Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Found footage of a family being Abducted...

Here's the video -->

What are your thoughts?.. Personally I think this video has to be Fake..

Just look at all the Movie Tropes...

1st. They establish how the kid got the camera by showing him get it for Christmas.(movie Exhibition)

2nd. The family itself is too cliché. They made it a point to keep them all pretty generic so as not to have to spend too much time on us getting to know them.

3rd. The happy family is going on some kind of Holliday.(The story has them leaving the safety of their home to build tension.)

4th. The son catches something on film that looks to be a UFO, then later catches fighter jets.(foreshadowing events to come in typical horror movie fashion)

5th. The mother and father are arguing about going on a trip to build the belief that these are real people with a real life having perfectly scripted fights.

6th. The mom was suddenly Psychic("can we please get out of here? My vagina sense is tingling")

7th. The Dad was like EVERY DAD from EVERY HORROR MOVIE... EVER!. Childish with a corny sense of humor, stupid, incompetent, and(of course) completely dismissive of his Psychic wife's concerns.

8th. The father is mysteriously removed first.(Building tension as now the woman and children are vulnerable)

9th. Everything comes to a head when(in found footage fashion) all hell breaks loose in the videos finally.

That all said however. It was still a fun video to watch.. :D

• Like 2

All inside of 11 minutes too!

Way too Edited to be a video made by a kid.

Edited by DieChecker

This is just a copycat version of the movie "UFO abduction" as I posted on the "Fourth Kind" thread - made up to look like it's reak footage from one of the children playing around with his new video cam and "inadvertently" filming his family's own abduction.

For convenience, here are again the links:

The original 1989 version:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOqKmkXY9Q[/media]

The remake from 1998:

http://www.disclose....rson_Tape_1998/

• Like 2

Reminds me a lot of the Alien segment of VHS 2. Very similar. But at least you got to see the actual aliens in that one. A little creepy even.

• Like 2

They don't have UFOs in Australia.

LOL WHAT?!

Ok, so are you saying that UFOs are just never seen or reported in Australai? Because I would find that hard to believe that no one in Australai has ever seen anything in the sky that they couldn't identify, or is Australai one of those countries that calls UFOs something else?(example; what we in the USA call UFOs are called OVNIs in France)

Edited by Midyin
  • Like 1

The dad's face was perfectly framed in the car window in the night scene, almost like it was staged.

LOL WHAT?!

A joke.

• Like 1

They are clearly acting. So fake. Also modern cameras don't record the menu and battery icon. You see them on the user display but not in the actual film...

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 4

They are clearly acting. So fake. Also modern cameras don't record the menu and battery icon. You see them on the user display but not in the actual film...

I stopped watching once that popped up.

• Like 1

Here's the video -->

What are your thoughts?.. Personally I think this video has to be Fake..

Just look at all the Movie Tropes...

1st. They establish how the kid got the camera by showing him get it for Christmas.(movie Exhibition)

2nd. The family itself is too cliché. They made it a point to keep them all pretty generic so as not to have to spend too much time on us getting to know them.

3rd. The happy family is going on some kind of Holliday.(The story has them leaving the safety of their home to build tension.)

4th. The son catches something on film that looks to be a UFO, then later catches fighter jets.(foreshadowing events to come in typical horror movie fashion)

5th. The mother and father are arguing about going on a trip to build the belief that these are real people with a real life having perfectly scripted fights.

6th. The mom was suddenly Psychic("can we please get out of here? My vagina sense is tingling")

7th. The Dad was like EVERY DAD from EVERY HORROR MOVIE... EVER!. Childish with a corny sense of humor, stupid, incompetent, and(of course) completely dismissive of his Psychic wife's concerns.

8th. The father is mysteriously removed first.(Building tension as now the woman and children are vulnerable)

9th. Everything comes to a head when(in found footage fashion) all hell breaks loose in the videos finally.

That all said however. It was still a fun video to watch.. :D

This reminds me of a movie I just watched recently, plot is almost exact.

Yeah, it is definitely scripted with plenty of bad acting.

• Like 1

I don't believe this is real.

Apart from anything, no mother would venture out alone in a dark wood leaving her kids alone in a car at night. And her psychic ability vanished. The characters were not real and hardly anyone spoke to the kid filming.

• Like 1

I noticed that too!

I was immediately suspicious, but decided to ride it out.

• Like 1

The reality is this about youtube found footage videos:

1. Batteries and recording time.

Average battery that comes with a camcorder is 90minutes. You can get hard drives and SD slots now and the average storage for a built in hard drive is 3 to 5 hours (for a higher end model). I have found so many found footage out there that people would walk around and has no clear sign of carrying extra batteries or plugging to charge and yet can be low for the next 30 minutes.

2. Time to start recording?

When I use to work for a electronic retail store and i had to demo a customer. It would take an average of 5 to 10 seconds for the camcorder just to turn on, then another 3 seconds to start recording. If you have the camcorder on standby or sleep mode, it would drain the battery (granted that if the camcorder has not shut down from inactivity over 2 minutes). So the fact that we always see perfect timing on when something happening during recording brings to question. So in summary, For some one to video record something "Odd" say a UFO in the sky and they actually have the camcorder with them and ready is not believable.

