Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5,000 Israelis Protest Assault on Gaza

Yamato

please stop pretending you care about children....

This whole ME catastrophe is all about people, no matter what your stripe is.

Their business is here in the states where I live, not in Gaza. I worked for them for twenty years and yes, the three brothers work 16 hours a day, 363 days a year. Their wives, mom, dad and sometimes the kids all pitch in to help.

The family that still lives over there don't live near the border where all of the trouble is...it's as simple as that. I don't know where they plan to evacuate to. There are ways to leave Gaza, they do visit the states yearly.

I'm sorry for your loss. To go peacefully is a blessing. I'm still sort of in shock about losing Giselle. It was sudden and completely unexpected. She was my best friend for almost thirty years and was only 55 years old.

I have empathy for both the Israelis and the Palestinians. Neither side has clean hands and it's the innocent civilians who are suffering. People in the same family can't even agree who to blame this whole mess on, but they don't let it tear them apart. They just have to agree to disagree and go on with their lives. They are extremely saddened and angered by the situation, but I can tell you they don't harbor any hatred for Jews.

And we will never stop this evil unless Israel starts treating human beings like human beings and not like animals in cages. I deprive my dog of certain things in my diet, not other human beings. It's ridiculous that I even need to be saying this to another person and certainly not more than once. I deprive my dog of freedom of mobility, not other human beings.

We need to wake up and stop ignoring human nature as if this is so "special" or "exceptional", as if these human beings are somehow flawed or inherently different than any other human beings. They're not. They're humans. Exactly like you. They will react exactly like you, emotionally exactly like you. They do care for their civilians. They do care about freedom. They do care about their family. And they don't have this virulent hatred of "Jews" that is the daily soap opera around here you NEVER correct. Tell THEM about your friends in Gaza, Jesus.

They do want this siege lifted. <--Understatement of the Year Award. Some of these Zionists can't even admit that. I can show them what Palestinians feel all day long and they're blind as moonbats, shills to the man.

Of course they don't harbor any hatred for the Jews and that dashes the propaganda all over the wall for what it is. I'm sorry that you assaulted me with the same dirty tactic.

P.S. 55 isn't even old anymore.

Edited by Yamato

They are like the hippies we had during the 1970's... ignorant of the issue, speaking peace and love during Vietnam while Vietnam was being taken over by an communist party that restricts all religion, rights, and the leadership declares themselves gods. :\

Well, what's wrong with the Viet Cong doing that, Uncle Sam?

Sounds a lot like what the Israeli's do to the Palestinians, although I bet the Pals would gladly change places with the Vietnamese.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

They have had the backing and all of the justification in the world to do that and yet they haven't.

I have Arab friends from Israel, married to Arabs from Gaza, who don't see it as cut and dried as people here do...and they still have family in both places.

I don't think there are too many complications in understanding what the law is and what is expected of the UN, do you?

• Like 1

You're in California. You are subsidizing this butchery. You have a stake in this.

Israel receives more aid than Africa. And a nasty poster on this thread had the nerve to tell me I don't care about children? Pft.

Why are we subsidizing one of the richest countries in the world and just letting people die, not just in Gaza, but all over the world when we have the power to do something about it. Let's talk about what people "need". Why does Israel need so much? It's the most common of all common sense. It's the simplest thing to understand and yet we act like we're retarded and can't figure it out.

If you're going to go oppress people, you're going to p*** them off. Duh, ZIonists. Goddamn duh.

This is the realm of those who have the motivation and means to try and affect change to federal policy and international relations. The rest of it is just talk... no one aside from the few active players, here and there are doing much of anything aside from watching tv, reading the papers and talking.... again far from the smoke.

Very true to the subsidizing. No way around it and personally, no means to change it. However, I'm aware that I'm also subsidizing schools, roads, police, national and local forests, water reclamation processes... myriad of things as is the nature of any gigantic conglomerate of individuals of differing natures tying, or not, to get along. Some of them I agree with, some not at all. I vote my conscience and most of my efforts are focused locally, where I feel I have the means to affect real change.

