Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel and Hamas agree humanitarian truce

Still Waters

Bets on Hamas breaking this truce before the 72 hrs are up?

I'll take $100 worth of that-of course it will-HAMAS is a terrorist organisation, with no morality or scruples at all. That's why they put their rocket launchers in or near schools and mosques.

• Like 2

I'm Palestinian, My Roommate is Jewish:

[media=]

[/media]

And why not? Good on you.

And stop firing the rockets will also further bloodshed.

You know the Israelis are still putting up "settlements" on stolen land, right?

You keep building on stolen land as well, in fact so does "my lot".

It's all someone else's land, what matters is living next door to someone else peacefully.

• Like 2

Every night, it seems that a new Ceasefire is agreed upon, only to be broken by HAMAS within an hour or so.

It appears, that as suggested by the Israeli PM, that HAMAS is using the short breaks to resupply their launch sites, or to relocate them.

Israel could be forgiven for not agreeing to any more cease fires.

• Like 3

You keep building on stolen land as well, in fact so does "my lot".

It's all someone else's land, what matters is living next door to someone else peacefully.

And just what do you call, "peacefully",

Using terrorist groups - Irgun, Lehi, Stern Gang to blow out 700,000 Palestinians from 400+ towns and villages?

that was just the beginning, 1947 era. Screw those bloodthirsty parasites.

Is that what you call "peacefully"?? Get serious, dude.

it is easy to justify displacing folk by the Britts and the American this is what these folks do best..history says this .It is not made up .the wesy needs a new air base and the Britts give them the Islands ..We all Know this yet we listen to the likes of the britts and americans tell us with eyes on the events that this is correct and they are right on the side of whatever to justify their bloody deeds.And we are sometimes fooled into believing these folks even care about their own..Not true at all ,these are the kind that would take the food out of a starving babies mouth .

Mattaponi, when the self righteous amongst us talk about "human rights", they mostly mean "WHITE human rights", because they treat those "darkies" of any stripe - Palestinian or otherwise, like they were not human at all.

But something tells me that you know that better than me. Bless ya, bro.

• Like 2

Oppression is oppression no matter where it stems or who it hammers down .. the USA has a congressman who Stated there are no legitimate pregnancies of rape because the human body will reject sperm from a rape .Sadly I wish I was making this up.My point being these are the folks running the USA

• Like 3

Oppression is oppression no matter where it stems or who it hammers down .. the USA has a congressman who Stated there are no legitimate pregnancies of rape because the human body will reject sperm from a rape .Sadly I wish I was making this up.My point being these are the folks running the USA

Those two statements are not related.

Mattaponi - I would like to explore your ideas on oppression.

In your opinion, is it ever justifiable for a society to oppress an individual ?

And just what do you call, "peacefully",

Using terrorist groups - Irgun, Lehi, Stern Gang to blow out 700,000 Palestinians from 400+ towns and villages?

that was just the beginning, 1947 era. Screw those bloodthirsty parasites.

Is that what you call "peacefully"?? Get serious, dude.

Strangely enough, no I don't call that peacefully "dude". I call it "violently" and thus a failure to live peacefully. But then both sides are failing to do that aren't they.

73 hours after a 72 hour ceasefire is called, Hamas and/or someone in Gaza fires rockets into Israel. Another failure to live peacefully. Tomorrow, Israel will flatten another few blocks in Gaza. Another failure to live peacefully. Hamas might fire a few rockets from a school, or out of the back of an ambulance. Israel will fire into a Mosque the may or may not have had a weapons dump hidden in it.

It's not going to stop until someone makes it stop. The UN needs to do it's bloody job and PEACEKEEP in the area with reprisals against whoever breaks the UN instigated and controlled ceasefire.

• Like 2

Every night, it seems that a new Ceasefire is agreed upon, only to be broken by HAMAS within an hour or so.

It appears, that as suggested by the Israeli PM, that HAMAS is using the short breaks to resupply their launch sites, or to relocate them.

Israel could be forgiven for not agreeing to any more cease fires.

