Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life In Occupied Palestine

Yamato

http://youtu.be/lrOdCG7RrvE

Anna Baltzer, a Jewish American with the IWPS, documents the human rights abuses perpetrated by the Israelis.

A wonderfully moving introduction to the plight of the Palestinians, in simple, everyday terms, with a captivating narration by eyewitness Anna Baltzer. Anna Baltzer, a Jewish-American Columbia graduate and Fulbright scholar, presents her discoveries as a volunteer with the International Women's Peace Service in the West Bank, documenting human rights abuses and supporting Palestinian-led nonviolent resistance to the Occupation. Baltzer's presentation provides those interested in the Israel/ Palestine conflict with critical information and documentation that can be difficult to obtain through mainstream Western media sources, and to encourage dialog towards taking action on the issue. Topics discussed include checkpoints, settlements, Israeli activism, Zionism, 1948 War & refugees, censorship, the Wall, the ongoing annexation of Palestinian land, and the almost unbearable living conditions under the occupation. The grand-daughter of Holocaust refugees, Baltzer works to address the injustices of today in light of those of the past. She is the author of the book Witness in Palestine.

• Like 4

Everybody should take the time to watch this video,a friend sent me the link to this last year.Its rather damning to see a Jewish woman highlighting the human rights abuse that Christian Zionists attempt to defend

• Like 3

If Americans had to suffer even for three days what Gazans have suffered for seven years....I don't think any American has the intellect to truly imagine - even imagine- such a thing without their heads exploding. Including me.

And so these American enablers take the easy way out, ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2

I would respectively suggest that if Americans had to suffer for three days what Israeli's have had to suffer for Seventy years, then Gaza and the West Bank would be the 51st and 52nd States respectively, and the Palestinians would be a footnote in history.

Heres an interesting article by a Jewish peace campaigner

Israel is bombing densely populated areas. Its warnings to civilians have been inadequate and ineffective. A video shows Israel bombing a home 57 seconds after a warning was given — not enough time to escape the blast. Israel told 100,000 Palestinians to evacuate their homes at once — an impossible task in a war zone.

It gives food for thought to people convinced Israel is trying to minimise casualties

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/07/25/make-mistake-israel-targeting-citizens-gaza/13159377/

Heres an interesting article by a Jewish peace campaigner

Israel is bombing densely populated areas. Its warnings to civilians have been inadequate and ineffective. A video shows Israel bombing a home 57 seconds after a warning was given — not enough time to escape the blast. Israel told 100,000 Palestinians to evacuate their homes at once — an impossible task in a war zone.

It gives food for thought to people convinced Israel is trying to minimise casualties

http://www.courier-j...-gaza/13159377/

So Israel should allow their enemies to attempt to kill their citizens with immunity because those enemies hide among civilians? How does that seem rational to you? Do you realize that no nation on earth has EVER shown mercy to its enemies to the extent the Jewish state is expected to? You should read a bit about Coventry and what GB did to Germany in the aftermath of it. Dresden is the best example if I remember correctly. The cities of Germany were bombed into OBLIVION killing tens of thousands of civilians by BURNING them to death. So why is it Israel is expected to die as a nation rather than kill the enemies trying to kill it's children?
  • Like 1

So Israel should allow their enemies to attempt to kill their citizens with immunity because those enemies hide among civilians? How does that seem rational to you? Do you realize that no nation on earth has EVER shown mercy to its enemies to the extent the Jewish state is expected to? You should read a bit about Coventry and what GB did to Germany in the aftermath of it. Dresden is the best example if I remember correctly. The cities of Germany were bombed into OBLIVION killing tens of thousands of civilians by BURNING them to death. So why is it Israel is expected to die as a nation rather than kill the enemies trying to kill it's children?

I know all about the bombings in World War 2 but the difference is I don't think their was any pretence at not targeting civilians .Israel claims it is minimising civilian deaths in pinpoint operations which is complete rubbish unless you believe 57 secs is a reasonable warning? Where do you expect the civilians to go to avoid the carnage?

