achieve peace, certain political sacrifices must be made.

Maybe I don't know enough about the situation, but it seems to me that Russia is antagonizing nobody. With MH17 they were falsely accused, and that makes the event a false flag.

I say again, if Russia were doing in Mexico, Cuba or Canada or the Bahamas what NATO and the US is doing in Ukraine, we would have called a meeting of the UN Security Council. We would be sending troops and weapons to stand up to those invading our Monroe Doctrine area of influence.

• Like 2

Oh well so close but so far would one say... I am from Slovenia you....

But reality is there are 2 sides to every story it is up to you and your common sense to see the right one... i saw what happened, and since Russia got alot of landmass, and West nothing they started to crying like little girls... Why do they get land in 1 unarmed event, while US are fighting is ME like crazy for practically nothing..

Beside i just stated my opinion like you did yours, many others are welcome too. I will not argue about past anymore waste of time and words...

Slovenac! Behave yourself. :D

You can't justify aggression on Ukraine by US adventures in ME and you can't decide for Ukrainians if they will be independent or not.

By the way, in that anti-Western option you represent here, are there many Slovenians with you who are from Slovenia?

• Like 1

Its clear Ukraine cannot secure its own territory as witnessed in Crimea and the East of the country today. - the serious question which should have been asked when the NATO hinted at and continues to hint at NATO membership for Ukraine. is are we willing to be dragged into a war not of our choosing over a country we have no national interest in, and very little cultural ties?

Have you got any idea how many Ukrainians (and related nations) are in the USA? Or you think you personally are the whole NATO?

But anyway forget that, - What happens when the Russian separatist push further West and gain more ground? It'll be interesting to see if the Ukrainian leader asks NATO for assistance. - if he does ask for help, I hope sensible heads prevail in NATO and direct him to the United Nations. Ukraine is no place for NATO.

Too late. You will never get rid of us again. We are coming to steal your jobs and speak Polish. :lol: Kidding. Couldn’t resist. Low hanging fruit problem :lol:

Read the news, steve, read the news.

• Like 1

:D Well, some pysanky are formidable...

Didnt you know that its against rules to post violent material?

Wonderfull video. Zagreb Cathedral on giant pysanki and its near Cathedral. I recognized fontain with golden angles.

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 2

Are those dinosaur eggs?

• Like 2

Are those dinosaur eggs?

Its Pysanki. Eggs which Slavic people decorate in time of Easter.

Interestingly enough, we can use pysanki to traces some origins of certain people in Ukraine. There is museum in Ukraine.

Tradition originate before Christhianity was introduced in Slavic population. It symbolize new life. Rebirth. Resurrection.

Those pysanki in video are from Croatia.

In Ukraine, to me most beautifull pysanki are Hutsuls pysanki.

There is also 4,5 way to made pysanki. You can do it with wax for example. It become science and art.

edit: God how I miss Easter breakfast!

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 1

Didnt you know that its against rules to post violent material?

Wonderfull video. Zagreb Cathedral on giant pysanki and its near Cathedral. I recognized fontain with golden angles.

Amazing, isn’t it, how our ancestors kept their old traditions alive.

Regimes come and go, wars rage, beliefs merge, but pysanki stay.

I don’t believe in coincidences, so it’s not just a coincidence that we ended up talking about pysanki. They are symbol of new life, of eternal renewal. So this was a sign. I won’t say out loud what this sign made me hope for, I don’t want to draw any bad luck on it.

Even if I’m wrong, whatever happens, we will keep our traditions alive.

• Like 1

Tip: If you remove the 's' from https the video will embed into your post.

:D Well, some pysanky are formidable...

• Like 2

Thanks, acid, but I'm not sure if that's all right with UM anymore, the photos are being removed because of copyright and only links are preferred. Not that we have that huge issue with copyright over here, I'm quite sure no one would sue over that video.

Amazing, isn’t it, how our ancestors kept their old traditions alive.

Regimes come and go, wars rage, beliefs merge, but pysanki stay.

I don’t believe in coincidences, so it’s not just a coincidence that we ended up talking about pysanki. They are symbol of new life, of eternal renewal. So this was a sign. I won’t say out loud what this sign made me hope for, I don’t want to draw any bad luck on it.

Im food guy. I nothing than Easter breakfast. I can imagine that even wives wanted to change menu that they couldnt do it. Because of kids and husbands. "Mom where are the eggs?"

