Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel To Receive More Ammunition from the US

Yamato

From the article:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has allowed Israel, waging an offensive in the Gaza Strip, to tap a local U.S. arms stockpile in the past week to resupply it with grenades and mortar rounds, a U.S. defense official said on Thursday.

Israel, however, did not cite an emergency when it made its latest request about 10 days ago, the defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"They didn't ask for it from there but we gave it to them so we could rotate our stocks," the official said.

Additional Israeli requests for U.S.-manufactured ammunition were also being processed in the United States, the official said.

http://www.newsweek.com/us-gives-israel-more-grenades-and-mortar-rounds-gaza-offensive-262221

"They hate us because we're free and prosperous"--GWB(911 excuse)

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

I am not surprised.This is the repetition of history.Remember 1971 when US was sending arms for Pakistani army and those arms were used to slaughter Bangladeshi people.

• Like 1

You know, it's easy enough to laugh and ridicule him but if you reject the truth of that statement then perhaps you can tell me how many sharia compliant countries are free? And since sharia compliance is the end goal of all these entities why is it so difficult to understand that they would hate freedom? The two are incompatible, are they not?

I hope you are NOT implying that this statement is not correct. Although this (i.e., free and prosperous) is probably not the causative, or significantly contributing, variable it's certainly a contributing factor. And implying that it doesn't play a role is naive and irresponsible.

• Like 2

So?

What are friends for?

Certainly allies support one another, and the ease with which Israel receives replenishment of its offensive capability from the U.S., I'm sure, comes as a surprise to no one. At the same time, why would any of us be surprised at the arming of Palestinians by their Islamic patrons in order to prosecute their war-making against Israel? Is one "good," and the other, "bad?" I think not. It's just--sadly--the way of the world.

• Like 1

It's also ironic that the greatest arms proliferators and the two most aggressive nations on earth are the ones with the self-assured monopoly on "peace".

• Like 2

I hope you are NOT implying that this statement is not correct. Although this (i.e., free and prosperous) is probably not the causative, or significantly contributing, variable it's certainly a contributing factor. And implying that it doesn't play a role is naive and irresponsible.

Can people be so hopelessly unable to think on their own? Good Lord, man.

You actually believe that trash?

• Like 1

Certainly allies support one another, and the ease with which Israel receives replenishment of its offensive capability from the U.S., I'm sure, comes as a surprise to no one. At the same time, why would any of us be surprised at the arming of Palestinians by their Islamic patrons in order to prosecute their war-making against Israel? Is one "good," and the other, "bad?" I think not. It's just--sadly--the way of the world.

It does not surprise me in the least, and you too, I bet.

You know what would happen if Iran got missiles into West Bank....? the headlines:

Iran Supplies Missiles to Terrorists

I can't help noticing that no one could come up with an answer for my post #4. If Sharia by it's nature is inimical to freedom for it's adherents and the goal of terrorist entities attacking the west is to install sharia compliance everywhere then why is it so difficult to imagine that the freedom they fight against is their main problem with the west?

I am not surprised.This is the repetition of history.Remember 1971 when US was sending arms for Pakistani army and those arms were used to slaughter Bangladeshi people.

We're talking about the US, they never learn from history (partly because they're rarely punished for their crimes).

Edited by PinkBanana
  • Like 2

I can't help noticing that no one could come up with an answer for my post #4. If Sharia by it's nature is inimical to freedom for it's adherents and the goal of terrorist entities attacking the west is to install sharia compliance everywhere then why is it so difficult to imagine that the freedom they fight against is their main problem with the west?

"And Then", as I have known you in here, you are *otherwise* a decent guy.

catch a clue

We're allies with Canada too among other nations. We don't just send billions of dollars of US taxpayer money to Canada every year because we're good buds. Canada has security concerns. They'd like to have hundreds of millions of dollars more each month to spend on their problems. Freezing temperatures for one thing.

But I know, the problem of the month to solve by launching missiles at is still brown people half the world away. That we've pressed Play and then continued to play the tape for as long as we have is what still surprises me. Unfortunately there's a lot of money flying around out there making this stupidity stick.

