Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can someone please elaborate what a saw?

littlenightmare

It happens to me on and off; Sometimes when I am falling asleep spirits try to communicate with me, and they always wake me up when they do. I can tell the difference between this and a dream. I have also seen spirits whilst awake but not for a few years now. I think I inherited this from my Mother, because she also has spirits come through to her when she's in the stage between being awake and falling asleep. I have been awake the whole or most of the night when this has happened. Usually these spirits are just human spirits, but the odd one will come through that isn't. One night when this was happening and I saw a female humanoid fox hybrid type thing. It had a very evil feel to it and it took music from one of my daughter's TV shows and played it back to me, I think to try and lure me in and to try and mess with my head. I looked this up on the internet and 'Kitsunes' came up. I had never heard of these creatures before and I couldn't find anyone that has actually seen one. The funny thing is a few years earlier from this experience I had a headless canine like creature come running up to me out of an alley once when I was out walking alone in the evening down a quiet street. It greeted me as a dog would by jumping up to me and at the time it appeared to be a headless boarder collie and it had a leg missing. It was as if it were a hologram and the head and leg had somehow faded or was unable to manifest itself rather than it being decapitated ect. It disapeared into thin air when it came into contact with me. Needless to say it was totally expected and I let out a scream. I wonder if the two are related, or maybe not? I have been curious about canid type spirits ever since and I can't find anyone else who has had the type of experience I have had. Some information or even just a similar type of experience would be brilliant.

The female humanoid fox hybrid type thing could have just been me in a bad mood, Sorry,

Hardy har very funny.

I'm actually looking for real answers. I can't tell anyone in the offline world because they'll just laugh at me and I was hoping I would actually get some serious answers on here. I'm honestly fed up with being told I am imagining things and people joking about it and I have just given up sharing with people. I have seen UFOs and I had had sleep premonitions of the future and I see paranormal things on a regular basis for as long as I can remember no one believes me about anything. It's actually quite frightening and I have NO ONE in my life that I can share these things with.

Edited by littlenightmare

I'm actually looking for real answers. I can't tell anyone in the offline world because they'll just laugh at me and I was hoping I would actually get some serious answers on here. I'm honestly fed up with being told I am imagining things and people joking about it and I have just given up sharing with people. I have seen UFOs and I had had sleep premonitions of the future and I see paranormal things on a regular basis for as long as I can remember no one believes me about anything.

Yes I'm sorry, I was just having a joke. Hopefully someone can help you out.

perhaps you should visit a spiritualist church in your area and talk to them about your experience. sounds like a medium type thing.

Yeah I can usually take jokes but I am so tired of hearing them in meatspace and people not taking me seriously on this subject and people even thinking I am mentally ill and it's a bit of a sore subject -_-

No hard feelings.

• Like 1

I've heard that spirits and things are more attracted to those with some sort of psychic ability. Maybe they are spirits and maybe they are coming to you because they know you can detect and see them.

Kind of like what mediums do. Where they can connect to the spirit world and connect with the dead.

I think that the reason you see them in the time between awake and asleep is because your mind is opened and relaxed enough to let them through, but you're still partially awake so you remember the encounters.

If you are connecting on some level to the spirit world, then I'm sure some others besides human spirits would come through. I don't think you should be afraid of them, just stick with your gut. If it's telling you something is bad news, then make sure to avoid or try and block it out.

I have had some weird kind of ghost activity. Things moving in my room, one time I was even awoken by something slapping my bed near my leg. It made a solid thump, and then when I actually woke up it slapped again and I heard slight footsteps, more like skin peeling off floor, and then my door creaked open and it was gone. No idea what it was. Wasn't family members or pets. It was scary :/

I've heard that spirits and things are more attracted to those with some sort of psychic ability. Maybe they are spirits and maybe they are coming to you because they know you can detect and see them.

Kind of like what mediums do. Where they can connect to the spirit world and connect with the dead.

I think that the reason you see them in the time between awake and asleep is because your mind is opened and relaxed enough to let them through, but you're still partially awake so you remember the encounters.

If you are connecting on some level to the spirit world, then I'm sure some others besides human spirits would come through. I don't think you should be afraid of them, just stick with your gut. If it's telling you something is bad news, then make sure to avoid or try and block it out.

I have had some weird kind of ghost activity. Things moving in my room, one time I was even awoken by something slapping my bed near my leg. It made a solid thump, and then when I actually woke up it slapped again and I heard slight footsteps, more like skin peeling off floor, and then my door creaked open and it was gone. No idea what it was. Wasn't family members or pets. It was scary :/

The same thing happens to my Mother. She is an alcoholic and once when she was drunk she confessed to me that one of the many reasons she drinks all the time is to block these things out because the house I grew up in is very haunted and she even had experiences of being raped by an incubus. When I was a kid she would refuse to talk to me about the paranormal and she told me I was imagining it all. If I talk to her now if I am lucky I can get it out of her that she has seen these things but me and my Mother don't talk much and she's a very distant person and most conversations with her are pretty one sided so sadly we are not close. I don't really know anyone else that shares my experiences.

These canid type creatures are what I'm interested in finding out about. I can't really find a lot of information about them on the internet. My next step will be the deep web if I can't find anything here. I have been a bit reluctant to spend too much time on it because there are a lot of weirdos on there.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM little :st Please, read the site rules, check out some threads, and have some fun while here :)

If you are interested in kitsune, you might need to get more into some of the Asian folklores. Typically, they seem to be either foxes or human in shape, not a combination of the two. Many other cultures have various canine lore as well- like a Yeth hound is noted for being headless.

