Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is this?

fullywired

I read this on another site ,,where it was quickly answered

See if you can guess who this is:

This man was born in a Roman client state a little over 2000 yrs ago.

His public career is said to have lasted 3 years, in which time he is said to have attracted thousands of followers and created quite a stir in the ancient world.

We have no idea what he really looked like, but he’s usually portrayed as a Caucasian man with blue eyes, somewhere around 30 years old.

We have no eyewitness accounts to testify to his existence or anything that he may have accomplished in his lifetime.

He’s only mentioned by one contemporary, and then vaguely and with almost no information about him personally or his actual life here on earth.

The only other ancient accounts we have about him were written anywhere between a generation and well over a hundred years after the fact, and are contradictory on several major points.

In spite of all of this, his historicity is accepted as fact by most scholars and is generally taken for granted by most people in most places, as are the circumstances in regards to his death: execution by crucifixion, carried out by the Romans.

So, who I am I talking about?

• Like 2

Jesus Christ I have no ideal who it is..... Cant be Simon Cowell hes not that old, wish someone would crucify him though!

• Like 5

@fullywired: Jesus did not "create quite a stir" in the ancient world; the effect of his life (death and resurrection, as reported) was cumulative over many years/generations, and he had no fame in his earthly lifetime.

Other points of your post are the subject of endless discussion/quibbling in many other posts on UM.

@fullywired: Jesus did not "create quite a stir" in the ancient world; the effect of his life (death and resurrection, as reported) was cumulative over many years/generations, and he had no fame in his earthly lifetime.

Did I say that he did ????

fullywired

• Like 1

Did I say that he did ????

fullywired

Your post suggested this. It is entirely possible that my hasty identification of the individual in question as Jesus was in error. If so, disregard my quibbling post!

Edited by DeWitz
  • Like 1

as are the circumstances in regards to his death: execution by crucifixion, carried out by the Romans.

So, who I am I talking about?

This part makes me think of Spartacus?

http://en.wikipedia....partacus_(film)

On the way out of Rome, the group pass under Spartacus's cross. Varinia is able to comfort him in his dying moments by showing him his little son, who will grow up without ever having been a slave.
  • Like 5

I'll never make it to Ancient Rome Jeopardy!

http://en.wikipedia....partacus_(film)

The site on which I read the article gave Spartacus as the answer,so you are correct but the details of his death depends on who you read,some say he was killed in battle others that he was captured and crucified

fullywired,

P.S

Choose any prize on the bottom shelf :D :D :D

• Like 5

The site on which I read the article gave Spartacus as the answer,so you are correct but the details of his death depends on who you read,some say he was killed in battle others that he was captured and crucified

fullywired,

P.S

Choose any prize on the bottom shelf :D :D :D

I was just going by what happened to him in the film, he was crucified in that. The 1960 version where he was played by Kirk Douglas is an old classic and a favourite of mine.

Lol! why thank you.....I'll take the goldfish :lol:

• Like 5

Thats not fair! You never mentioned prizes in the OP. I want the 4k HD TV, please.

• Like 3

I know who he is talking about, but darn it, I think of his name.

I came in late, but my guess before reading the posts was spartacus, given that to make your point it obviously wasn't Christ, but it could have been one of many figures from that time and place. There is little to no contemporary documentation for the existence of so many roman figures

• Like 1

I came in late, but my guess before reading the posts was spartacus, given that to make your point it obviously wasn't Christ, but it could have been one of many figures from that time and place. There is little to no contemporary documentation for the existence of so many roman figures

There is NO evidence that Jesus was anything like the gospels claim the guy was!

• Like 1

Thats not fair! You never mentioned prizes in the OP. I want the 4k HD TV, please.

That prize was for a demo of walking on water

fullywired

I came in late, but my guess before reading the posts was spartacus,.

Was it a guess or did you seek divine guidance?

fullywired

Well, I guess that answers this question then. :P

StillWatersGladiator_zpsd012337b.jpg

• Like 3

This has to be the most entertaining thread I've read in a long time. You people need to put a show together and take it on the road.

• Like 2

There was another guy I was thinking of who is more on the mark than Spartacus. When I find his name I'll post it.