Israel has one of the best military forces in the world it is in no danger of dying from the Palestinians in Gaza,the inhabitants of Gaza however are in real danger of death through Israeli "defence" methods

I know all about the bombings in World War 2 but the difference is I don't think their was any pretence at not targeting civilians .Israel claims it is minimising civilian deaths in pinpoint operations which is complete rubbish unless you believe 57 secs is a reasonable warning? Where do you expect the civilians to go to avoid the carnage?

Israel has one of the best military forces in the world it is in no danger of dying from the Palestinians in Gaza,the inhabitants of Gaza however are in real danger of death through Israeli "defence" methods

That really isn't the fault of the country being rocketed now is it? See the above. Israel would have to surrender to Hamas to keep those civilians safe. Let the world hate them but it's an unjust hatred. If they surrender and stop before Hamas is broken no matter how many dead children are paraded in front of cameras then they might as well tell their citizens to look for new homes and lives. It's that BRUTALLY simple.

And we call ourselves Christians? If religion has anything to do with this, it's a hundred million cases of blase hypocrisy from amoral, ignorant Americans who go to church on Sundays.

This is fundamental human being 101, Zionists. If people came into my house and started stealing my front yard and my TV and my computer, I'm with Anna, I'd pick up a lamp and smash their faces in. Beyond that, I wouldn't suffer any fools who came and told me that "Lamps" aren't politically acceptable weapons.

Stop pretending to be shocked and amazed at the magnitude of your failure once you start stealing people's lives away. All of this blah-blah-blah about political groups and ethnic groups and religious groups and territorial groups and racial groups and chosen groups and exceptional groups be-damned.

• Like 4

I would respectively suggest that if Americans had to suffer for three days what Israeli's have had to suffer for Seventy years, then Gaza and the West Bank would be the 51st and 52nd States respectively, and the Palestinians would be a footnote in history.

It's not even bleeping CLOSE!

Would you rather live in Israel, or in a Palestinian "resettlement camp" in Israel, or in a Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon/Syria/Jordan?

Come on, Gardener!

What's the deathtoll now, 1400 civilians to ONE?

• Like 1

I think if the Israelis are serious about it, they should say "this is your 24 hour warning. In 24 hours, we're going to start a creeping barrage on one side of the Gaza Strip. It will advance across the entire strip. You have 24 hours to evacuate" and then in one hour "This is your 23 hour warning..." and then bomb the place flat 24 hours to the second after the first warning. If 24 hours isn't long enough, make it 36 or 48. But give warning and carry through with the threat.

I think if the Israelis are serious about it, they should say "this is your 24 hour warning. In 24 hours, we're going to start a creeping barrage on one side of the Gaza Strip. It will advance across the entire strip. You have 24 hours to evacuate" and then in one hour "This is your 23 hour warning..." and then bomb the place flat 24 hours to the second after the first warning. If 24 hours isn't long enough, make it 36 or 48. But give warning and carry through with the threat.

Advancing across the entire Gaza Strip? So, then where are they going to evacuate? Like Jon Stewart asked, are they supposed to swim for it? But he's a comedian, so you know....you'll have to come up with a real answer.

Advancing across the entire Gaza Strip? So, then where are they going to evacuate? Like Jon Stewart asked, are they supposed to swim for it? But he's a comedian, so you know....you'll have to come up with a real answer.

Palestine perhaps?

Palestine perhaps?

Why can't you understand Gaza is under siege? Do you understand what siege means? Palestine? Which direction is that, and how the hell do they get there?

Why can't you understand Gaza is under siege? Do you understand what siege means? Palestine? Which direction is that, and how the hell do they get there?

Gaza's the contested land between Israel and Palestine, which means on one side is Israel and the other Palestine.

Gaza's the contested land between Israel and Palestine, which means on one side is Israel and the other Palestine.

Map, please.

I know all about the bombings in World War 2 but the difference is I don't think their was any pretence at not targeting civilians

What you said was true at the start of the war.

This is from a British Staff paper on September 23, 1941 that laid out the purpose of bombing cities

"The ultimate aim of an attack on a town area is to break the morale of the population which occupies it. To ensure this, we must achieve two things: first, we must make the town physically uninhabitable and, secondly, we must make the people conscious of constant personal danger. The immediate aim, is therefore, twofold, namely, to produce (i) destruction and (ii) fear of death