For your experiences themselves- They could very well be mundane, related to medical issues like sleep paralysis. Hate to say it, but your mothers experiences could be related to her addiction. For you, I suggest making sure everything is ok with your health, see a doctor and give them full disclosure- better safe than sorry when it comes to your health. I'm not suggesting you are crazy or anything else negative by saying this. And it can be helpful to rule out the more basic mundane causes to figure out what is going on with you.

• Like 2

Welcome to UM little :st Please, read the site rules, check out some threads, and have some fun while here :)

If you are interested in kitsune, you might need to get more into some of the Asian folklores. Typically, they seem to be either foxes or human in shape, not a combination of the two. Many other cultures have various canine lore as well- like a Yeth hound is noted for being headless.

For your experiences themselves- They could very well be mundane, related to medical issues like sleep paralysis. Hate to say it, but your mothers experiences could be related to her addiction. For you, I suggest making sure everything is ok with your health, see a doctor and give them full disclosure- better safe than sorry when it comes to your health. I'm not suggesting you are crazy or anything else negative by saying this. And it can be helpful to rule out the more basic mundane causes to figure out what is going on with you.

My Mother had these issues before she started drinking. It's also not sleep paralysis. I get SP when I am overtired so I know what it is and I know the difference. I don't have any possible health problems that could cause something like this. I have seen real things that I can't seem to explain and I was in a situation once where a friend who hadn't seen anything like it before witnessed something very strange in my Mother's house with me (we both saw an evil looking blue human face in the window of my bedroom clear as day and it looked like it was made of blue gas and it had orange hair. We both **** ourselves) so I know I'm not imagining it. I honestly think there are things watching/following me all the time. I get sleep premonitions that then go onto happen in real life and it feels like they come from an outside source rather than myself.

Yes I looked up a Yeth Hound on google images and I think that was what I saw. Like I said it had it's head missing. There was no blood or no sign of decapitation either. It's strange that it never came up when I typed in 'headless dog ghost'. Stupid Google.

Well, if you say you don't have any health problems, I assume you told your doctor about your experiences. Glad to know the doctor said you are ok :) Did he/she have any suggestions about your experiences? I'm not trying to dig into your personal information, but telling us what your doctor said about it might help rule out some questions others might ask before they ask them.

Well, if you say you don't have any health problems, I assume you told your doctor about your experiences. Glad to know the doctor said you are ok :) Did he/she have any suggestions about your experiences? I'm not trying to dig into your personal information, but telling us what your doctor said about it might help rule out some questions others might ask before they ask them.

Same old BS "you are under stress blah blah blah".

I was put on pills for it when I was a kid because I told my doctor I kept seeing 'grim reapers and shadow people in my house' but they didn't help. I have Aspergers syndrome and ADHD but I don't think that has much to do with it.

The best way I can describe the fox like thing is that it took the appearence of a werewolf but it was more fox-like than wolf-like and it also had some human features. It communicated to me that it was female and had a feminine appearence and I got the sense that it was malevolent. It was rather ugly and creepy and it put me into a feeling of shock.

It looked a bit like this but with more fox features and it was blue with yellow eyes. It was also a woman rather than a man:

Edited by Saru
Fixed link

You could be suffering from lack of sleep stress anxiety there are many things.Do you watch a lot of TV with your daughter? Kids shows nowadays are real twisted.It could be affecting you subconsciously?

Were these spirits that you saw or were they odd flesh and blood creatures?

Such a vixen......hahaha! :w00t:
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

"Kitsune" is Japanese for Fox, some believe that people have animal guardians so perhaps yours is a fox? I use to see things and dream of events that would happen in the future with small differences, I have yet to tell my family about them. The only advice I can give you is to try not to get too into it. I know someone who got way too obsessed and actually went to the police for a missing persons case. She ended up being arrested but released the next day. Good luck on your journey x

I have these sorts of things happen from time to time. The best defense is to ignore the bad ones. most animals, like the dog you saw are harmless and really are just animals- stupid and confused. You might try a cleansing or just letting it know that it is weak and you are strong generally deters them. Keep positive energy. It is a bad one, being fearful or angry just feeds it. I don't think it was a kitsune. these are folkloric kami's and are generally tricksters. Go with your gut, do you felt fear of worry? decide if you should fight or hide.

• 1 month later...

Humaniod fox figure... sounds like an Kitsune from Japanese lure.

I had the same sort of things happen to me .. i get it a lot when i am dreaming or in between like you said about your mother.. last night i kept waking up i could tell something was bothering me :unsure2: it was a woman spirit but not of this world but i wanted to ignore it .. people judge when you talk of these things that is why sometimes i feel to keep it to myself ..also once when i was trying to fall asleep something humored me and i laughed and open my eyes and i saw this half man and half lion crawling across my room his eyes was fixed on me and he was grinning i got scared and hid under the covers i was too scared to look but when i did it had gone . I was only 13 at the time and has bothered me what it was for years .

Also not all the time , i will have a recurring dream , in the dream i can float around freely but not like flying its weird and there is always a powerful presence around that i can feel also i feel i have to battle with it within the dream to get it away from the dream like iam protecting who ever is in the dream .. also the dream can be different and the presence can be a in different form but i always know its there and what i have to do !! to some this sounds crazy but i know what i mean even though its hard to explain.

Edited by aria7
  • Like 1