Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There are no Ghosts of Dead People

reidh

Doesn't the bible also say something about being respectful to your neighbours goat?

I don't know, iv'e never read it.

Nobody knows what ghosts are for certain, i like to think we carry on another existence after death, perhaps as pure energy..somehow..somewhere..

Who knows, we will all find out one day so lets not argue about it..LOL

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin
  • Like 6

The bible clearly states that once you die you go to your judgement, and that is it.

Welcome to UM reidh :st Please, read the site rule, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here :)

I'm not sure you are accurate with your comment. After all, Lazarus and Jesus were resurrected, and the bible mentions folks being raised for final judgement at the second coming.

• Like 5

It must be true because the BuyBull is from the ultimate authority.

Numbers 11:1-2 (KJV)

1 And when the people complained , it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled ; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. 2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched .

Numbers 11:31-34 (KJV)

31 And there went forth a wind from the LORD, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth. 32 And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp. 33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed , the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague. 34 And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted .

• Like 2

And has a talking donkey in it.

A lot of them. lol

Saying there are no ghost is a bit narrow minded. We don't know if they exist or that their just figments of our imaginations.

As for God's great power, I really want to see stuff like that. Parting of the sea, etc. Yet there is nothing like that in this day, if there ever was at all.

• Like 1

[/size]

As for God's great power, I really want to see stuff like that. Parting of the sea, etc. Yet there is nothing like that in this day, if there ever was at all.

Nature is behind the parting of the seas, somehow someone attributed it to a "god", I call that naivety, others call it religion.

But here, this is for you, we do have it today, but no doubt will offend if we can give an explanation to the "moses" theory by explaining it as part of nature.

• Like 6

The Bible also states there are windows in the sky.

"There are holes in the sky where the rain comes in,

They're not very big - that's why rain is thin!"

Spike Milligan

• Like 4

Given that we perceive with our senses less than 1% of the energy in the universe...

It's natural for me to be agnostic about this stuff... so much out there beyond my perception. I've also never felt like the universe was such a place, that I should expect to understand it all.

I've experienced a few genuinely unexplainable things, I have no idea what caused them nor what they were... and I'm fine with that.

Some day I might figure it out, or not, either way, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do have the benefit of having no fear of death. Mind you, I'm not crazy about the potential manner of my death, which could suck. But after a few experiences starting from age four... death has no teeth.

• Like 3

The night my wife died, her friend's granddaughter got up in the morning all excited at having been visited by my wife. My wife's friend told her no she hadn't come to visit and told her she had died last night. The little girl insisted that she was there and had ask her to give me this bear she had in her room that said "I love you" on it. They called me right away and said they were coming over. They told me the story and gave me the bear. I have no doubt that dear child saw my wife that night.

Later. I was telling a "friend" who is a fundamentalist Christian about it and he got all excited and said that wasn't my wife, it was a demon. Yup he was serous, a demon gave me a teddy bear. Believe as you will. I'll tell you, to this day that was the cruelest thing anyone has ever said to me.

• Like 8

The bible clearly states that once you die you go to your judgement, and that is it.

Depends who you ask.....

• Like 1

The bible also clearly states that you should not wear clothes made of two different fibers.

• Like 5

The night my wife died, her friend's granddaughter got up in the morning all excited at having been visited by my wife. My wife's friend told her no she hadn't come to visit and told her she had died last night. The little girl insisted that she was there and had ask her to give me this bear she had in her room that said "I love you" on it. They called me right away and said they were coming over. They told me the story and gave me the bear. I have no doubt that dear child saw my wife that night.

Later. I was telling a "friend" who is a fundamentalist Christian about it and he got all excited and said that wasn't my wife, it was a demon. Yup he was serous, a demon gave me a teddy bear. Believe as you will. I'll tell you, to this day that was the cruelest thing anyone has ever said to me.

Wow man... thanks for sharing that story. I can only imagine what receiving that bear must have meant.

It always amazes me, people like your fundamentalist friend, who are absolutely positive they know everything about something they've never experienced... crazy.

• Like 6

reidh

Welcome aboard. Heathen here.

The Bible has a ghost in it, Samuel's at 1 Samuel 28, whom the Witch of Endor saw and Saul spoke with.

A little traveling music, maestro....

[media=]

[/media]

>

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unicorn

unicorn (ˈjuːnɪˌkɔːn)

n

1. (European Myth & Legend) an imaginary creature usually depicted as a white horse with one long spiralled horn growing from its forehead

2. (Animals) an imaginary creature usually depicted as a white horse with one long spiralled horn growing from its forehead

3. (Bible) Old Testament a two-horned animal, thought to be either the rhinoceros or the aurochs (Deuteronomy 33:17): mistranslation in the Authorized Version of the original Hebrew

[C13: from Old French unicorne, from Latin ūnicornis one-horned, from ūnus one + cornu a horn]

• Like 2

I am a christian but, we had a ghost cat in our house that made itself know off & on for about two years.

While in the military I witnessed a pile of fog on the bunk of a recently killed soldier. It didn't speak or do anything - it was just there. I was not the only witness to this.

• Like 4

I was telling a "friend" who is a fundamentalist Christian about it and he got all excited and said that wasn't my wife, it was a demon. Yup he was serous, a demon gave me a teddy bear. Believe as you will. I'll tell you, to this day that was the cruelest thing anyone has ever said to me.

The person who told you that is one sick fool. To them it's all demons and devils.

• Like 5

OK, my intention is not to come off as being rude but if the OP does not believe in ghosts or at least the possibility, what's the point of joining a forum that discusses these things? Maybe to preach? Just a bit ironic.

• Like 3

Fundamentalist minded christians advised my brother (God rest his soul) that he had a demon when he had a stroke many years ago, he had been a preacher up to that time and lived another 24 years afterward. I'll never forget it, it outraged me in the deepest way. It wasn't the last of the events that outraged me from that particular quarter but it was by far the worst.

• Like 2

Fundamentalist minded christians advised my brother (God rest his soul) that he had a demon when he had a stroke many years ago, he had been a preacher up to that time and lived another 24 years afterward. I'll never forget it, it outraged me in the deepest way. It wasn't the last of the events that outraged me from that particular quarter but it was by far the worst.

That is profoundly sad... wow mate.

I would find it hard to not be very bitter after something that nasty.

• Like 1

That is profoundly sad... wow mate.

I would find it hard to not be very bitter after something that nasty.

Yes, and yet I am a christian - of the distinctly "non-fundamentalist" variety. I consider it very important in my own life to battle that kind of ignorance and misuse of faith.

On the opposite end of the scale, while my brother was hospitalized with his original stroke, he received prayers and good wishes from all over the world too. Congregations as far afield as Canada sent "prayer handkerchiefs" to him. He kept them under his pillow. The doctors said he would likely never walk again, he was walking within 6 months - the power of faith at work, he believed he could, he believed others supported that he could and he did.

• Like 5