Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Review of Mountain Monsters

stevemagegod

So i have watched the season 2 finale and decided to write an unbiased review of the show. I realize there is already a thread discusiing the show but its 13 pages long and no one will see the post for decent replies lol. :

I find this show be very enjoyable. I have watched other Cryptid hunting shows like Fact or Faked, Destination Truth, Monsterquest, Finding Bigfoot etc., and have noticed that compared to the other shows these guys are more in it for the hunt instead of the hardcore evidence for shows like Destination Truth have presented its viewing audience. In shows like Destination Truth i have often wondered why on Earth Josh and the team have never taken any Rifles along for the ride. Some of these Cryptids live in some of the most hostile locations to modern humans and they go in with just some Thermal Cameras, Cameras, etc., No rifles or anything.

Another approach i like about the AIMS team is that try and trap the creatures. Which they usually fail at and i hope it is not a Discovery Channel producer "Running Gag". Considering how much work Wild Bill, and Willy put into making those traps. None of the past shows have never tried to do. And trapping the Cryptids will prove to Science that these creatures exist. Since after all that is one of the Skeptics main arguments to disproving why Bigfoot and cousins have never been found. Where is the body?

Since the Captured Hogzilla it has given me some credibility that they are serious about catching these creatures and are not just in it for the "views". But that also raises the question why can they catch known animals in there traps instead of the unknown?

I also watched the season 2 finale. And I thought it was the most enjoyable episode yet. I admit to getting just slightly bored with the formula the show follows in every episode: first night hunt, interview with the witness, viewing of the trail cam photos and video, etc.

The show is fake as hell, but they don't hide it. That's part of what makes it fun. They seem to be poking fun at themselves as well as other "expert" crypto hunters.

So i have watched the season 2 finale and decided to write an unbiased review of the show. I realize there is already a thread discusiing the show but its 13 pages long and no one will see the post for decent replies lol. :

I find this show be very enjoyable. I have watched other Cryptid hunting shows like Fact or Faked, Destination Truth, Monsterquest, Finding Bigfoot etc., and have noticed that compared to the other shows these guys are more in it for the hunt instead of the hardcore evidence for shows like Destination Truth have presented its viewing audience. In shows like Destination Truth i have often wondered why on Earth Josh and the team have never taken any Rifles along for the ride. Some of these Cryptids live in some of the most hostile locations to modern humans and they go in with just some Thermal Cameras, Cameras, etc., No rifles or anything.

Another approach i like about the AIMS team is that try and trap the creatures. Which they usually fail at and i hope it is not a Discovery Channel producer "Running Gag". Considering how much work Wild Bill, and Willy put into making those traps. None of the past shows have never tried to do. And trapping the Cryptids will prove to Science that these creatures exist. Since after all that is one of the Skeptics main arguments to disproving why Bigfoot and cousins have never been found. Where is the body?

Since the Captured Hogzilla it has given me some credibility that they are serious about catching these creatures and are not just in it for the "views". But that also raises the question why can they catch known animals in there traps instead of the unknown?

Ummm, you are aware that the show is completely fake and staged. The hogzilla that you refer to was nothing more than a hog placed in the trap. It wasn't even that large. I will agree that it is somewhat entertaining just for the sake of entertainment.

Mike

• Like 2

I'm half way through the Snallygaster episode and so far it's dumber then ****.

• Like 2

People watch this show? Its crap like this that hurts the credibility of the field.... whats next, playboy models investigating ghosts? oh wait.. yeah that happening too..

Yeah, I could care less about the credibility of the field, as it has never had any...but I find this show completely un watchable.

Same formula, same fakeness. Put, I'm glad someone likes it.

• Like 1

I only watched about 10 mins of I had to change the channel its bad lol

• Like 1

The poorly faked supposed photos and pitiful CGI videos gave the show away LONG ago for me. However, I do agree, it is still fun to watch...

• Like 1

I will not have a bad word said against Mountain Monsters. It is without doubt one of the most entertaining shows currently around.

The prolific use of "Son of a b!tch"

The way Buck falls over in every episode

The fun to be had trying to figure out what Wild Bill is saying

The inevitable chaos that ensues when they hear a noise while out in the woods (leading to Buck falling over)

The crazy witness's they speak with and gloriously bad CGI "evidence"

There is so much to love about this show.

• Like 2

People watch this show? Its crap like this that hurts the credibility of the field.... whats next, playboy models investigating ghosts? oh wait.. yeah that happening too..

Wait a minute! Playboy models? Now that is something I would watch.

Mike

We watch the show. It's entertaining. I am bored with the "serious" shows. The guys are fun. We count how many SOBs Trapper says in an episode. I like to imagine how the Finding BF crew would act on one of those night hunts. lol Like if Moneymaker was in the side by side when BF threw stuff and it turned over. :tsu:

• Like 1

Since every episode contains this disclaimer:

"No wildlife was hunted, trapped or harmed in any way in the making of this program."

The show is clearly not about trapping or hunting wildlife of any kind.

Plus, there is no way any actor or film crew member is going to sign on to run around the woods at night with (highly uncoordinated) people with loaded guns. So, their guns aren't even loaded.

I like dm08's assumption that the show knows what it is:

I also watched the season 2 finale. And I thought it was the most enjoyable episode yet. I admit to getting just slightly bored with the formula the show follows in every episode: first night hunt, interview with the witness, viewing of the trail cam photos and video, etc.

The show is fake as hell, but they don't hide it. That's part of what makes it fun. They seem to be poking fun at themselves as well as other "expert" crypto hunters.

bolding and color mine

I watch it on occasion because I am familiar with everywhere they go: Southeastern Ohio and northern and western West Virginia and it can be a good laugh when watched with others.

But it's pretty close to enduring nails on a chalkboard, imo.

Edited by QuiteContrary

"lol Like if Moneymaker was in the side by side when BF threw stuff and it turned over."

LET'S JUMP IN THA' SIDE-BY-SIDES AND GET TO THE TRAP! lol

The show is a satire of the real cryptid hunting shows...no more no less. it's like a train wreck though...you see what's coming yet can't turn your head.

They say that their group has been around years, but when you search for their website it shows it's created and registered about 10 states away, and nobody local to any of the areas they lay claim to being from knows who they are or what the group is.

Pure LOL.

I find Beasts of the Bayou pretty good though. Seems like a good cross since there are real scientists in 1 portion of the show and a bunch of LoL redneckers out looking for these things (yes, they do really look, and it's great).