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.” Einstein

Yes, it is amazing since we know its pre Christhian. We used in time of Easter because symbolize ,what you said. Its symbol of new life, ressurection and spring. Thats why Slavs linked it with Easter. Slavs before belive in magical power of pysanki. That pysanki can heal you and protect you from evil. There are documents in 12th and 13th century which describe those believs. In Ukraine there a lot geometrical vegetative motifs. In some area asymmetrical motifs. Around Carpathia, where Croats originate from (one of the places) have different motifs. I mentioned Hutsuls, who are also successor of Croats. But also Boikos and Lemkos originate from Croats. Boiko area have dark colors with contrasts. Hutsuls on another hand have complex geometric pattern with rich colors. Thats why Hutsuls are is called land of artists. When you say Ukraine and pysanki everyone will first think on Hutsuls. Educated people ofcourse. Pysanki can be made by painting (malovanka), dyeing (krashanka), waxing (kapanka) or by scrathcing (driapanka). (Ukrainian names). When I mentioned Boikos, recent experts concluded that they originate from Croats. According to DAI Pagan Serbs originate from "Boiky" on other side of Hungary. Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos use word "Boiky". In Ukraine (beyond Hungary) live Boikos or Boykos. They are highlander people which lived mostly from animal husbandry. Experts on Slavs Franjo Rachki and Pavel Shafarik proposed idea that Serbs who settle in Balkan in 7th century originate from Boykos from Ukraine. White Croats>Boikos>Serbs;White Croats>Croats. Perhaps is true. That could explain why Croatian language and Serbian language have similarities. Nevertheless, they are different languages. However, in my research, origin of Serbs are neither Sorbs or Boikos. But Pommerians. Who are now Kashubians. Sorbs have more links with Croats and Slovenes. They words. Their mythology. And Im not talking about legend of Karbat and his Kantorka (recognzie word?). But older myths. Raven in Sorbs and raven in Croats. Kantorka was women , friend of Karbat , who sing. Karbat was Croat, Ivan Shadovich (Johannes Schadowitz) who Sorbs saw as Wizard. He was born in Zagreb and he was expirienced in battles against Ottomans. There is statue on Ivan Shadovich in Lustia. Sorbs called him „Chorwat“. Needless to say that because of that legend books were written. One German wrote it. Forget name. English translation is „The Satanic Mill“. Based on that book movie „Sorcerers Apprentice“ was taped. Interstingly enough Lengend of Karbat tells us about Karbats friend Juro. Karbat was wizard in novel. He could shapecnage in Raven. Thats why his statue is man with raven wings. Wends say Domowina as Croats. Raven was important to them. Same as in Dalmatia. In Dalmatia we have stories how village wizard or warlock or witch would shapechange into raven but also shapechange villigares and then they made war with next villagers who are also in Raven form. Also I tried to link somethin about smallpox beliefs. In 600s small pox came to Europe from India. However didnt end up well. But since DAI explicitly link Sorbs with Serbs we must respect that. Although, Im not only one who links Pommerians with Serbs. It based on linguistics. I could go on for decade, but lets post some pics since pics say 1000 words. I will post Sorbs pysanki.

• Like 1

Thats why culture is important. Tradition, customs and language. Without it you loose your ID.

Remeber this: Once ethnic group is formed it cant disappear unless is assimilated in other group. Its law in historography.

I dont think I need to encourge you that you respect your culture. Its in your blood. Croats shown that their ID will not be assimilated. Under Napoleon, Austria, in union with Magyars, under Ottomans, Venetians, Mussolini, Franks, Byzant et cetera- Once group is formed, and kept to their culture, even conquered, soon or later will rebeled and become indenpendent or get autonomy. Ofcourse if they dont choose to collapse in way societies collapses. But minority will survive nevertheless. So no matter of state, this or that, border there or here, you will be alive.

Croats preserved their culture. And didnt disapeared.

Culture is numero uno of one ethnicity. Its who you are. Your ethnos.

However, if I was Croatian mnistry of Culture I would done more! Much, much more. People in the world and Croats themselves do not realize how unique you are. You are like Basques in a sense.

One of the first thing I would do is open museum and mounement (quite big ) of MarKo Polo in Korzula. ;) I would even put Polo to look on China so that his back look on Italy. And Im dead serious about it.

Second thing would be even more radical but lets that leave for another time.

Edited by Mikolaj
  • Like 1

someone get the EU President to the frontline holding aloft the Nobel peace prize.

He can take a photograph with Obama at the next Bilderberg conference. Evidently, they use bad psychics to hand out Peace Prizes.

Peace must be sought. Active steps must be taken to achieve peace, certain political sacrifices must be made.

Maybe I don't know enough about the situation, but it seems to me that Russia is antagonizing nobody. With MH17 they were falsely accused, and that makes the event a false flag.

I say again, if Russia were doing in Mexico, Cuba or Canada or the Bahamas what NATO and the US is doing in Ukraine, we would have called a meeting of the UN Security Council. We would be sending troops and weapons to stand up to those invading our Monroe Doctrine area of influence.

You hit a home run, Babe Ruth. Your points won't be heard or seen in the official media, from the left or the right. From Fox to MSNBC, news shows won't deviate from the incomplete, misleading, one-sided, prejudiced narrative, which probably was determined at some time in the past. You won't hear a peep on auspicious business ties that would have been trumpeted by all sides when we had real investigative reporters who were determined to use their professions as journalists to enlighten citizens on their government's deeds in all parts of the world.

• Like 1