Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the real heaven and hell.

danielost

My Mormon teachings and my observations tell me a lot of Christians have it mixed up.

There are two heavens and hells in the bible. The old testament heaven and hell are only waiting rooms until the end of time. The new testament heaven and hell are perminent housing.

The old tedtiment hell and heaven become paradise and purgatory in the new testament. Most people who have or will live will go to purgatory where you will be given one more chance to learn and accept Christ. Paradise is where those who did things right will wait for the end of times.

I call your attention to the theif who hung along side Christ. Christ told him he would be with him in Paradise that day.

The new testimony heaven is broken into three places, I think in romans. At the end of time most of us will go to heaven to one of the three levels. According to Mormon teachings very few if us will go to hell or outer darkness, so called for the complete lack of the presence of god.

My Mormon teachings and my observations tell me a lot of Christians have it mixed up.

There are two heavens and hells in the bible. The old testament heaven and hell are only waiting rooms until the end of time. The new testament heaven and hell are perminent housing.

The old tedtiment hell and heaven become paradise and purgatory in the new testament. Most people who have or will live will go to purgatory where you will be given one more chance to learn and accept Christ. Paradise is where those who did things right will wait for the end of times.

I call your attention to the theif who hung along side Christ. Christ told him he would be with him in Paradise that day.

The new testimony heaven is broken into three places, I think in romans. At the end of time most of us will go to heaven to one of the three levels. According to Mormon teachings very few if us will go to hell or outer darkness, so called for the complete lack of the presence of god.

I may be reading your post the wrong way but your statement of "Most people who have or will live will go to purgatory where you will be given one more chance to learn and accept Christ" also means that those who have known of or at least heard of "Christ" and chooses to live in shall we say, hedonistic lifestyle a 'free pass' as well? More or less...

Revelation speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth.

My assumption is that when the New Testament speaks of people going to Heaven, it is talking of the First Heaven, which is a nice waiting place.

But the second, final Heaven is the New Jerusalem, which appears and is inhabited after the Final Judgement. Where those who's name is written in the Book of Life are saved and those who are not are Punished (Thrown into the Fire, with Satan).

The Bible does speak about Hades also, which is a Greek mythic place, but probably is where the concept of Hell started. Jesus spoke about Hades and people going down there to be punished (underground?). This is also a waiting place, but for those who did wrong in life. These people will rise from the dead with everyone else on Judgement Day and be judged. If they come over to follow Jesus and Repent, I suspect many/most will go on to Heaven.

EDIT: Interesting that in the Bible (NIV) "Hades" is always capitalized and "hell" never is.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Heaven and hell are mythical places and highly unlikely to exist in reality.

Heaven and hell may be real dimensions of reality we don't get to know much of in "this life." Biblical and other resources point in certain directions with no ultimate finality, in my opinion.

Religion (belief) and greed are the main sources of war in my opinion!So where is your God/ Gods in all this? Promoters of war? Are we all playing some sort of 'wargame'? Chess on another level? Pieces die! Captured? and returned to the player? Ready for the next game? Many religions, many beliefs? But only ever one out come!

there isn't a facepalm big enough to accomodate your worldview...

• Like 1

Religion (belief) and greed are the main sources of war in my opinion!So where is your God/ Gods in all this? Promoters of war? Are we all playing some sort of 'wargame'? Chess on another level? Pieces die! Captured? and returned to the player? Ready for the next game? Many religions, many beliefs? But only ever one out come!

This post reads like a mischievous troll's monologue..

"Ready for the next game? Many religions, many beliefs? But only ever one outcome! Heheheheeee!"

bridge_troll.jpg

• Like 1

Now that's a classic.

• Like 1

Here's a crazy idea - with luck you'll probably live to be 75-80 years old. That's it. That's your life. Live it to its fullest every single day and stop worrying about streets of gold, mansions, and jeweled crowns.

• Like 2

Now that's a classic.

I believe we can all agree, everyone has it mixed up in some sort. If you are atheist, Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc., we're all messed up! But the Mormons are really @$%#! up! Nay, just kidding :w00t: or am I?

In my experience on this earth, I've never met anyone who was worried about "streets of gold, mansions, and jeweled crowns"; everyone is trying to live life to the fullest and do "the right thing".

• Like 3

I do believe hell and heaven are real and that there are many dimensions and levels of each probably. I've read many convincing.accounts and I myself experienced, what.sounded like a heavenly choir.

I myself experienced, what.sounded like a heavenly choir.

Yes.

They were singing to drown out the sounds of suffering children around the world.

People ignore the fact that hallucinations come in audible form too.

I believe we can all agree, everyone has it mixed up in some sort. If you are atheist, Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc., we're all messed up! But the Mormons are really @$%#! up! Nay, just kidding :w00t: or am I?

In my experience on this earth, I've never met anyone who was worried about "streets of gold, mansions, and jeweled crowns"; everyone is trying to live life to the fullest and do "the right thing".

Leviticus 14 is my favorite chapter in the Bible.

Yes.

They were singing to drown out the sounds of suffering children around the world.

People ignore the fact that hallucinations come in audible form too.

Maybe you should watch a couple of episodes of predation. Just because your paranode doesn't mean they're not after you.

Why is that? I'm curious as I would think you of all people could find a better, i.e., much more contradictory or controversial, chapter in the Bible (only reason I ask).

Maybe you should watch a couple of episodes of predation. Just because your paranode doesn't mean they're not after you.

You should watch this.

Why is that? I'm curious as I would think you of all people could find a better, i.e., much more contradictory or controversial, chapter in the Bible (only reason I ask).

Take a guess.Come on think like a nonbeliever.

• Like 1

What happens when we die we just go in to the void.and it ends no heaven no hell

It is very interesting. Sometimes I sit and think about these Old Testament Scriptures and wonder what they were really trying to do with these laws.

This thread needs an Old Harry's Game reference.

By the way, why is it that, on a point of belief, so many people are so dogmatic? It's an opinion, people, a belief. And using expressions like "in my opinion" makes you sound less arrogant and dictatorial.

So, in my opinion you make your own heaven or hell. The only person or entity fit to judge you is yourself. No Satan.

• Like 1

Heaven and Hell are metaphors, I think, to describe the conditions we create in this world and in our lives not just for ourselves but others as well.

Of course humanity seems to be rather hung up on this idea of eternal this or eternal that. The very concept of being controlled day in and day out by space men seems to be a great way to abdicate any responsibility we have for the conditions and situations we create for everyone.

It is very interesting. Sometimes I sit and think about these Old Testament Scriptures and wonder what they were really trying to do with these laws.

Does "people making stuff up from what little they know" cross your mind?

Does "people making stuff up from what little they know" cross your mind?

So do you think it was all about Control? The priests made up rules/laws simply to have rules/laws to enforce and thus Control?