• Like 1

Can people be so hopelessly unable to think on their own? Good Lord, man.

You actually believe that trash?

Well, believe what trash? Unless you are that person, how do you truly know the genesis of any feeling? I believe I am thinking on my own when I write that two variables that might ignite hatred is: (1) the fact that we are free to choose (with some limits) our course of action in life and (2) relative to the rest of the world even our poorest of citizen is quite wealthy. Yes, I would believe (in my opinion) those two items would stir up envy, which leads to hatred, which leads to violence. I'm pretty sure that to imply that I cannot think on my own merely because I disagree with you is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Well, believe what trash? Unless you are that person, how do you truly know the genesis of any feeling? I believe I am thinking on my own when I write that two variables that might ignite hatred is: (1) the fact that we are free to choose (with some limits) our course of action in life and (2) relative to the rest of the world even our poorest of citizen is quite wealthy. Yes, I would believe (in my opinion) those two items would stir up envy, which leads to hatred, which leads to violence. I'm pretty sure that to imply that I cannot think on my own merely because I disagree with you is ridiculous.

So basically, it's just wealth envy and hating us for our freedom?

Out of sheer curiosity, I see what Israel gets out of the relationship. What does the USA get?

The USA gets relations with the strongest and the most stable country in the Middle East.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 2

So, you think they are more worried about getting freedoms like in the US than they are trying to duck US made bombs, jets, helos, tanks etc etc...? How come the peoples in the ME weren't "jealous of our freedoms" in 1966?

look at life realistically. what matter most to you in life is what is trying to kill you. *That* has your undivided attention

How come our own allies are making condemning statements of the US? This woman, Daly, for example, and others in the Irish congress accused Obama of war crimes.

Is this Irish politician so jealous of the States that she and her colleagues leash out at the leader and accushim of war crimes? Everyone is pointing the finger at the US with anger, and all for the same reason. We give the butcher boys if Tel Aviv BOMBS, lots and lots of bombs

Everyone in the world knows what is going on, *except* gullible yanks that listen to self-serving, feel-good propaganda, designed to take American citizen heat off of what Israel is doing with American armament.

They all hate us for giving money and bombs to Israel and by controlling many ME nations into being Israel tolerant with big bribes to leading politicians

book it

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

I was just wondering if the reasons for having hate for the USA could be that we get into bed with everyone on the planet whenever it suits us to do so ...that we oppress and tell lies to sell our weapons of destruction and to get our greedy little paws on natural resources ...And as for being FREE really? are we free really I think we are as free as we are allowed to be ..and this is changing everyday ..wait till the wrong politician is offended by you and then you will be an enemy of the state ..a domestic terrorist even

• Like 2

If anyone thinks the reason why the US is hated around the globe is something *other* than, because the US arms Israel, then please look at these vids as Clare Daly and other Irish politicians condemn Obama andcall him a war criminal.

Then tell me WHY the Irish, our ally is so angry at the US.

[media=]

Americans are absolute suckers for propaganda, they can't see it with a microscope.

• Like 1

I'm slowly starting to think my country is dumber than average in the world. We've got a supernatural sized central bank, and money everywhere, and I think the only one true power America has left is the blind faith people have in the value of their Federal Reserve Promissory Notes. Once the world turns on the US dollar in favor of better reserve alternatives, our power is going to shrivel up like a cancer. In 25 years we'll be a mere shadow of ourselves. We're sacrificing our own country to propagate our favorite evil nightmare, thousands of miles of sea and ocean away, and it makes me sick.

• Like 2

So basically, it's just wealth envy and hating us for our freedom?

You are the one who is putting a limit on the variables. I believe, and let me check... ah yes I said "that two variables that MIGHT ignite..."; I also mentioned in an early statement that these would not be the ultimate factors, but contributing factors. And yes, the more I think about it I come to the same conclusion: ME countries hate us because the U.S. wants to impose and support Western ideological policies, i.e., democracy, capitalism, and freedom. The freedom and wealth we, as Americans, have. I was also making statements, not implicating whether I adhere to the same ideological principles as Obuma and his POS administration.