Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas

Lucas North-justiceseeker

Wow, great news!

I'll have to refresh my memory of the precise locations of the two crime scenes, but I can already see where the arrest was made is essentially just blocks away from both.

I wonder what tip lead to Miller. I'm definitely looking forward to more info.!

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/01/13/phoenix-cold-case-arrest/21732905/

• Like 1

This is GREAT news. Looking at the pictures on the news, the bike I saw was not Angie's, hopefully it was Melanie's. If this is the guy, I want this to be a rock solid conviction. I have not spoken to Angie's mom since the incident, but I hope she feels a bit better knowing there will finally be some justice to this horrible act.

• Like 2

I'm still choked up about this morning's news. I didn't know Angie, but I worked where she did (Syntellect, a small company) when she went missing. I remember when my manager called his team into a conference room to tell us Angie's remains had been found. I met her mom in our break room a couple or few days afterwards. Broke my heart. I wish I could have contacted her through the years to tell her I and others haven't forgotten. I've searched Angie's name online many times in the past 23 years to see if any progress had been made. I heard on one of the news broadcasts today that the mothers, who live out-of-state, were called and told the news. That means both moms (Angie's and Melanie's) are still alive. I hope this case is successful and swift. I hope the murderer confesses so there won't have to be a lengthy trial, which would add to the tragedy. I hope the moms and families will find some comfort after the initial dredging up of everything. I feel for the families and have all these years. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there will be justice.

Finally!

Angela and Melanie were never forgotten over the years. Hopefully now she can rest in peace. Personally, I believe her spirit kept shaking us to continue asking questions. Credit does need to be given to the police dept. They did take note of the public s concern and tips. No matter how farfetched were investigated. Sincere condolences to the families...

Wow I'm so relieved! All the work we did paid off and we got them! I'm happy for Joseph Krakowiecki and the victims families and I hope this Brian Patrick Miller gets a big lonely cell mate real soon!

But there is one more bit of business...

So I just have to ask voiceinthewind if this was one of the warlocks he saw with the bike?

And if Krackowiecki remembers him!

Actually there is more...

1-Did this guy have specialized training in the military like the detectives said and was he either a co-worker or resident at the apartment at the time?

2-Any accomplices? What about Ronald M and Christopher B???? Where they apart of the warlock family voiceinthewind mentioned was in possession of the missing purple bike?

3-What other killing is this guy linked to? The Brandy Myers case from 1992 was mentioned in an online article might have been others(sorry I just found out two hours ago!)

4-Was this connected to the Diana Vicari dismemberment from October 1992 in Tuscon?

5-Was this guy related or friends with the FisherKing Mark Qualls?

6-Anything that I am missing.

So sorry to bombardier you with questions upon questions but this mystery is still unexplained even after arrest

Finally!

Angela and Melanie were never forgotten over the years. Hopefully now she can rest in peace. Personally, I believe her spirit kept shaking us to continue asking questions. Credit does need to be given to the police dept. They did take note of the public s concern and tips. No matter how farfetched were investigated. Sincere condolences to the families...

What are you not telling us? Where do "Ronnie and Chris" fit into this? You said Ronnie had the bike so this Bryan Patrick Miller wasn't working alone he had his warlcok family stash it! You told us you saw Ronnie with the purple bike on the east side of Woodstone Apartments, cops were called and he said it was "stolen". Who is this Ronnie? Is it the Ronald M. guy who was mentioned before on this forum or is it a different Ronnie???

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker
  • Like 1

Someone on another site just posted a picture of what Bryan Patrick Miller looked like back in the early 90s he had glasses and dreads he looked like the lead signer of Korn here it is.

post-130616-0-51119400-1421390902_thumb.

This was published in the September 1993 issue of the now defunct Phoenix Gazette. It was obtained by me through a microfiche search in 2011/2012 and shows a scetch of a "person of interest" he was described as a "person of interest"

post-130616-0-74642000-1421394835_thumb.

This was published in the September 1993 issue of the now defunct Phoenix Gazette. It was obtained by me through a microfiche search in 2011/2012 and shows a scetch of a "person of interest" he was described as a "person of interest"

This is something else I found from that I saved and printed out from the old thread before it was deleted. It's a map made by the user sandy beaches aka Joseph Krakowiecki, Angela Brossos boyfriend, which detailed her bike route. Yes she was found deceased in the park south of cactus but she never rode south of cactus. Phoenix pd said she was dumped there after being decapitated. She could of been grabbed and stuffed into a vehicle past the underpass on the north side of cactus as you can see its a big park. I've been in it it stretches all the way up to thunderbird road and is isolated. Bryan Patrick Miller and his warlock friends could have easily grabbed her here.

post-130616-0-62173700-1421394781_thumb.

• Like 1

Ok to clarify their are several persons on interests that we unearthed here on the forum over the last 3 and a half years. The old thread did get deleted because we used both names and mugshots/pictures but I wanted to give this information in a proper format. These people were suspected of being part of the warlocks group...

"Ronnie" was the man who had Brosso's purple bike in his apartment days after her murder

"Chris" and "John" were potential accomplices of "Ronnie"

All 3 of these were mentioned by Voiceinthewind another poster on the thread who apparently lived in the area at the time and said these individuals were part of a group of homosexual male friends who described themselves as "warlocks" and he said they all had ties to sunnyslope and drugs

William L. was someone I personally found online in the past couple of years who might be connected to this group. He goes by the nickname "bubby" and fits the age range.

