Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gwen Stefani Shares A Sweet Breastfeeding Pic

bubblykiss

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/gwen-stefani-breastfeeding-photo-_n_5621839.html?hpt=hp_bn17

She's a rock star -- and a proud mom, too.

Gwen Stefani posted the below photo to Instagram on Friday, showing her with her 5-month-old baby boy, Apollo Bowie Flynn. In the snapshot, the 44-year-old appears to be breastfeeding her son beside a gorgeous, mountainous landscape in Switzerland.

Apollo can be seen wrapped in a white and red-starred swaddling blanket by aden + anais. The company just teamed up with AIDS charity (RED) and a portion of the proceeds from sales of the blanket pictured in Stefani's pic (and other products) will go to fight AIDS, notes People.

Anyone else look at that photo and think it was took in 1976? I mean the washout color and ancient fashions....just screams 1970s.

• Like 1

Pure Awesome!

Imagine: using breasts for their intended purpose...

• Like 1

Great pic and good for her for promoting breastfeeding ...if that was the intention!

Did you post this because breasts are an unexplained mystery to you?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

that cow pic is hysterical

It's a nice photo although sadly not every new mum would agree with this. Some have difficulty breastfeeding as I did, yes there are problems, and other mums find it painful. They wouldn't feel like smiling happily as the celebrity mum in the photo.

Just wondering, hm what's this doing in "weird news" section?

The only reason I can guess that people would claim she is breast-feeding is because there is no one around her.

It's a nice photo although sadly not every new mum would agree with this. Some have difficulty breastfeeding as I did, yes there are problems, and other mums find it painful. They wouldn't feel like smiling happily as the celebrity mum in the photo.

Just wondering, hm what's this doing in "weird news" section?

My wife tried breastfeeding for two days with our son and it was too hurtful for her. She was disappointed for a little while.

I was also asking myself the same question. The only thing weird about breasts is how I become like a kid at a candy store (my wife's are very nice).

says who?

don't you eat in public?

what on earth is wrong with a breast?

can't handle it?

so laughing at you

Apollo Bowie Flynn? poor li'l bugger! I hope he's learned how to fight by the time he goes to school!

• Like 2

says who?

Every person with moral decency and common sense. :)

Don't you eat in public?

Do you suck your mother's teet in public?

What on earth is wrong with a breast?

Breasts are wonderful, but they don't belong in everyone's faces, let's admit.

can't handle it?

so laughing at you

It's called decency. How would you feel if your wife, or mother, or daughter did it infront of the public?

Edited by Insaniac

there is nothing indecent about a breast

nor a baby eating

this issue is entirely

in

your

head

and your

brainwashed

idea of

what

is

right

no more right

than the men of papua new guinnea, who when unable to hunt properly

will do the 'decent' thing for their tribe and go out and use a reed to cause

internal bleeding to their genitals... because they need to get the 'bad blood'

out and thus purify themselves for the hunt

what is normal to you

is normal to you

only because

someone told you to

non critical thinkers = robots programmed by mommy's books and culture's demands.

zombie man for the loss

Every person with moral decency and common sense. :)

Do you suck your mother's teet in public?

Breasts are wonderful, but they don't belong in everyone's faces, let's admit.

It's called decency. How would you feel if your wife, or mother, or daughter did it infront of the public?

People with moral decency and common sense will realise its the most natural act a mother can do, perfectly innocent and very legal in the UK, my missus whips em out in the library, tesco or even the car boot sale.

I wouldnt suck my mothers teet in public for 2 reasons, 1, im 33 and no longer a baby/infant, 2, bad back.

Breasts are superb, dirty love pillows, but they dont belong in everyones face, just the babies, but take a drive round any town and see how many are on show for every reason other than feeding a CHILD.

My missus does get the jumper udders out in public, to feed our 14 week old, I enjoy tutting at any one who stares for more than 3 seconds.