Strangely my prediction is holding up for every ceasefire... I didn't think the Hamas would be stupid enough to put their citizens through this off and on war, alienating themselves from their population even though they spread lies and used them as human shields just to satisfy their hunger for power. Interestingly enough, I think the new Hamas leader is doing a better job than Israel of destroying its organization's reputation and ability to survive. With an self-destructive radicals come along, just spread the truth and educate, then just last longer than them and they will eventually put themselves out of their own misery. Only way it can survive is by spreading lies, false information, and recruitment drive riddled with glorifying their actions against their enemies, taking from the population to use as soldiers or suicide bombers.

Strangely enough, no I don't call that peacefully "dude". I call it "violently" and thus a failure to live peacefully. But then both sides are failing to do that aren't they.

73 hours after a 72 hour ceasefire is called, Hamas and/or someone in Gaza fires rockets into Israel. Another failure to live peacefully. Tomorrow, Israel will flatten another few blocks in Gaza. Another failure to live peacefully. Hamas might fire a few rockets from a school, or out of the back of an ambulance. Israel will fire into a Mosque the may or may not have had a weapons dump hidden in it.

It's not going to stop until someone makes it stop. The UN needs to do it's bloody job and PEACEKEEP in the area with reprisals against whoever breaks the UN instigated and controlled ceasefire.

Ever heard of the term... Hamas love death as much as Israeli's love life. Hamas won't stop firing, their ultimate goal is to completely remove Israel from the map while the government is changing hands away from Hamas and starting to compromise on their goals. The government of Palestine is actually starting to talk and corporate with Israel which could lead to end of blockage and other sanctions, while Hamas are wildly running about firing rockets into Israel isn't helping the drive towards peace. Hamas are destroying themselves in this war and taking innocent civilians in the process. I don't like seeing people die, but Hamas are bringing this down upon Palestine and don't have Palestine people's interest in their goals. They're an radical organization that needs to be disbanded, then Palestine develop an modern army and abide by the rules of engagement as well as the international norms. Then peace would coming sooner than later, Israel won't fear Palestine and Palestine will prosper.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3

Gee, maybe we ought to form one of those INTERNATIONAL Law making bodies to write some laws???? Ya think??

Oh, how forgetful of me! We have something called the United Nations.

Never mind!

Gee, maybe we ought to form one of those INTERNATIONAL Law making bodies to write some laws???? Ya think??

Oh, how forgetful of me! We have something called the United Nations.

Never mind!

Funny that... in the 54 years or so that they've been around, they have spent a hugely disproportionate amount of time and energy looking at the sins of one miniscule country while ignoring, essentially, some of the worst depredations mankind is capable of in other parts of the world. The fact that they aren't taken seriously by anyone is in large part due to this behavior. They've become a gang of thugs and fortunately they have no real power to impose their will.

Funny that... in the 54 years or so that they've been around, they have spent a hugely disproportionate amount of time and energy looking at covering up the sins of one miniscule country while ignoring, essentially, some of the worst depredations mankind is capable of in other parts of the world. The fact that they aren't taken seriously by anyone is in large part due to this behavior. They've become a gang of thugs and fortunately they have no real power to impose their will.

Fixed!

'and then', If the UN ever backed up their own laws, Israel would have been STOPPED dead in its tracks in 1947.

And if the UN were to enforce their own laws and resolutions now, the Israelis would have to give up - voluntarily or by UN force, Golan, Shebra Farms , and all the land in Mandated Palestine.

And uh oh!!, the worst part of it all, Israel would have to allow - again, voluntarily or by force, all those ta ta people back home.

Sure you want the law enforced, 'and then'?? Because you and I know that - although MANY nations want to see that done, Israel doesn't, and that is all that counts to the 'crooked cop' known as the UN.

I mean, you want "facts", right? not *opinion*. Well, you now have the pertinent facts

"Wait for it... Wait for it!"

By Dell Cameron (Google+) on July 28, 2014

Email

After an attack on the Al-Shati refugee camp in northern Gaza that reportedly left at least 10 people dead, an NBC News report initially assigned blame to the Israeli Defense Force. But shortly after the article was posted on its website, the words “Israeli strike” were removed.

The NBC News report, filed by journalist Ayman Mohyeldin, was modified to suggest that “missiles or rockets” were responsible for the attacks against the refugee camp and nearby Shifa Hospital, where the wounded were taken to receive medical care. The original lead in the NBC article read: “Israeli strikes hit within yards of Gaza’s main hospital as well as at a refugee camp on Monday, leaving at least 30 dead and wounded." The later version of the report did not indicate who fired the missiles or rockets.