Things of the level of international psychotic arguments between violent psychopaths are beyond my ken, aside from hopefully reasonable discussion.

I don't think there are too many complications in understanding what the law is and what is expected of the UN, do you?

That's another thing. There's nothing complicated about it; so the dishonest have to blow so much smoke into our faces to change the subject to all kinds of irrelevancy.

• Like 1

This is the realm of those who have the motivation and means to try and affect change to federal policy and international relations. The rest of it is just talk... no one aside from the few active players, here and there are doing much of anything aside from watching tv, reading the papers and talking.... again far from the smoke.

Very true to the subsidizing. No way around it and personally, no means to change it. However, I'm aware that I'm also subsidizing schools, roads, police, national and local forests, water reclamation processes... myriad of things as is the nature of any gigantic conglomerate of individuals of differing natures tying, or not, to get along. Some of them I agree with, some not at all. I vote my conscience and most of my efforts are focused locally, where I feel I have the means to affect real change.

Things of the level of international psychotic arguments between violent psychopaths are beyond my ken, aside from hopefully reasonable discussion.

So basically you think you're disabled to affect change, so you don't even bother. Well you're not. There is not "no way around it". There is a means to change it. You can impose your own sanctions with your own care and concern. All you have to do is some homework and refuse to personally subsidize this conflict anymore than it is already. You can start doing that right now. Why wait til tomorrow or Sunday? All you need is internet access to start figuring it out. Is your government representative of you, or not? Instead of throwing your hands up in surrender as if you can't do anything about it, ask questions with an open mind (reasonable), what can I do, to help?

I hear people in here say, over and over, "well, you don't care about Israeli/Palestinian people"

Hellooooooooooooooooooo. Do you care about LAWS..... HUMAN RIGHTS?????

Ask yourselves that question because in the end, if it is chaos you want, you needn't be concerned at all, because the ME has been nothing but chaos since 1946. Just hope for the status quo

• Like 1

I hear people in here say, over and over, "well, you don't care about Israeli/Palestinian people"

Hellooooooooooooooooooo. Do you care about LAWS..... HUMAN RIGHTS?????

Ask yourselves that question because in the end, if it is chaos you want, you needn't be concerned at all, because the ME has been nothing but chaos since 1946. Just hope for the status quo

They care about their own laws and their own rights. And that's as far as their care goes man.

So basically you think you're disabled to affect change, so you don't even bother. Well you're not. There is not "no way around it". There is a means to change it. You can impose your own sanctions with your own care and concern. All you have to do is some homework and refuse to personally subsidize this conflict anymore than it is already. You can start doing that right now. Why wait til tomorrow or Sunday? All you need is internet access to start figuring it out. Is your government representative of you, or not? Instead of throwing your hands up in surrender as if you can't do anything about it, ask questions with an open mind (reasonable), what can I do, to help?

Well you have a lot of motivation to jump in this realm and affect change and I applaud you, but do you have access to the means to affect this change... are you doing anything beyond talking on this forum? Aside from talking about it and voting your conscience yourself, what are you doing?

For the record, the only things I surrender to at present are:

the present moment whenever possible

playing with my son and relishing my time in nature

meditation and qi gong

really good books

great meals with people I love

great conversations, usually about the nature of mind and reality...

gosh this list is going to be long and boring for most...

I wish you well in your path. You're motivated. I hope you affect positive change on this massive international, thousands of years old conflict. For me, I keep my focus closer to home where I can affect change with more certainty and with verifiable results.

I'm sorry that you assaulted me with the same dirty tactic.

I don't know why it offends you so badly for me to tell you how actual Palestinians, who I know personally, feel. Yes, a great many of them blame Hamas. The fact you can't understand that isn't my problem.

Continue on with your UM internet crusade without me.

Well you have a lot of motivation to jump in this realm and affect change and I applaud you, but do you have access to the means to affect this change... are you doing anything beyond talking on this forum? Aside from talking about it and voting your conscience yourself, what are you doing?

For the record, the only things I surrender to at present are:

the present moment whenever possible

playing with my son and relishing my time in nature

meditation and qi gong

really good books

great meals with people I love

great conversations, usually about the nature of mind and reality...

gosh this list is going to be long and boring for most...

