Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drug-Resistant Superbug Increasing in South

docyabut2

both me and my daughters are experiencing these bugs and all the doctors are sayng they don't know what it is :(

Well this is a fine example of organisms evolving for all of those creationists who will argue that Noah put these new super bugs on the Ark and that nobody bothered discovering them or getting sick by them because, reasons.

• Like 1

I really hate southern accents. Hopefully these bugs can't stand cold weather..

• Like 1

both me and my daughters are experiencing these bugs and all the doctors are sayng they don't know what it is :(

they do but they wont tell you, from the article

The researchers found that almost all of the 305 CRE infections identified in the study were health care-related. Greater use of broad-spectrum antibiotics is one of the factors associated with the growing number of CRE infections. Another factor is increased transmission between long-term acute care facilities and community hospitals, according to the study authors.

it is a hospital infection pretty much what was predicted decades ago, due to very high use of antibiotics, weather it is needed or not, so "bug " adopts, now we can't kill.

Have you recently been in a hospital or other healthcare facility?

I really hate southern accents. Hopefully these bugs can't stand cold weather..

We don't have accents. Y'all that don't sound like us have accents.

• Like 5

We don't have accents. Y'all that don't sound like us have accents.

Or as my father in law used to say: 'My father came from Sweden but he never had no accent...'

• Like 3

post-101621-0-30308700-1406570161_thumb.

I generally avoid the southeast

post-101621-0-30308700-1406570161_thumb.

I generally avoid the southeast

Good to know that our propaganda is working. :clap:

Notice you didn't include a map of college football national championships. The southeast is heavily represented in those also. :yes:

you can thank the over useage of antibiotics for these resistant bugs

no over but misuse, not quite the same.

• Like 1

no over but misuse, not quite the same.

actually yes misuse is more what i'm talking about.

50% death rate with the OP infection. That is pretty bad. If it really takes off then we'll see a big pandemic go around the world fairly quickly.

50% death rate with the OP infection. That is pretty bad. If it really takes off then we'll see a big pandemic go around the world fairly quickly.

Within a few years we could come to the point that cutting your finger on paper could mean a death sentence. I wonder if meat will still be as palatable then....

Within a few years we could come to the point that cutting your finger on paper could mean a death sentence. I wonder if meat will still be as palatable then....

Hopefully we'll have voice activated paper by then, so we won't have to touch it. :tu:

Eventually there WILL be a massive virus outbreak that's going to wipe out a lot of the world's population. It's only a matter of time.

Right now we have this in some western countries and an Ebola outbreak in Africa.

The main problems are doctors giving out anti-biotics for viruses. Some Asian countries having no controls what so ever (you can buy them over the counter, so people pop them like sweets) and farmers routinely giving them to cattle as a preventative measure.

Edited by Finity