Published: Sunday August 10, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM

Updated: Sunday August 10, 2014 MYT 7:37:02 AM

Why hurt our own people?

by wong chun wai

he point I am driving at is this – for all its success and brilliance, Israel remains a country without a heart and soul in the eyes of the world. Who cares if they have produced more Nobel Prize winners than the rest of the world?

How can a country bomb hospitals and schools repeatedly, killing children, and claim they are targeted because they are shelters for terrorists?

How can a country do all that and expect the world to believe it? How can Israel claim they need to kill Hamas terrorists but behave no better than the terrorists themselves? And these killings only inspire more militants to become suicide bombers in the name of religion.

How does one look at a country that draws water from the Palestinian-controlled West Bank and then sell it back to the Palestinians?

According to The Economist, in a poll published before the Gaza attacks, the citizens of 23 countries put the balance of those who think Israel is a good or bad influence on the world at -26%, ranking it just below Russia and above North Korea, Pakistan and Iran.

And even in the United States, where the government is clearly supporting Israel morally, financially and via defence supplies, a large number of ordinary Americans think the action against the Palestinians by the Israelis is unjustified.

~ 'Free Press' ~ incarcerated minds ~

~

• Like 1

It's stuff like this: "How does one look at a country that draws water from the Palestinian-controlled West Bank and then sell it back to the Palestinians?"

.... that proves that Palestinians have no autonomy. they are just sitting ducks for Israel to do with as they please.

Also, Israel blockades Gaza and prevents building materials from getting in after Israel blows everything up.

Also, Israel steals the Palestinian natural gas off their coast and sells that.

Who, could possibly live like this. Israel just SUCKS.

It's stuff like this: "How does one look at a country that draws water from the Palestinian-controlled West Bank and then sell it back to the Palestinians?"

.... that proves that Palestinians have no autonomy. they are just sitting ducks for Israel to do with as they please.

Presumably Israel isn't selling water to the Palestinians per se; it is selling the convenience of cleaned, pressurised, piped water. Seeing as Israel presumably built the water treatment plants and the distribution systems, it is not unreasonable to ask people to pay for the resulting water.

If the Palestinians just wanted water, and aren't fussed about purity or pressure, then they are welcome to go down to the Jordan with buckets, as they did before the Jews arrived on the scene.

Also, Israel blockades Gaza and prevents building materials from getting in after Israel blows everything up.

Because HAMAS et al diverted aformentioned materials for tunnel-building.

Also, Israel steals the Palestinian natural gas off their coast and sells that.

The Tamar (and other) gas fields are part of Israel's territorial waters, not Palestine's. But heck, why let the facts get in the way of a good smear ?

Who, could possibly live like this. Israel just SUCKS.

Who could possibly force a peoples to live like this ? The Muslim Brotherhood just SUCKS

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Presumably Israel isn't selling water to the Palestinians per se; it is selling the convenience of cleaned, pressurised, piped water. Seeing as Israel presumably built the water treatment plants and the distribution systems, it is not unreasonable to ask people to pay for the resulting water.

You do know that Israel blew up the Gaza water purification plant, right?

If the Palestinians just wanted water, and aren't fussed about purity or pressure, then they are welcome to go down to the Jordan with buckets, as they did before the Jews arrived on the scene.

Because HAMAS et al diverted aformentioned materials for tunnel-building.

Still not the point. The point is, Israel RUNS Gaza. Nobody can live like that, they can't let Israel determine what is "just" in Gaza because we all know what will happen to them

The Tamar (and other) gas fields are part of Israel's territorial waters, not Palestine's. But heck, why let the facts get in the way of a good smear ?

Well, Duh! And guess who defines what Israel's territorial waters are? The gas is off the coast of Gaza not Israel.

Who could possibly force a peoples to live like this ? The Muslim Brotherhood just SUCKS

Think maybe someone with some sense should go in their and separate the two?

Most Israeli backers will say "NO" because they hate Muslims and enjoy watching the infinite cycle of violence always end up in the Israeli's favor.

Am I not right, Mister Gardener?

