Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elderly grocer hid needles in meat

questionmark

BELLEVILLE, Ill., Aug. 1 (UPI) -- An elderly man in Illinois is behind bars for allegedly putting sewing needles into pre-packaged meat sold at the grocery store where he was employed.

A criminal complaint filed Wednesday against 68-year-old Ronald G. Avers alleges the former Shop 'n Save employee hid needles in meat packages on seven different occasions between May 2013 and July 2014.

At least one person was injured by Avers' needles, and prosecutors say a second woman found a needle in her mouth while eating.

" I didn't want to hurt nobody."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/08/01/Elderly-grocer-hid-needles-in-meat-just-for-the-hell-of-it/4581406897177/#ixzz399UXu5Sf

What? did he think they might disintegrate. I hope they have room in the asylum for this guy, no amount of rehabilitation will cure this kind of mentality.

• Like 4

Disgusting Pig.

• Like 3

It's not good to be both old and stupid. Not much hope for you in that case. :no:

• Like 1

"I didn't want to hurt anyone..".

What a cheap excuse to try and get out of any responsibility for a deliberate act of malice. This man is way to old to be this stupid and ignorant and I think he possibly just a grumpy, bitter, hate-filled man who thinks he is going to lash out at everybody.

What would he have said if, instead, it was a child who got injured from his acts of malice?

No, he didn't just do it for "the hell of it". This was pure sadism. Hope this guy doesn't have grandkids or pets because I'd hate to think what he does to them.

• Like 3

I remember a time when razor blades were placed in hand soap blocks in public loo's, (back in the days when soap blocks were actually used)

What wrong with (some) people?

• Like 2

I remember a time when razor blades were placed in hand soap blocks in public loo's, (back in the days when soap blocks were actually used)

What wrong with (some) people?

Everything, hence best take no more chances and throw away the key, better still, used them for research in the labs.

• Like 1

What irks me is that this old poop actually seems to think that his "I didn't want to hurt anyone" was going to be believed by anyone.

You just cannot put poisons, blades, needles, etc in foods, everyday items or anything and not think it will hurt anyone.

Like I said, what if a child had swallowed a needle and had to be rushed to the emergency room? What if someone was making treats for their pets ad they had to be rushed to the vet because of a pierced stomach or esophagus?

Furthermore this was not just some random event, this had to be going on for awhile before people finally suspected it was the store PLUS I am sure he probably did it at other times prior to what was stated. Again this is not something you just do at the spur of the moment and if he worked in other stores it is possible he did it there too.

Good thing the surveillance cameras caught him in the act.