Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel and Hamas agree humanitarian truce

Still Waters

Yessir you did...and I was acknowledging it when I said they "DID"... I can't imagine the hell the poor guy must be going through. Nearly 50 Palestinians died within a few hours of this little prank though. The war seems to be entering a new phase.

Nice!

What I said was, "it won't take log for the Hebes to blame the Hamas for breaking the accord"

Someday, you will learn, I hope, they are "Shapeshifters"

So Congress is like Zombies, once they bite you, there is no known cure?

Wow!!

uhhhhh,,,, ya

The current turmoil in Israel/Gaza (and elsewhere in greater Arabia) is nothing new - but the result of a fear, intolerance and a stupidity mindset by those involved - and which has been around for decades.

As has been proven by the past Russian/American/Israeli/Hamas etc. etc. actions, military activities alone have never ever solved anything.

What is urgently needed is a new political/religious mindset of more tolerant/enlightened ideas.

All sides must jump off their pointless re-writing ancient/recent history and the current blame/revenge merry-go-round wheel.

If there is ever going to be a lasting permanent peace, then all sides must accept today's realities, and that ALL people have a right to live - and of not being bombed out of existence - or of being driven into the sea!

Welcome in.

you refer to, of course, the role that the UN should play

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Welcome in.

you refer to, of course, the role that the UN should play

No, I refer to ALL involved in the Past and Current Israel/Gaza Mess, NOT only one organisation or nation.

ONE (like the UN) can do nothing, when others have different ideas or frozen attitudes towards a good plan.

ALL must take part in a solution.

Every now and then a Reagan comes along and bites the congressman first.

...and withdraws from the Middle East after the USMC barracks is bombed killing hundreds of Marines.

• Like 1

So Congress is like Zombies, once they bite you, there is no known cure?

They found a cure in "WORLD WAR Z" :w00t:

Edited by jeem

All of a sudden, you and I agree!!

That's nice, third_eye

Best cartoon I've seen all year! Thank you brother.

most welcome ... :)

...and withdraws from the Middle East after the USMC barracks is bombed killing hundreds of Marines.

and invades Granada instead. That was a totally wacky turn of events. Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Historically Hamas has never honored a truce. Even when they did stop attacking under the guise of a cease fire,and then requested cement and steel to build schools and hospitals, they turned around and used the time and materials to build tunnels , launch sites and restock missile's then went right back to attacking Israel.

• Like 2

Historically Hamas has never honored a truce. Even when they did stop attacking under the guise of a cease fire,and then requested cement and steel to build schools and hospitals, they turned around and used the time and materials to build tunnels , launch sites and restock missile's then went right back to attacking Israel.

And they make it very clear to anyone who will listen that this is precisely what they intend to continue doing. A huge uproar over Moshe Feiglin's "concentrating them in tent cities"(concentration camps), but no one reads the rest of his solution. He wants to "generously" PAY them to disperse to other countries. He wants to clear the ground of civilians so that Israel can finally end Hamas without killing innocent civilians. The problem is that those "innocent" civilians ARE Hamas. Some of them would probably love to take the $ and run but as soon as they were open about it they'd get a motorcycle neck party through the streets as a traitor.
  • Like 2

If I could, I would dedicate my time being the president of the United States, not because I want power but because I want to solve the problems our country has. The government wouldn't even have to pay me, I just want to see my country grow and prosper. I would be on the front lines, search for the root of the problem and fix it to the best of my ability. But sadly people like me don't get elected, people who want power and gets campaign contribution from self-interest groups win.

This is very true and the very sad part is that I actually voted for Obama the first election.

Hope and change and all we've gotten is lies and very bad change.

I didn't like Bush going into Iraq, so didn't like Bush, but now look. We've destroyed Iraq. Hussein may have been a nutcase but he knew how to keep out terrorism.

And the China shop rule, evidently does not apply because we broke it and apparently, Obama is not going to fix it.

The world has gone nuts and the US is being destroyed from within.

and invades Granada instead. That was a totally wacky turn of events.

Those weren't the same events to turn. But at least the wacky was in the right hemisphere.