On a more personal note..., how many roofs do you harvest from your garden in a season? :yes:

I got a question, does everyone understand it is Hamas that are starting this war and breaking truces? They are the ones using people as shields, the dead bodies of civilians are also used as ways to incite anger towards Israel even though they forced them to stay in the path of Israel's airstrikes, and then they would use cease-fire as an way to restock on up supplies and weapons instead of taking care of the citizens that are devastated by the war. Wars are hell, there is no such thing as a war that has no civilian deaths involved. It is called Collateral Damage, an term that I hope one day will be thrown out of the dictionary because our weapons only hit the enemies they are targeting, but that is an technology that no one has access today. Not even America has weapons that could do this...

• Like 1

You do know that Israel blew up the Gaza water purification plant, right?

No I don't, because they didn't.

They apparently put three tank shells into key parts of a Water Treatment (not purification) plant that treats raw sewage prior to pumping it out to sea. This is bad for the environment, but the plant didn't actually produce drinking water. Also, it wasn't blown up, and it can be repaired.

Still not the point. The point is, Israel RUNS Gaza. Nobody can live like that, they can't let Israel determine what is "just" in Gaza because we all know what will happen to them

Gaza is run by HAMAS. They made executive decisions, (firing rockets and mortars, building tunnels to launch terrorist attacks) which drew consequences (Israel refuses to allow the export of weapons and tunnel-making equipment through its borders and into Gaza). HAMAS could lift the export restrictions in 24 hours, simply by stopping the rocket/mortar launches, and giving assurances regarding future attacks.

Well, Duh! And guess who defines what Israel's territorial waters are?

International Maritime Law ! :D

The gas is off the coast of Gaza not Israel.

Are you referring to the Mari-B fields ? They are Palestinian already, and actually belong to HAMAS. Israel does not contest this. But these are minnows; the REAL action is up in the Tamar, Dalit, and Leviathan fields. (see map), which are most definately NOT in Palestinian territory.

DSME-Makes-Agreement-with-Israel-for-Tamar-Gas-Field-Development.jpg

Most Israeli backers will say "NO" because they hate Muslims and enjoy watching the infinite cycle of violence always end up in the Israeli's favor.

Am I not right, Mister Gardener?

Well, I wouldn't say that, I don't hate Muslims, though I do despise some of their Nazi-like organisations. (of which the Muslim Brotherhood is by far the most sinister, though ISIL is giving it a run for its money).

On a more personal note..., how many roofs do you harvest from your garden in a season? :yes:

Fool of a Took ! :D.

I will endeavor to post some photographs of the RoofGarden.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Strangely my prediction is holding up for every ceasefire... I didn't think the Hamas would be stupid enough to put their citizens through this off and on war, alienating themselves from their population even though they spread lies and used them as human shields just to satisfy their hunger for power. Interestingly enough, I think the new Hamas leader is doing a better job than Israel of destroying its organization's reputation and ability to survive. With an self-destructive radicals come along, just spread the truth and educate, then just last longer than them and they will eventually put themselves out of their own misery. Only way it can survive is by spreading lies, false information, and recruitment drive riddled with glorifying their actions against their enemies, taking from the population to use as soldiers or suicide bombers.

Ever heard of the term... Hamas love death as much as Israeli's love life. Hamas won't stop firing, their ultimate goal is to completely remove Israel from the map while the government is changing hands away from Hamas and starting to compromise on their goals. The government of Palestine is actually starting to talk and corporate with Israel which could lead to end of blockage and other sanctions, while Hamas are wildly running about firing rockets into Israel isn't helping the drive towards peace. Hamas are destroying themselves in this war and taking innocent civilians in the process. I don't like seeing people die, but Hamas are bringing this down upon Palestine and don't have Palestine people's interest in their goals. They're an radical organization that needs to be disbanded, then Palestine develop an modern army and abide by the rules of engagement as well as the international norms. Then peace would coming sooner than later, Israel won't fear Palestine and Palestine will prosper.

Perhaps the only answer is for Israel to invade Palestine big time, annexe it, enforce law and order, and then set about creating a Palestinians State that they can both live with.

It's obvious that the UN is sitting on it's collective bums, wringing it's respective hands, finding it all too hard to handle.