I think you may be under the impression that breast feeding women literally have there boobs FULLY exposed and a child dangling. 99% cover them selves and baby once the child latches on.

Its opinions against breast feeding that makes it difficult for new mothers to feed a child the way that god / evolution intended. Alot of difficulty in breast feeding is anxiety caused by narrow minded people who are dead against it.

I say whip em out girls and do what you can as nature intended.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1

I'm not comfortable with this pic. Not because of the general subject of breast feeding in public. Because hey, babies get hungry in public, it happens, get over it. I wouldn't care if this was at a public beach or something like that. It's the fact that she took a private moment pic, and shared it with the general public. To me, it smacks of publicity rather than anything else. Especially because the blanket the kid is wrapped in is for a sales campaign, even if it's a charitable one. Using your kids for publicity is not cool IMO.

• Like 2

People with moral decency and common sense will realise its the most natural act a mother can do, perfectly innocent and very legal in the UK, my missus whips em out in the library, tesco or even the car boot sale.

I wouldnt suck my mothers teet in public for 2 reasons, 1, im 33 and no longer a baby/infant, 2, bad back.

Breasts are superb, dirty love pillows, but they dont belong in everyones face, just the babies, but take a drive round any town and see how many are on show for every reason other than feeding a CHILD.

My missus does get the jumper udders out in public, to feed our 14 week old, I enjoy tutting at any one who stares for more than 3 seconds.

I think you may be under the impression that breast feeding women literally have there boobs FULLY exposed and a child dangling. 99% cover them selves and baby once the child latches on.

Its opinions against breast feeding that makes it difficult for new mothers to feed a child the way that god / evolution intended. Alot of difficulty in breast feeding is anxiety caused by narrow minded people who are dead against it.

I say whip em out girls and do what you can as nature intended.

If I was able to breastfeed I wouldn't of done it in public. You advocating that new mums get their tits out because it was "what nature intended" really translates as you wanting to have a look.

You make breastfeeding sound dirty. No wonder so many women feel self consious and anxiety about it.

• Like 1

I was expecting more.

Next time i see Gwen am gonna try my best to look like am dying of hunger.

Hope she doesn't give me money.

• Like 3

People with moral decency and common sense will realise its the most natural act a mother can do.

Nah. People with moral decency and common sense would humbly inform the woman to breastfeed in privacy, as it is not only an example of partial nudity but more importantly, an intimate moment between mother and child.

Perfectly innocent and very legal in the UK.

Just because imperfect Man decides something is legal doesn't necessarily make it morally right or true. And partial nudity really isn't all that innocent when you think about it. We wear clothes for a reason.

My missus whips em out in the library, tesco or even the car boot sale.

lmao Next it'll be in the street or at the park. No offence.

I travel to Tesco once every two or three weeks, go on up to the local store once every two days and travel to Town every couple of months, and don't recall once seeing a woman breastfeeding in public. What part of the UK do you live in?

My missus does does get the jumper udders out in public, to feed our 14 week old, I enjoy tutting at any one who stares for more than 3 seconds.

You should tell them to mind their own business, or better yet, ask your wife to find some place private to breastfeed.

Nope. It's partial nudity, but nudity is nudity and I don't believe it belongs in public. Keep it to yourself.

Its opinions against breast feeding that makes it difficult for new mothers to feed a child the way that god / evolution intended.

God on nudity: 1st Corinthians 12:23 - "And on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty".

I believe God lovingly, and humbly disagrees.

I don't believe in Atheistic evolution. Sorry.

Alot of difficulty in breast feeding is anxiety caused by narrow minded people who are dead against it.

Is this true? I'm not against it, I just believe it should be done in private for the two reasons explained in my first point of this post.

Whip em out girls and do what you can as nature intended.

Sounds perverted and morally degrading to me.

Take care.

Apollo Bowie Flynn? poor li'l bugger! I hope he's learned how to fight by the time he goes to school!

Tell that to his brother, Zuma Nesta Rock.