When they do stop "attacking", Israel keeps attacking. So why should they stop "attacking" at all? The occupation continues. The siege continues. Nobody denies this is war, most people ignore this is some kind of Alice in Wonderland war where weapons and tunnels are prohibited. It must be nice defending a military superpower against a population of children that you imply or presume can't have weapons to defend themselves. What part of inalienable can't you understand from Pensacola?

• Like 2

When they do stop "attacking", Israel keeps attacking. So why should they stop "attacking" at all? The occupation continues. The siege continues. Nobody denies this is war, most people ignore this is some kind of Alice in Wonderland war where weapons and tunnels are prohibited. It must be nice defending a military superpower against a population of children that you imply or presume can't have weapons to defend themselves. What part of inalienable can't you understand from Pensacola?

Israel keeps attacking, where you hear that MSNBC. Israel has agreed to multiple peace plans over many years, plans that have never been excepted by its enemies.

A population of children, really, don't you mean a population of innocent shields wielded by a genocidal terrorist organization bent on nothing less than the complete and total destruction of Israel and her people. Smoke another one and go back to watching CNN.

• Like 1

Israel keeps attacking, where you hear that MSNBC. Israel has agreed to multiple peace plans over many years, plans that have never been excepted by its enemies.

A population of children, really, don't you mean a population of innocent shields wielded by a genocidal terrorist organization bent on nothing less than the complete and total destruction of Israel and her people. Smoke another one and go back to watching CNN.

Don't play partisan politics with me. Both parties sing from the exact same hymnbook on Israel. Need some evidence for that, as if you don't even know? What do you think the start of this conflict is? Where do you get your information? Where do you get your liberty? Where do you get your gun rights? Where do you get your freedom at, huh? What do you really think about the separation of church and state? Have you ever read the Constitution before once in your life?

• Like 1

Yamato, I've read your last post over and over and have to assume that I've pushed a button. So instead of answering your barrage of seemingly off topic questions, I have a question for you.

Why haven't you responded to my claim that your "population of children" are in fact a population of innocent human shields being used to further the agenda of a terrorist organization, primarily through American and foreign liberal news agencys of which it seems,you hold in such high regard.

As for the constitution, I have a cool aged copy of it hanging on the wall in my home office. I'm particularly fond of the the first few amendments, which of course you know as the Bill of Rights. And it is in fact,the first amendment that allows you the right to express your views and opinions without restriction by congress or the federal government. And I respect your right to do so, regardless of the fact I disagree with your leftist liberal views. So, stand your ground and post on, as will I.

• Like 1

Yamato, I've read your last post over and over and have to assume that I've pushed a button. So instead of answering your barrage of seemingly off topic questions, I have a question for you.

Freedom isn't off topic buddy. If you're talking to me about this, that is the topic. And if you think the hymnbook on Israel is limited only to MSNBC, you don't know what you're talking about. I will conclude you know nothing about the US media dangling this kind of implication. You pushed a Stupid button because there is no partisan skirt for you to go hide behind on this issue.

Why haven't you responded to my claim that your "population of children" are in fact a population of innocent human shields being used to further the agenda of a terrorist organization, primarily through American and foreign liberal news agencys of which it seems,you hold in such high regard.

There's nothing foreign or liberal about this. You look like the uber liberal in the room standing next to the likes of me, bud. My claim that there are 800,000 children is being disputed? I can verify that. You're the one making them into human shields. You and Hamas are looking enjoined at the hip here. They're children. They're not human shields to me; I don't drink your wannabe partisan kool aid. I see only evidence that you're doing it. I don't see the evidence they're doing it. I just hear a lot of BS from Israel and then I cite 10 articles where Israel does "Human Shields" too. So what am I supposed to deduce from your logic here? That I eat this cherry you picked and only pretend to care about it when one side does it? Is that how we determine right from wrong here? Is that how to determine policy?

As for the constitution, I have a cool aged copy of it hanging on the wall in my home office. I'm particularly fond of the the first few amendments, which of course you know as the Bill of Rights. And it is in fact,the first amendment that allows you the right to express your views and opinions without restriction by congress or the federal government. And I respect your right to do so, regardless of the fact I disagree with your leftist liberal views. So, stand your ground and post on, as will I.

