Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fullywired

Who is this?

235 posts in this topic

Yes I found that part of the ending a bit sad, but it was integral to the moral of the story. I thought, when seeing it, that it would make a good stage play and someone did that . One of the few movies I have ever seen where the whole interest is in the dialogue/characterisation, rather than the action. I kept thinking of these debates on UM as I watched it.

I enjoyed that as well. It was a nice change and they did it very well. I'll have to read the book now.

Nah...this is all the entertainment I need.

shooting-fish.jpg

And...we're back to where we began.Seven pages ago.

I think your point jumped ship without you,Davros.

Did you ever see a Cat's reaction after doing something foolish?

That's you time and time again.

Did you ever see a Cat's reaction after doing something foolish?

That's you time and time again.

Good one Davros!

When you do find your point,just give me a nod.

waiting.jpg

Good one Davros!

When you do find your point,just give me a nod.

Why bother? The point is over your head and under your feet to begin with.

Others on the sidelines have gotten it.

Paul was in the inner circle of these Jewish leaders.When God's will was revealed to him, he was not against it.

Galatians 1:11-17 (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Paul mentions a spirit of this world.

1 Corinthians 2:12 (KJV)

12 Now we have received , not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Even though Ephesians is considered pseudographical, many consider it having a close Pauline influence.It talks of evil spiritual rulers in a Heavenly realm that is close and interacts with Earth.

Ephesians 2:1-2 (KJV)

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 3:9-10 (KJV)

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 6:10-13 (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand .

Why bother? The point is over your head and under your feet to begin with.

Even your quippy remarks are contradictory,Davros.

Others on the sidelines have gotten it.

If by "it" you mean disinterested,I agree.

Paul was in the inner circle of these Jewish leaders.When God's will was revealed to him, he was not against it.

Galatians 1:11-17 (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Paul mentions a spirit of this world.

1 Corinthians 2:12 (KJV)

12 Now we have received , not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Even though Ephesians is considered pseudographical, many consider it having a close Pauline influence.It talks of evil spiritual rulers in a Heavenly realm that is close and interacts with Earth.

Ephesians 2:1-2 (KJV)

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 3:9-10 (KJV)

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 6:10-13 (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand .

Bible verses.Still no discussion point.

You asked a question."Who are the rulers of this age?".I answered "Jewish leaders".And gave Paul's thessalonians quote to show he believed Jews killed Jesus.

You haven't shown the quote was in error.Maybe begin there?

Even your quippy remarks are contradictory,Davros.

If by "it" you mean disinterested,I agree.

Bible verses.Still no discussion point.

You asked a question."Who are the rulers of this age?".I answered "Jewish leaders".And gave Paul's thessalonians quote to show he believed Jews killed Jesus.

You haven't shown the quote was in error.Maybe begin there?

So if Jesus walks up to the Temple.The Temple Priests ask him "Who are you and where's your unblemished sacrificial Lamb for sin atonement?".Then a pillar of fire comes down from the sky in front of the holy of holies, the iron doors unbolt themselves and swing open.Then a loud booming voice says "This is my Son whom I am well pleased!", "I the Lord your God offer up my Son as the ultimate perfect sacrifice!".

From what you are saying and if this happened so that they knew without a doubt that it's God's will?They would not do it and defy God?

Is this correct at what you are saying?

So if Jesus walks up to the Temple.The Temple Priests ask him "Who are you and where's your unblemished sacrificial Lamb for sin atonement?".Then a pillar of fire comes down from the sky in front of the holy of holies, the iron doors unbolt themselves and swing open.Then a loud booming voice says "This is my Son whom I am well pleased!", "I the Lord your God offer up my Son as the ultimate perfect sacrifice!".

From what you are saying and if this happened so that they knew without a doubt that it's God's will?They would not do it and defy God?

Is this correct at what you are saying?

This is going nowhere.You're asking the same question.

My reply:

post #134

post #138

post #153

Again:

"Paul says the Jews killed Jesus and the prophets,are not pleasing to God,are hostile to all men,and don't want the gentiles to be saved."

This is going nowhere.You're asking the same question.

My reply:

post #134

post #138

post #153

Again:

"Paul says the Jews killed Jesus and the prophets,are not pleasing to God,are hostile to all men,and don't want the gentiles to be saved."

You can clearly see that Paul is talking about two distinctive  and separate groups.

Wisdom of this world/age: Jews/Greeks/Gentiles

Princes/Rulers of this world/age: ???

1 Corinthians 1:20-25 (KJV)

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe . 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified , unto the Jews a stumblingblock , and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 (KJV)

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought : 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew : for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Once again.

Who are the "Rulers of this age"?

You can clearly see that Paul is talking about two distinctive and separate groups.

Wisdom of this world/age: Jews/Greeks/Gentiles

Princes/Rulers of this world/age: ???

1 Corinthians 1:20-25 (KJV)

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe . 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified , unto the Jews a stumblingblock , and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 (KJV)

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought : 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew : for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Once again.

Who are the "Rulers of this age"?

Wisdom of this world = earthly wisdom

Princes of this world = earthly rulers

Paul is criticizing earthly wisdom,and building up God's wisdom.

The princes of this world(earthly leaders) did not know God's wisdom(salvation to the gentiles thru Jesus' resurrection).If they had known it (God's wisdom),they would not have crucified Jesus.(and brought in a new covenant with gentiles)

If you want,we can continue in your new thread? It seems to be along the same lines as our discussion.

Wisdom of this world = earthly wisdom

Princes of this world = earthly rulers

Paul is criticizing earthly wisdom,and building up God's wisdom.

The princes of this world(earthly leaders) did not know God's wisdom(salvation to the gentiles thru Jesus' resurrection).If they had known it (God's wisdom),they would not have crucified Jesus.(and brought in a new covenant with gentiles)

If you want,we can continue in your new thread? It seems to be along the same lines as our discussion.

Paul says in Romans that the Jews will be saved, but the Rulers of this age will come to nothing.

Romans 11:25-28 (KJV)

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in . 26 And so all Israel shall be saved : as it is written , There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer , and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes : but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

1 Corinthians 2:6 (NIV)

6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

I,ll see you there.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=270932