Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are love and soul mates a spiritual thing ?

LostSouls7

Here is my question are love and soul mates a spiritual thing?

Do they even exist ?

hmm... how to prove or disprove something as subjective as this...

• Like 3

do they exist?

yes.

temporarily.

are they spiritual?

yes.

everything else is just sex.

• Like 1

Many different kinds of love, I love a good old hearty hog roast, nothing spiritual about it though.

• Like 1

I love a good old hearty hog roast, nothing spiritual about it though.

but there IS lots of pork.

swings & roundabouts....

O:-)

• Like 1

If one has a good understanding of biochemistry and evolution? Then no, so just enjoy.

Here is my question are love and soul mates a spiritual thing?

Do they even exist ?

Yes to both questions. They are intellectual properties of human self aware sapience, like hate They exist because we are able to both consciously create them; and to consciously recognise their existence, their nature, and their properties, once they are created..

Every thing is temporary, but love and soul mates can be life long. I was "hit by the thunderbolt" when I met my wife, almost 42 years ago at my 21st birthday party. I chose to love her and to marry her for life. I continue to choose to love her. She is my soul mate and my love for her as both a physical and intellectual reality is undiminished and unchanged after all that time. In the last 10 years I have not spent a 24 hour period away from her and it has been rare for us to spend time apart over 38 years of marriage Only my mother and father are loved as much, and in the same way, as I love my wife. They too have been loved by me, and have been my soul mates of a sort, since I was old enough to know them. My father died a few years back, but my mother lives on as an independent, fit and well 93 year old, and I spend time with her every week. My grandmother, in whose house we all lived when I was young, would also have fitted in this category but she has been dead for 30 years or so.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 6

Yes to both questions. They are intellectual properties of human self aware sapience, like hate They exist because we are able to both consciously create them; and to consciously recognise their existence, their nature, and their properties, once they are created..

Every thing is temporary, but love and soul mates can be life long. I was "hit by the thunderbolt" when I met my wife, almost 42 years ago at my 21st birthday party. I chose to love her and to marry her for life. I continue to choose to love her. She is my soul mate and my love for her as both a physical and intellectual reality is undiminished and unchanged after all that time. In the last 10 years I have not spent a 24 hour period away from her and it has been rare for us to spend time apart over 38 years of marriage Only my mother and father are loved as much, and in the same way, as I love my wife. They too have been loved by me, and have been my soul mates of a sort, since I was old enough to know them. My father died a few years back, but my mother lives on as an independent, fit and well 93 year old, and I spend time with her every week. My grandmother, in whose house we all lived when I was young, would also have fitted in this category but she has been dead for 30 years or so.

I have loved the same woman for thirty years and if my wife ever finds out she will kill me :whistle:

fullywired

• Like 2

I know that I can be a difficult person to be with (but only sometimes, I'm otherwise really awesome though!). Being an introvert, I've always associated with only a few people. My girlfriend was my best friend in middle school, and we started dating since on Valentine's Day, 2002. We've been through a lot together, and we have been growing up together. Still, I don't know if I completely understand the concept of love or if I entirely believe in the idea of soul mates, but I like to think that love is real and soul-mates do exist. And also, everything that we like to believe is based on our own personal experiences and our own unique perception, therefore, the answer is whatever you'd want it to be. Just saying... :)

• Like 2

Greenman's magical guide of pick up lines.

In deep time, giant hot stars formed out of gas and dust of the new born Universe. The Ancestor stars, burning hot and fast they turned simple atoms of hydrogen into complex forms of matter. When they had made all they could they gave of themselves to the Universe with fire and scattering all they had made as seeds upon the wind. The seed mixed and gave birth to matrix of life. Soul mates are beings of the same Ancestor star and are ever linked in space and time by their nova fires.

• Like 1

That's fun.

I wonder if my wife and I claim ancestry from the same super nova.

• Like 1

I have loved the same woman for thirty years and if my wife ever finds out she will kill me :whistle:

fullywired

I assume you are joking, otherwise I would have to feel very sorry for you. That is the sort of tension/stress/ complication/ worry I never have to deal with in my life.

Why would a rational being live with someone they did not love, and love someone they did not live with.

Yes one could chose this relationship and all its problems, but it is easier, simpler, and more effective, to re- choose whom you want to love.

Ps I do see the humour in the joke, but it is too often true and tragic, for me to laugh very much.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

. That is the sort of tension/stress/ complication/ worry I never have to deal with in my life.

., but it is easier, simpler, and more effective, to re- choose whom you want to love.

Well if you have never had to deal with it,your not in a position to know it is "easier, simpler, and more effective, to re- choose whom you want to love"

fullywired.

It's a human trait to talk about things one has little or no experience with, as if one is an expert, based on strength of feeling based on opinion...

Yes, believe love and soul mates are a spiritual thing and its amazing how it comes at you seemingly out of nowhere. I was happily single for many years and figured I would remain that way til I died, and I was fine with it. Then out of nowhere both love and my mate found me.

At the time my favorite baseball team was having a horrible season and so I started looking for other message boards to spend some time at. I have always enjoyed things that were paranormal in nature so I found a site that had lots of topics and members so I decided to join. After a few days I received a PM from a young lady welcoming me to the board that turned into an ongoing conversation. Through PM's and discussions on the forums we found out we had pretty everything in common. After about 2 months that lovely young lady flew 1,700 miles for a labor day weekend visit. Things could not have gone better, until she had to fly back home and we both felt like our hearts had been ripped out. We decided there was no way we would be apart again so when she got home she immediately purchased a one way plane ticket that would bring us back together at the end of September, for good! 7 years later we are more crazy about one another than ever. We don't don't argue, fight, or any of that nonsense. We just love and respect each other as individuals and yet were glued together at the hip. We literally spend all our free time together and have been for 7 happy years and counting. The love just continues to grow each day and I am beyond greaful for it.

An interestingly enough twist in all this was is the name of the message board we first met at is called Unexplained- Mysteries. :D

Edited by StRoostifer
  • Like 3

I take it you refer to 'romantic love' here.

I believe in "love", but not "true love". And I believe in "companionship, understanding, respect, affection" not "spiritual bond / soul mate / match created in heaven, etc".

Some relationships work; some don't. Just because one hasn't worked doesn't mean you can't move on and find someone better. Similarly, some relationships work for lifetime, but that doesn't mean it's because of some spiritual bond (at least I don't think so).

If one has a good understanding of biochemistry and evolution? Then no, so just enjoy.

From my understanding, evolutionary science and biochemistry actually support the concept of 'love'. If you mean monogamy, maybe no, but romantic love is as real as any other emotions we feel.

Well if you have never had to deal with it,your not in a position to know it is "easier, simpler, and more effective, to re- choose whom you want to love"

fullywired.

One doesn't have to live a particular life to observe the effects of it on others."If you cannot be with one you love, then love the one you're with"

And who said I've never had to deal with it? I met my wife to be at my 21st birth day party. I had a few years of experience with love sex and women, before that. :innocent:

My point is, that loving who you are with in your life works far better than living with one person and loving another. It IS a lot easier, simpler and more effective.

."

. I had a few years of experience with love sex and women, before that. :innocent:

And there's me thinking you were lily white

:w00t: :w00t:

fullywired

And there's me thinking you were lily white

:w00t: :w00t:

fullywired

Only since I was washed in the blood of the lamb :innocent:

As I've said before, I was an atheistic hedonist, tempered only by secular humanist ideals, until god intervened in my life aged about 22. The Bacchanalia had nothing on my later teenage years, especially during my time at university.