They said the arrested the killer ... he called himself the Zombie Hunter.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/01/suspect_in_angela_brosso_murde.html

I noticed the guy writing articles from "pennlive" is very rude and biased against Phoenicians the people of this city didn't forget what happened to Angela and Melanie. Why was this such a big news story when it broke here if that was the case? This guy spent the whole article describing Angela to the audience yet the local girl Melanie barely gets a mention. They are both victims and deserve equal remembrance!

John Luciew is a poor excuse for a "journalist". He comes in to our city and puts people in Bryan Millers neighborhood down for remembering him more then murder victims from 20 years ago. Yes people remember the murders but it's highly unlikely that people in that neighborhood personally knew Angela or Melanie but that doesn't mean they don't care. The community wants justice for these girls yet it's clear reading articles from Angela's hometown newspaper that the journalists there only care about justice for Angela because they barely mention Melanie.

which girl was sexually assaulted. Miller charged. With that to

I think they both were. Melanie was redressed in a turquoise body suit that wasn't hers but its possible DNA evidence from her body was washed away in the canal waters. Angela's body was dumped in a field and her head in the canal. The DNA evidence that police took from the girls bodies was never specified. We don't know if its skin underneath fingernails while the victims fought for their lives or if its seminal fluids. It could be a piece of hair from Bryan Miller who had dreadlocks at the time. The fact that he has been charged with only 1 count of sexual assault would indicate that it could only be proven on one of the girls in the court of law. Both of these girls were young and attractive and the women Miller stabbed at Paradise Valley Mall supposedly looked like his mother so he may of had an Oedipus complex.

In regards to his accomplices I previously forwarded this info to Silent Witness in 2012 and 2013 and will again tonight. I don't think voiceinthewind would have mentioned these people having the bike unless it was true. If Ronnie wasn't involved why did he have the bike at his apartment? Its very possible he was stashing it for Bryan. There is no way this Ronnie would not have known about the beheading if he lived at Woodstone apartments at the time it was all over the news and talk of the complex. I was given the name Ronald M. by a women who claimed to know the infamous "Ronnie and Chris" voiceinthewind mentioned. I did the research and both of them have criminal history (drugs), ties to Sunnyslope, and were homosexual as the Ronnie and Chris described. Just because only one persons DNA was found does not mean that others were not involved.

At the very least this Ronnie would have knowingly stashed the missing bike of a homicide victim for his friend and that makes him an accessory after the fact. He can also be charged with obstruction of justice for knowingly hiding the bike from police and stalling a murder investigation and could also be sued by the victims families for damages. If he would have came forward in 1992 this would have been all over years ago and we would be waiting for Millers execution not his trial.

I lived in sierra vista at the time and didn't even. Know about it until he was arrested. You think he could of sold the bike to that dude or that. Guy took it because. It was left when he took her his landlady said he was living in a small house she rented to him there other family there now Melanie lived on Osbourne. How he end up with her

I'm concerned. About his daughter. Hopefully she don't turn out like him and what happen to the mom or did he kill her to I waiting. To know why he he chose those girls what was motive and why wait a year that dude lived next door to me three years ago

I want to know why and was he stalking them or knew them where he took them why nobody seen or heard anything that sick sob I hope he gets everything. That coming to him

Edited by pebzinphx33

They believe they got him ... regardless that they say it'll take months. Obviously they had good cause to arrest this guy.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2015/01/linking_bryan_patrick_miller_to_other_crimes_to_take_considerable_time.php

no they know for sure that he did it and the good cause is the stabbing he did when he was 17 then in Washington as far as others. Of course it take awhile they focused on this case first geez people.

which girl was sexually assaulted. Miller charged. With that to

Here is the answer:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/01/inside_the_22-year_hunt_for_be.html

"The snap conclusions of both police and the public that the two murders were connected was borne out by the evidence — evidence that Speliopoulos still will not discuss. Publicly, Phoenix police have said that DNA tied the two victims together, but they have offered no specifics, other than to say that Melanie Bernas was sexually assaulted."

Lucas,

In response to your questions in an earlier email, all the details have been shared with the authorities more than once. A local investigative reporter, currently working in the Chicago market, kicked up the dust on the story nationwide in 2011 and has been gaining momentum ever since. In addition, the Cold Justice team was contacted. And all were directed to this forum and the earlier one which you started for additional info.

Now that the police have made an arrest, discussing details which may or may not be accurate in this forum would only jeopardize securing a murder conviction for Miller. If more than one person involved, would Bryan Miller take the rap for the other assailants? I don't think so, Truth is stranger than fiction.

I was wondering since you're such a fierce justice-seeker would you consider starting a forum and investigating the murder of Christine Jurek found in Avondale by a body of water. The curious thing about it is that she llived in town ~ Indian School/45th St. and she was found dead in Avondale but she didn't own a car.(!?) I'm trying not to jump to conclusions= she lived in Melanie's part of town and taken elsewhere. If you remember on the past forum one of Melanie's friends said it was unlikely that she would bike that far north where she was found murdered. He said she was hit by a vehicle and the vehicle driver picked her up...do you recall those details?

in this link? Why is there blood on the cops car??? behind the cop on the left? And im suprised there taking a pic with the suspect of the murders!?

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/01/suspect_in_angela_brosso_murde.html