Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The military arm of Christianity...

Jor-el

I have been wondering lately about how the world would react if such an organization was created to protect Christians the world over....

neutral-justice-600x417.jpg

I wasn't thinking of the Knights Templar or some such thing from the middle ages, but a quick reaction force, that would deal with things I have seen lately on the internet that have lefty me disgusted and heavy of heart, that such injustice can actually occur in the world today...

Such as a Christian priest being beheaded in Syria, the abduction of over 200 schoolgirls by Boko Haram fundamentalists in Nigeria and the forced conversion and then beheading of a young Christian man in Syria among dozens of other reports that have come to my attention lately...

Seriously, if the governments can do nothing, then by default the responsibilities to do something about this are returned to the people they supposedly represent, so if such a reaction force did come to existence, what do you think would happen?

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 2

You mean the "Guerilleros de Christo Rey" don't exist? I give you that they are much less effective than the Islamic counterparts... but that is not the fault of the Islamic counterparts....

• Like 3

I would rather not have a christian specific defense force. Itd probably just end up being corrupt like the catholic church in the middel ages.

Religion+government is never a good mix.

• Like 8

I would rather not have a christian specific defense force. Itd probably just end up being corrupt like the catholic church in the middel ages.

Or as corrupt as these Islamic "do-gooders" running around in nightgowns and bathtowels all over the Orient.

• Like 3

The Salvation Army! lol

Killing and warring is kinda contrary to Christian teachings. (shame we ignore that fact at our leisure)

• Like 8

I don't think government would have anything to do with it... it would be a strictly military concern with no governmental attachments whatsoever, but they would certainly not be peacekeepers, they would put these people down with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Jor-el

So a sort of cross between the Crusades and the Inquisition? Would this Army of Christ insist that everyone they subjugate would have to convert to their particular dogma? What would their dogma be? The only branch of Christianity that seems to be particularly militaristic is the kind of Protestantism practiced by those on the American Right who at least claim to be Christian, even though it's a very Old Testament kind. Should that represent Christianity worldwide?

• Like 4

oh, i dunno Spartan- if they're both together, you haven't got as far to throw the petrol....

;-)

• Like 2

You mean the "Guerilleros de Christo Rey" don't exist? I give you that they are much less effective than the Islamic counterparts... but that is not the fault of the Islamic counterparts....

Never heard of them...

So a sort of cross between the Crusades and the Inquisition? Would this Army of Christ insist that everyone they subjugate would have to convert to their particular dogma? What would their dogma be? The only branch of Christianity that seems to be particularly militaristic is the kind of Protestantism practiced by those on the American Right who at least claim to be Christian, even though it's a very Old Testament kind. Should that represent Christianity worldwide?

Well no, I was thinking of something like the Navy Seals, go in, decree justice over people who do this type of thing and end them... permanently.

• Like 1

The only branch of Christianity that seems to be particularly militaristic is the kind of Protestantism practiced by those on the American Right who at least claim to be Christian, even though it's a very Old Testament kind.

something like the Phelps' Admiral....?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Hated_Family_in_America

• Like 2

Well no, I was thinking of something like the Navy Seals, go in, decree justice over people who do this type of thing and end them... permanently.

So in other words nothing whatsoever to do with Christ or Christianity in any way then, just some gang of gung-ho superheroes rather like the A-Team?
  • Like 9

i'm kinda warming to this- it's like the A-Team on crack!!

:-D

• Like 1

Never heard of them...

Could be because the last time they actually made the news was during the 70s in Spain. Before that they were hanging around Argentina under the name Alianza Apostólica Anticomunista (Apostolic Anticommunist Alliance).

I don't think government would have anything to do with it... it would be a strictly military concern with no governmental attachments whatsoever, but they would certainly not be peacekeepers, they would put these people down with extreme prejudice.

Soooo who would fund these people? and who would they take orders from? Or is it like a rouge unit that kills whoever they think needs to die

Edit: to add that im not trying to bash your idea I just think you may have not thought it all through

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

So in other words nothing whatsoever to do with Christ or Christianity in any way then, just some gang of gung-ho superheroes rather like the A-Team?

pipped!

goddmit!!

:-)

something like the Phelps' Admiral....?

http://en.m.wikipedi...mily_in_America

Nope... the government does its part in that rubbish, I'm talking about the abduction of over 200 Christian schoolgirls who were taken months ago and not one single thing has been done to get them back, They have been raped, they were forcibly converted to islam and they are in the process of being sold as slaves....

Jorel,

Jesus said in Matthew 5:38-39 Ye have heard that it hath been said, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Soooo who would fund these people? and who would they take orders from? Or is it like a rouge unit that kills whoever they think needs to die

That is something to consider...lets see, a Christian country with as much oil revenues as Saudi Arabia.... ?

• Like 1

Or Charles Bronsons the Vigilante... I'm tired of seeing these people do what they want with the world watching serenely from their tv screens.

Nope... the government does its part in that rubbish, I'm talking about the abduction of over 200 Christian schoolgirls who were taken months ago and not one single thing has been done to get them back, They have been raped, they were forcibly converted to islam and they are in the process of being sold as slaves....

Jor-El, we were discussing right-wing christian loonies in the states, not swivel-eyed african loonies!!

• Like 1

Jorel,

Jesus said in Matthew 5:38-39 Ye have heard that it hath been said, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

The new version: "whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, terminate with extreme prejudice".

• Like 3

Edit: to add that im not trying to bash your idea I just think you may have not thought it all through

After watching the videos I have, I doubt you would need a trial and Jury for them, they pose for the world to see, I will not post those videos or pictures here, there is enough info in the OP to do your own search if you are interested. Their orders would be by mutual agreement based on a code of honour. there would be no preemptive strikes, just payback for those that do this type of thing and glory in it and consider it good religion.

And if I had the money, I would fund them personally.

• Like 1

That is something to consider...lets see, a Christian country with as much oil revenues as Saudi Arabia.... ?

Which kind of goes right into the point I was wanting to make.

If the U.S runs it then we might as well just use the Navy Seals instead of making a religion specific group.

Which leads to the question why arent we doing anything? And that is because the world is super selective on what tragedies it cares about.

• Like 1