3. Fitting in the plot.

I have seen home movies, I have been in a few myself. If i remember watching them, I never heard any one discuss what our plans about our trip or any thing like that. With found footage movies, I always can tell it's faked just from people saying "Wooooo, Let's get drunk at lake Winnico cabin" and some one goes "I heard it was haunted" etc.

4. The Perfect shot

Another flaw is how people get a perfect focus shot of the ship/alien/ghost/thing. Even with High Def camcorders, I would see some one shaking the cam and in the blur movement, you see a clear shot of the face.

5. Where is rest of the video?

Every time some one uploads a video, it is always edited perfectly. Quite a few times i had requested to raw, unedited version and it would get ignored or some excuse to avoid giving it. Also, What happens afterwards? So many times you see some one getting jump scared/attacked and then it ends abruptly.

6.People in the video.

I always check the user channel to see if the person in the video has done others. There was one kid who posted here to claim to found a legitimate video of a guy taking medication but is haunted by a ghost. After 2 minutes of clicking the user youtube channel, i found he was an actor and is uploading comedy skits after the ghost "got" him. It pays to do research.

7. Sound quality

This is one of my pet peeves, so many times you hear generic sound effects you would hear from various movies, shows and soundboards put in the video. It hard to explain but with the objects, size of room, the pitch of noises don't always add up. Example, In a 3 minute video, these kids were hearing foot steps, the issue was that it had no echo like the other kids.

• Like 4

I have seen home movies, I have been in a few myself.

You'll never become president now. :)

• Like 2

The reality is this about youtube found footage videos:

1. Batteries and recording time.

Average battery that comes with a camcorder is 90minutes. You can get hard drives and SD slots now and the average storage for a built in hard drive is 3 to 5 hours (for a higher end model). I have found so many found footage out there that people would walk around and has no clear sign of carrying extra batteries or plugging to charge and yet can be low for the next 30 minutes.

2. Time to start recording?

When I use to work for a electronic retail store and i had to demo a customer. It would take an average of 5 to 10 seconds for the camcorder just to turn on, then another 3 seconds to start recording. If you have the camcorder on standby or sleep mode, it would drain the battery (granted that if the camcorder has not shut down from inactivity over 2 minutes). So the fact that we always see perfect timing on when something happening during recording brings to question. So in summary, For some one to video record something "Odd" say a UFO in the sky and they actually have the camcorder with them and ready is not believable.

3. Fitting in the plot.

I have seen home movies, I have been in a few myself. If i remember watching them, I never heard any one discuss what our plans about our trip or any thing like that. With found footage movies, I always can tell it's faked just from people saying "Wooooo, Let's get drunk at lake Winnico cabin" and some one goes "I heard it was haunted" etc.

4. The Perfect shot

Another flaw is how people get a perfect focus shot of the ship/alien/ghost/thing. Even with High Def camcorders, I would see some one shaking the cam and in the blur movement, you see a clear shot of the face.

5. Where is rest of the video?

Every time some one uploads a video, it is always edited perfectly. Quite a few times i had requested to raw, unedited version and it would get ignored or some excuse to avoid giving it. Also, What happens afterwards? So many times you see some one getting jump scared/attacked and then it ends abruptly.

6.People in the video.

I always check the user channel to see if the person in the video has done others. There was one kid who posted here to claim to found a legitimate video of a guy taking medication but is haunted by a ghost. After 2 minutes of clicking the user youtube channel, i found he was an actor and is uploading comedy skits after the ghost "got" him. It pays to do research.

7. Sound quality

This is one of my pet peeves, so many times you hear generic sound effects you would hear from various movies, shows and soundboards put in the video. It hard to explain but with the objects, size of room, the pitch of noises don't always add up. Example, In a 3 minute video, these kids were hearing foot steps, the issue was that it had no echo like the other kids.

Thanks for the effort, but I don't think too many of us thought that this was a real family being abducted by real aliens.

• Like 1

Yeah, im convinced it was a fake (by all your comments), but it was a very entertaining video, very well done (in my opinion)! Almost like a short movie, im sure the movie rights will be sold on at some point!

Thanks for the effort, but I don't think too many of us thought that this was a real family being abducted by real aliens.

I was really talking about found footage in general, not just this particular one. It was more entertaining than the ones i have seen lately.

• Like 1

They don't have UFOs in Australia.

I beg your pardon Sweetpumper.....we have had many strange cases and reports made concerning UFO's here.

What made you say otherwise?

I'm just a little curious :innocent:

;)

http://weirdaustrali...uing-ufo-cases/

http://www.rense.com...l24/OZfiles.htm

http://www.onlymelbo...ne#.U9yjp2OVrEg

Edited by Astra00

Yeah, it is definitely scripted with plenty of bad acting.

I thought the acting was great........move over Brad Pitt and Angie B)
  • Like 1

I beg your pardon Sweetpumper.....we have had many strange cases and reports made concerning UFO's here.

;)

I am pretty sure SP was joking.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure SP was joking.

I know :)

;)

except they're not UNIDENTIFIED Flying Objects, we all know what they are. They're more publicity stunts by Cliveasaurus.

• Like 1

All inside of 11 minutes too!

Way too Edited to be a video made by a kid.

The question is,if everybody, camera operator included were abducted who edited the film?

• Like 2