Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama wants to be impeached?

Wendigo Wangs

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/congressman-at-border-obama-begging-to-be-impeached/

Observing what he could only describe as “chaos on the border” during a midnight tour of the Rio Grande on Friday, Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, concluded, “President Obama is begging to be impeached.”

“For all I know, Obama is preparing to process five million illegal immigrant kids and teenagers into the United States,” Stockman said upon observing border operations near McAllen, Texas.

“He wants us to impeach him now,” Stockman theorized, “before the midterm election because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

So what do you think?

Would an impeachment be enough to stir up the Democrat base for the Mid-Term elections? Having Biden as President for a couple years probably won't change the Jarret Administrations trajectory or agenda very much.

• Like 1

Nothing makes me feel sympathy for a political party than if its leader under goes the same embarrassing process that caused Nixon to leave office.

No, he is just a man feed up with politics in spite of the fact that is the game he is in.

http://www.wnd.com/2...o-be-impeached/

Observing what he could only describe as “chaos on the border” during a midnight tour of the Rio Grande on Friday, Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, concluded, “President Obama is begging to be impeached.”

“For all I know, Obama is preparing to process five million illegal immigrant kids and teenagers into the United States,” Stockman said upon observing border operations near McAllen, Texas.

“He wants us to impeach him now,” Stockman theorized, “before the midterm election because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

So what do you think?

Would an impeachment be enough to stir up the Democrat base for the Mid-Term elections? Having Biden as President for a couple years probably won't change the Jarret Administrations trajectory or agenda very much.

If the Republicans attempt to impeach him at this point then the Senate will remain safely democrat. The repubs have gotten very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so it won't surprise me if they do so again.

“The only way we’re going to stop Obama from opening the border is to take away the money he needs to operate,” Stockman concluded. “What we should do is shut down the White House.”

Seriously?

Again?

• Like 5

If Obama is subjected to the impeachment process I suspect it will end the same way it did for Clinton, nothing accomplished but a lot of great political hay-making and a lot of taxpayer dollars spent for nothing. I think the Whitewater investigation of the Clintons cost the taxpayers $75 million dollars, and absolutely no charges were made. But all the politicians got their 15 minutes of fame, sound-bytes, and the opportunity to say yada-yada-yada. Politicians, all of them, the great bloviators. Unfortunately, some of them hold the power of life & death in their hands, so we can't ignore them. And in the case of Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld, apparently couldn't stop them, either, and at the time not many people wanted to, because most of us believed the lies. And yet there were no calls for impeachment. That thousands and thousands of people died for the sake of furthering political careers, that our honorable military were asked to sacrifice their lives for dishonorable reasons, makes me either want to weep or crack some heads together.

If I thought any Republican or Tea Party candidate had any more ethics or honor or morality than the average politician, I might vote for them, but I haven't identified any such person. Until then, like everyone else, my choice is the lesser to two evils, which isn't how it should be. Yet the Bush administration had its supporters, as did Nixon, they were both re-elected, as was Oba

• Like 1

If the Republicans attempt to impeach him at this point then the Senate will remain safely democrat. The repubs have gotten very good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so it won't surprise me if they do so again.

Yeah, what's up with that? That used to be our liberal gig, you could pretty much rely on us to do that on a regular basis. It's weird watching the Republicans do it, and I wish it would stop, because nothing good has come out of it, except for giving us liberals a slight edge in the elections, when the Supreme Court doesn't intervene.

Seriously?

Again?

Stuck on STOOPID...

There is zero chance of Obama being impeached. He knows it and so acts outside the constitution on a daily basis. The way to stop his Saul Alinsky authored destruction is to start smashing the support system that protects him. We'll get the senate in November despite the cheating and the IRS abuse of private citizens and hopefully we get strong people in office that will take this regime apart.

He has little support now but the media still protects him and the hard core leftists (and the media) will never stop their protection, but most Americans aren't hard core left as the left would have you believe. Impeachment is off the table no matter how much the left wants the republicans to try.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

There is zero chance of Obama being impeached. He knows it and so acts outside the constitution on a daily basis. The way to stop his Saul Alinsky authored destruction is to start smashing the support system that protects him.

Saul Alinsky?

New Rules

Saul Alinsky?

New Rules

Um yeah. Barry and Hilary both consider him a philosophical hero. Maybe you should read their books/papers before voting for them as they are very telling. Obama's presidency is right out of Rules for radicals which is why he doesn't GaS about a 39% approval rating. Bill Maher is one F'ed up guy BTW.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

but i though the was going to rip up the Constitution and declare himself Dictator for Life. getting himself Impeached seems a very devious way of going about it,

• Like 4

I now have an image of Obama living in a giant peach.. :huh:

i've always thought it rather brings to mind being pelted with slightly over-ripe fruit.

Maybe you should read their books/papers before voting for them as they are very telling.

As is your assumption of who votes for what.

• Like 2

Can't we get a young intern into the Oval Office so we can have an important reason to impeach him that the entire Republican party can agree with?

• Like 3

Seriously?

Again?

They claim it wasn't them the first time though. If it does happen, be sure to save that quote

I have always like Alinsky. He was counter-culture, championed the poor, and how could you not like someone who seriously thought about organizing a fart-in as a means of protest? He worked outside the mainstream political venue, and inspired a lot of people. Disclosure: my dad was a labor leader and union organizer, and he stole a few moves from Alinsky, organized just about every blue-collar job that wasn't organized, made sure to include minorities in the labor movement, and saw that his members made a living wage. For those of us tired of mainstream politics, Alinsky is a reasonable alternative.

• Like 1

No. Obama doesn't want to be impeached... and i'm fairly certain that isn't a strategy, being considered by the Democratic party to win the next election...

or as you say, " because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat ".

Nor do i believe that, as you say, "Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

Evidently?

Edited by lightly

The Republicans have to look like they are actually doing something. Otherwise, people will figure out they are just sitting on their hands, doing nothing, collecting their check and giving out tax money to their business cronies, so when they get voted it out they can get rewarded with big bucks for lobbying.

Impeachment at this point would be pointless. Even if Congress approved the Senate would not, it would just turn into a waste of time/money and be a fundraising jackpot for Obama. Much better to wait until after the November elections and see if conservatives can take back the Senate before going down that road any further.

Pfft, he's just trying to gin up support from his lagging base, because it is quite possible the Democrats are going to take a shellacking this November, thanks in part to Obama's policies and in part that the party in power tends to lose votes during a midterm election. Many Democrats up for election are loathe to be seen with Obama on camera, hardly a ringing endorsement of his presidency. IF the GOP really does have a case and wants to impeach Obama they MUST first win the Senate and hold the House, otherwise it is merely and exercise in futility, to bring this up before winning the Senate is very ill advised.

The Senate will go to the Republicans only if the Rep's base is motivated, and the Dem's are apathetic, and don't vote. I think there is a good chance of it happening. The general public seems to be getting fed up with the President and All the major players just acting stupid and dinking around. If the Rep's get the Senate and if Obama stays in his funk, then we could see a lot of changes coming out of Congress in 2015-16.

I've heard the rumor that Obama has a plan to get impeachment proceedings started and thus to draw political attention to the election, get people fired up. But I think it will not happen. The Republicans would be fools to try to throw gasoline on the fire. It could easily blow up in their faces. They should just let the fire burn itself down and accept the gains that they make.

Edited by DieChecker