I wish you well in your path. You're motivated. I hope you affect positive change on this massive international, thousands of years old conflict. For me, I keep my focus closer to home where I can affect change with more certainty and with verifiable results.

Thank you and I don't accept anyone who's on the internet saying they can't do anything about it. If you cared enough to do something about it, you would. Please watch the video "Life in Occupied Palestine" and in the last five minutes of that video, you will learn a more complete picture about what you can do. But you won't do it if you don't care. Yes you can do something, the only question is whether you want to. We spend our time doing what we care about in life. If you're not teaching your kids what their rights are, they won't grow on trees for them. They aren't animal instincts. Your kids weren't born in the wrong place, the sin of 800,000 children in Gaza.

What have I done. Written emails, made phone calls, sent the State Depts. queue into the red in recent days, for the record. Did some homework about Israeli companies and take some effort in not buying from them. Talk to my families and friends. Donate to charitable organizations. Write letters to your Congressmen, to the Obama Administration, to the Israeli Lobbies, to the Israeli government.

I don't know why it offends you so badly for me to tell you how actual Palestinians, who I know personally, feel. Yes, a great many of them blame Hamas. The fact you can't understand that isn't my problem.

Continue on with your UM internet crusade without me.

It doesn't matter whether we blame Hamas or not. Just like how I treat you doesn't matter whether we blame the Obama administration or not. It doesn't offend me to hear you talk about unknown people you know. It offends me to hear you lie about my "hatred of Jews". I DEFY YOU to find where you got that stupid idea from.

Thank you and I don't accept anyone who's on the internet saying they can't do anything about it. If you cared enough to do something about it, you would. Please watch the video "Life in Occupied Palestine" and in the last five minutes of that video, you will learn a more complete picture about what you can do. But you won't do it if you don't care. Yes you can do something, the only question is whether you want to. We spend our time doing what we care about in life. If you're not teaching your kids what their rights are, they won't grow on trees for them. They aren't animal instincts. Your kids weren't born in the wrong place, the sin of 800,000 children in Gaza.

What have I done. Written emails, made phone calls, sent the State Depts. queue into the red in recent days, for the record. Did some homework about Israeli companies and take some effort in not buying from them. Talk to my families and friends. Donate to charitable organizations. Write letters to your Congressmen, to the Obama Administration, to the Israeli Lobbies, to the Israeli government.

Wow, sweet you've been busy... congratulations!

I just don't expect everyone to share my view of the world, or my desire to change it, nor do I expect them to go about it my way even if they do agree.

It's cool that you're motivated and actually act. if it's true, hard to verify but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt. At least til proven wrong. Makes life a lot more open and rewarding.

7 billion points of view though after all, just among the humans... the only likely peace in this area, based on the current conditions, which are supported by a few thousand years of ancestral revenge, is when one side or the other is gone. Sad.

Wow, sweet you've been busy... congratulations!

I just don't expect everyone to share my view of the world, or my desire to change it, nor do I expect them to go about it my way even if they do agree.

It's cool that you're motivated and actually act. if it's true, hard to verify but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt. At least til proven wrong. Makes life a lot more open and rewarding.

7 billion points of view though after all, just among the humans... the only likely peace in this area, based on the current conditions, which are supported by a few thousand years of ancestral revenge, is when one side or the other is gone. Sad.

That's what the great narrative wants you to believe. But Arabs and Jews lived in peace for hundreds of years before EUROPE boiled in blood and its Jewish Problem that we've oh so conveniently exported to the Middle East.

It offends me to hear you lie about my "hatred of Jews". I DEFY YOU to find where you got that stupid idea from.

Maybe she gets it from the same place everybody else does, from your posts. That’s all anybody has to go on. Here is just a small (miniscule) example.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265620&st=45&p=5162975entry5162975

AND

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265620&st=60&p=5170826entry5170826

Maybe she gets it from the same place everybody else does, from your posts. That's all anybody has to go on. Here is just a small (miniscule) example.

http://www.unexplain...5

AND

http://www.unexplain...6

I don't see any "Jew hatred" there at all. Explain yourself. I don't want a small example, I want an actual example. Find a statement I made that means I "hate Jews" and explain your filth already.

