Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy! Porcelain dolls left at house.

coolguy

These dolls were left in front of homes resembling girls that live there. (Credit: Orange County, Calif. Sheriff’s Department via KTLA)

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. – Eight porcelain dolls have been left in front eight Southern California homes, resembling girls that live there.

Orange County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Jeff Hallock told KTLA that the homes are in the same housing development in San Clemente. Hallock said some of the girls attend the same elementary school and are around 10-years-old.

“Is it a prank? Is there some specific motivation?” Hallock told KTLA. “Obviously, there’s an indication by some the parents that the dolls resemble their daughters. We’re talking about children here.

“Anything that has the potential to involve children causes us some concern.”

http://pix11.com/2014/07/24/porcelain-dolls-resembling-young-girls-placed-outside-8-california-families-homes/

• Like 1

They're pretty. I own seven porcelain dolls and want more.

I don't see how they'd cause alarm, unless the children are medical 'freaks of nature' a doll or two is bound to be similar looking...

If these dolls resemble the kids then I'd say the kids must be creepy.

• Like 1

The mystery seems to have been solved -

By Thursday night, however, investigators had concluded that a female adult who lived in the community and attended church had placed them ont he porches of the girls.

Investigators have concluded that her motivation was out of goodwill and that she intended it as a kind gesture, - a news release from the department stated.

http://ktla.com/2014...families-homes/

• Like 4

I hate dolls,their eyes follow you as you walk around...........

So people were getting paranoid and hysterical (as usual) over nothing. Typical sheeple response these days.

• Like 3

Sad commentary on how our society has devolved into a state "paranoid isolationism" where even random acts of kindness are no longer appreciated or perhaps even understood.

• Like 2

Never liked dolls. Random act of kindness or not. Look what happened when a kids mother wanted to buy her son the doll he wanted but they were sold out so she needed to buy some from some dodgy guy on in an alley. That was an act of kindness as well.

Let me know if anyone gets what I am referring to.

• Like 1

So people were getting paranoid and hysterical (as usual) over nothing. Typical sheeple response these days.

Well, not knowing the origins of these dolls, it could have very well been a pedophile stalker who left them there. There's a lot of sick people out there! I can't blame the parents for being paranoid.

• Like 1

Why leave unsigned dolls on people's front door steps instead of delivering them in parcels addressed to the families as would be the normal way to give presents?

• Like 1

Seems a bit Erie and creepy! If some woman left a doll outside my home, with no explanation and it resembled my daughter, id be worried about that womans state of mind and motives! Guess thats the society we live in today.

• Like 1

It is a bit creepy that the dolls look like the girls in question, but I think the overall message was a nice gesture. Maybe a note would have been smart?

• Like 1

Sad commentary on how our society has devolved into a state "paranoid isolationism" where even random acts of kindness are no longer appreciated or perhaps even understood.

My thoughts exactly. In a world where we don't talk to our neighbors, misunderstandings are going to happen. It was probably some sweet old woman who wanted to do something nice for the kids and everybody had a kaniption ... glad it wasn't anything malicious though.

• Like 1

Dang! buble buster.

My thoughts exactly. In a world where we don't talk to our neighbors, misunderstandings are going to happen. It was probably some sweet old woman who wanted to do something nice for the kids and everybody had a kaniption ... glad it wasn't anything malicious though.

Apparently it was a just a woman, a nun I recall, who did it out of good will. I mean, if you look at any doll you might see a vague resemblance to a real kid but what really irked me was how many felt it was "disturbing" because there were no threatening notes.

So..someone leaves a pretty doll and people get all hyper because there are no threats attached to it but then they'd all get disturbed if there was.

So now I bet parents are going to demand that this woman be jailed for trying to be nice.

Sad..we as a society bemoan the loss of niceness but then when someone goes out of their way to be nice then they are looked on as being criminals.

Uh huh, yeah. The parents have now put their mind at ease. I don't believe that for a second. Dolls are creepy to begin with, I don't need them to resemble my daughter and be given by some creepy lady.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was using the dolls as some sort of anti-aging ritual to make herself young again ;)

Edited by Zero Fox FK

• 2 weeks later...

wow what a gracious act, a lovely doll as a gesture of goodwill, she obviously has all her faculties

Why do the dolls look like the girls, though? Did she make them?

I would have just thrown them in the garbage and called it a day, instead of making a big ruckus over them.

When I was somewhere around 11 or 12. I was walking home from the milk bar when an elderly lady asked me to help bring in her shopping for $5. I wanted to help her but I just couldn't get over the risks involved in doing such a thing. So I went home told my mum and she said it was good what I did but it was sad that no one can be trusted these days, no even the elderly. I agreed wit her but I wish I could have helped her with or without the cash incentive but I just couldn't risk it. Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant