Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amoebas eat girls Eyeballs, blinding her.

George Ford

Pretty damn nasty. But I know a girl that went blind in one eye after leaving contact lenses in for 3 weeks. They managed to save her other eye. I don'y know how it happens, the opticians clearly tell you how long to leave them in!

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/girl-left-her-contacts-6-months-and-amoebas-ate-her-eyeballs

and amoebas are not the only problem, chlamydia can also cause a few similar problems.

Ughh... I once saw a multi-episode documentary on parisites like this... Amoebas are just one of many tiny monsters that cause issiues like blindness...

She left her contacts on for 6 months. Isn't that kind of stupid? I don't have contacts, I can't get past putting something in my eye. I hate drops.

• Like 1

They managed to save her other eye. I don'y know how it happens,

oh.., i think i could hazard a guess....

I can barely keep my contacts in for the nine hours I'm at work. How on earth do you leave them in 6 months?!

• Like 2

I can barely keep my contacts in for the nine hours I'm at work. How on earth do you leave them in 6 months?!

That's what I was wondering! I use daily disposables and after about 5 hours I know they are in as they dry out a little bit. After 9-10 hours I'm having to consciously blink more and move my eyes about. 12 hours is the absolute max I can leave them in. I slept in them once when drunk and the next day they felt like they were sticking to my eyes, I really struggled to get them out and it was painful. I can only assume some people do not have normal nerves in there eyes! Plus she must have been gradually loosing her sight so I can only assume she must be mentally deficient.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with wearing glasses people. You can't get eye eating amoeba from them. That's one stupid person.

• Like 3

I glasses mainly for distance such as driving,would never use contacts.

I glasses mainly for distance such as driving,would never use contacts.

I only use contacts for the movies or outdoor events like football etc - just more convenient. 90% of the time I wear glasses, contacts do dry out the eyes and get uncomfortable after a few hours, especially in air-conditioned environments. I have no idea how she could leave them in for 6 months, she must have been going through a huge load of eye drops etc.

I guess not taking off your contacts for 6 months will do that, did she even remove them to sleep?