• Like 1

It's no secret that radical Islamist desire the complete conversion of the Middle East to Sharia law. Then, the entire world.

They openly admit this.

I don't approve of the method Israel is taking in this conflict at all, it's creating more problems.

That in no way has anything to do with hating anyone as a people.

The methods employed by Hamas are just as insidious and stupid, they are creating more problems.

This in no way makes me hate Palestinians as a whole.

Condemning and judging an entire country of people, based on the actions of a psychotic minority is projecting and immature and a clear demonstration of willful ignorance.

Inability to differentiate condemnation of action versus person is a crippling mental defect, rendering one incapable of serious, intelligent discourse and functional growth.

I don't see any "Jew hatred" there at all. Explain yourself. I don't want a small example, I want an actual example. Find a statement I made that means I "hate Jews" and explain your filth already.

Of course you don’t, It’s second nature to you or you’re in denial. And it’s just not hatred of Jews, but anybody that disagrees with you. You use “Zionist” as if it is the “N” word. Who is it that uses the adjectives “Mad dog” and “filthy” with “Zionist”, uh? Squeal all you want.

It's no secret anymore that the real objective of US foreign policy in the Middle East was a US-approved facelift involving multiple wars and invasions. Iraq didn't last the "6 months or 6 weeks or 6 days" that Donald Rumsfeld said it would, and the big plans for the other side of the planet got dashed. And because there's a religious component in some of that resistance that's not even relevant to this topic, they're not allowed to resist. Nice work, 'Murica.

Of course you don't, It's second nature to you or you're in denial. And it's just not hatred of Jews, but anybody that disagrees with you. You use "Zionist" as if it is the "N" word. Who is it that uses the adjectives "Mad dog" and "filthy" with "Zionist", uh? Squeal all you want.

Why can't you understand the fact that Zionists =/= Jews? You're a hijacker of words. You change meanings of words and hijack an entire religion, an entire identity of people thousands of years old, for your delirious real estate development program.

And it's just not hatred of Jews

You got that right Freud.

The REAL question stands... do we want Sharia law?

• Like 1

Why can't you understand the fact that Zionists =/= Jews? You're a hijacker of words. You change meanings of words and hijack an entire religion, an entire identity of people thousands of years old, for your delirious real estate development program.

The intersection of those sets contains the majority of Jews. Zionism is simply the dream or the ideal of a Jewish homeland where Jews can defend themselves and not rely on a third-party to provide security (on their terms) and prevent oppression that Jews have had to endure for thousands of years.

Don’t believe me, here are some other definitions:

Zi•on•ism

noun

noun: Zionism

1. a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.

Its general definition means the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/zionism.html

There is nothing nefarious or derogatory about this. But nothing stops you from espousing your opinion.

You got that right Freud.

Yes, I know. So you admit that you hate more than just the Jews. Way to cherry pick what was said.

The intersection of those sets contains the majority of Jews. Zionism is simply the dream or the ideal of a Jewish homeland where Jews can defend themselves and not rely on a third-party to provide security (on their terms) and prevent oppression that Jews have had to endure for thousands of years.

Don't believe me, here are some other definitions:

Zi•on•ism

noun

noun: Zionism

1. a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.

"Its general definition means the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel."

http://www.jewishvir...sm/zionism.html

There is nothing nefarious or derogatory about this. But nothing stops you from espousing your opinion.

Yes, I know. So you admit that you hate more than just the Jews. Way to cherry pick what was said.

You forgot any trace of hatred of Jews in your "evidence" there. You have nothing but empty accusations, proving you're a chronic liar Ravenhawk.

Do you forcibly separate your population into ethnic or religious groups? Does your country? So if your country doesn't practice Zionist policies, it's anti-Semitic? Do you have A CLUE what the US Constitution even is? Is the US Constitution "anti-Semitic" too? Eat your own cooking Ravenhawk. Your hypocrisy stinks so badly you're choking on it.

• Like 1