Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Group films ghostly figure on a staircase

UM-Bot

A paranormal investigation group has captured a strange figure appearing in Chester's Stanley Palace.

Sefton Paranormal Investigations had been investigating the 16th century building at the end of last month when, upon reviewing their footage, they noticed a strange figure seemingly appear out of nowhere on a staircase behind two members of their team.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/270115/group-films-ghostly-figure-on-a-staircase

my POS fone won't display video links, so would someone pleeeaaaseee hurry up & watch the clip so i can find out what the hell's going on!!

Edited by shrooma

Doesn't look like much to me, but a bunch of lights floating around. And, I'm gullible. :)

A video recording off a monitor is not something that is credible.

• Like 3

Just looks like a bunch of dust flying around to me. I don't even think it's on the stairs. It looks like it's pretty close to the camera.

• Like 2

No way. I thought ghosts only came out late at night (in whatever particular time zone they're residing in)? It's only 8:45pm when this video was shot (according to time stamp). I just can't believe it.

And yet another paranormal video of nothing in particular.

• Like 2

my POS fone won't display video links, so would someone pleeeaaaseee hurry up & watch the clip so i can find out what the hell's going on!!

Low quality, low-light video that, as rafterman said, is filmed off a monitor and I also agree that it isn't on the stairs, it is another "dust-orb" blooming close to the camera.

• Like 2

Where a man died? Considering all of the the people who have ever lived everywhere in the world, it would be difficult to find a place where someone had not died. The video is pretty crappy and there is a lot of dust in the air. Those artifacts near the stairs are not terribly conclusive.

• Like 4

The really amusing thing about all these ghost and UFO videos and pictures is that they are all in bad quality. Just imagine if someone had an average smartphone that can record at 1080p or even 720p then all the mystery would be solved immediately.

• Like 2

LOOK HERE -------------------- > > > > >

• Like 1

Where a man died? Considering all of the the people who have ever lived everywhere in the world, it would be difficult to find a place where someone had not died. The video is pretty crappy and there is a lot of dust in the air. Those artifacts near the stairs are not terribly conclusive.

You'd think they could come up with the usual stories about jilted lovers committing suicide, kids who died of the plague, a place where people were executed, etc. I'm sure in a building that old you wouldn't have to go far to find some sort of melodrama you could try and link your ghost video to.

"Where a man died" is pretty damn lame.

• Like 2

By going to the big screen on my computer I can see what they are talking about . If faked it's not to bad . ( My opinion , cell phone screens just don't cut it . )

• Like 1

By going to the big screen on my computer I can see what they are talking about . If faked it's not to bad . ( My opinion , cell phone screens just don't cut it . )

Same here. But I didn't see one figure but actually 3 shapes appearing. One fades away around 16 sec (left side) then the more prevalent in the middle and the 3rd on the right side slowly disappear around 21 sec. This is going on just behind the rail, in the middle of the stair.

The things that come in mind as a likely 'rational explanation' is either an effect of pareidolia (though if dusts it is it behave very unusually and it pop out of nowhere) or fakery. Very Interesting footage.

Edited by sam_comm

The things that come in mind as a likely 'rational explanation' is either an effect of pareidolia (though if dusts it is it behave very unusually and it pop out of nowhere) or fakery. Very Interesting footage.

If the camera used is one of those active illumination night vision cameras, then that's easily explained.

Those cameras light up the scene with infrared light invisible to the human eye but detectable by the camera so you can film in the dark without actually lighting the area. As in regular orb photos, dust and other particles in the area near the camera lens appear both as out of focus circles because they're out of the camera's depth of focus and also brightly lit up because it's near the IR light on the camera.

As a result of that dust particles floating through the area will quickly drift in and out of the region where they're both lit up and out of focus ("pop out of nowhere" as you put it) so will appear to suddenly grow in size and brightness and disappear the same way when they're simply going from tiny dim in-focus objects to bright lit out-of-focus orbs (and vice versa).

Also, as Brian already said, it's ridiculous to produce video footage of a screen showing video footage as evidence.

• Like 3

Am I supposed to see something?? Cause I don't see ****.

• Like 1

That is real stretch to call it a "figure"

• Like 1

Given that roughly 105 billion have expired on our planet you'd be hard pressed to find a spot where someone hadn't died.

According to spiritualists the ghostly population should outnumber the living 100 to 1.

• Like 3

I'm not impressed. The arrow is not necessary because most of the light activity occured away from the stairs. Only later at the end of the video did a single light appear sliding down the bannister but the dancing orbs in the room was more impressive. The video cut off suddenly there.

• Like 1

LOOK HERE -------------------- > > > > >

Oh my god it's a.....oh wait it's a bit of dust on my phone.

;)

Edited by Kasha

Ok, granted, for me, video footage is probably not 100 percent trustworthy, cause I don't know if anyone has done anything to it, and yeah, it's not as sharp. Of course, I can't tell, if nothing was done to it, and it is what it is. Much, that I have a hobby of photography, classes, devices and the like, I know somewhat can be done with it and what I'm seeing, there is always more to it. but with anything, there will always be more to do or not.

I'm not going apebleep over it. But.......I like it. This one is given me a bit of the creepy feeling every time I watch it. make me wonder if it can be cleaned up a bit. Yeah, I see all the other orbs flying around a bit, but wouldn't old houses be that dusty?