Listen up pal, my rights are established here, you don't have to make anymore comments about the Constitution again where my rights are concerned, thank you very much. How asinine that someone who supposedly defends the Constitution not only fails to adhere to the principle in every way imaginable on this issue, but you make this supposition for yourself as a pretext for questioning my rights.

• Like 1

Hamas breaks the truce again....obviously they don't think enough Palestinians have died yet

for the propaganda offensive they are waging...

why else would they continue to fire rockets that they know don't stand much chance of hitting their targets...?

Hamas breaks the truce again....obviously they don't think enough Palestinians have died yet

for the propaganda offensive they are waging...

why else would they continue to fire rockets that they know don't stand much chance of hitting their targets...?

As I've said, which is obvious even to you now, it has nothing to do with hitting "their targets".

You thought that the rockets stop, and everything goes back to exactly the way it was, as if that is somehow acceptable for a minute.

As I've said, which is obvious even to you now, it has nothing to do with hitting "their targets".

it sounds like you are admitting that they want a high death toll...

like a big suicide mission...?

it sounds like you are admitting that they want a high death toll...

like a big suicide mission...?

How could you possibly conclude that when they're firing "rockets" and hitting nothing as the pretense for more IDF slaughter?

How could you possibly conclude that when they're firing "rockets" and hitting nothing as the pretense for more IDF slaughter?

your logic is falling apart

why are they firing rockets that they know won't reach their target...

and they also know that the IDF will target the launchers and storage places..?

The only conclusion is that they (Hamas) think high numbers of Palestinian casualties is desirable

for their cause..

When they do stop "attacking", Israel keeps attacking. So why should they stop "attacking" at all?

I don't believe that is true. Could you cite some examples ?

Yamato, I assume you are aware that rockets where being fired from Gaza YEARS before Israel finally intervened and sent ground forces into Gaza (Operation Cast Lead, a few years back).

Consider the example of Lebanon... Israel invaded TWICE in response to rocket/mortar attacks, and cross-border attacks by Hezbollah. After the second invasion, Hezbollah stopped firing rockets, and stopped the attacks. Israel hasn't invaded since then.

I could go back into recent history and cite more examples. The bottom line is: "if you stop attacking Israel, then Israel will stop attacking you".

Freedom isn't off topic buddy. If you're talking to me about this, that is the topic......

Nevertheless, on a discussion forum like this, it is useful to split a discussion into specific topics. If you load EVERY individual topic with your ENTIRE phillosophy on... whatever.. then we end up with a morass.

Hell, its not like I'm perfect in that regard... and topics do generate a natural discussion "flow"... but Yamato... PLEASE... .

You thought that the rockets stop, and everything goes back to exactly the way it was, as if that is somehow acceptable for a minute.

I'm not sure that is what Bee was suggesting. I think she meant that WITH rocket fire, we have the "status quo", but WITHOUT it, we have the opportunity to progress towards peace.

Having said that, Bee is more than capable of making her own point, without me trying to interpret it on her behalf. :D

What part of inalienable can't you understand from Pensacola?

Which part of "Rude" can't you understand from Yamatoland ?

• Like 1

I'm not sure that is what Bee was suggesting. I think she meant that WITH rocket fire, we have the "status quo", but WITHOUT it, we have the opportunity to progress towards peace.

Having said that, Bee is more than capable of making her own point, without me trying to interpret it on her behalf. :D

:D

what I meant was what I said.... ;)

but you are right and saying it in a slightly different way with your interpretation....

keeping firing the rockets is knowingly and deliberately furthering the bloodshed ....

Edited by bee

:D

what I meant was what I said.... ;)

but you are right and saying it in a slightly different way with your interpretation....

keeping firing the rockets is knowingly and deliberately furthering the bloodshed ....

And stop firing the rockets will also further bloodshed.

You know the Israelis are still putting up "settlements" on stolen land, right?

• Like 1