Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ebola patient coming to U.S.

OverSword

Agreed. Until we find out what's going on it's good to see that all precautions possible are being put into place. Now, rather than later.

You think they're bringing him here because of their compassion for a fellow American huh? They're doing it for the reason that

Lilly pointed out. Research. Maybe I've seen too many virus movies but I say if they want to research ebola they should take the

equipment and staff to the source, not bring the disease here. What if it gets out of quarantine and spreads? It's highly contagious

and has a 90% fatality rate. That is extremely high, perhaps the highest of any communicable disease. This is stupid.

First of all, its a human who requires treatment. 2nd, even if Ebola is a deadly virus there is no need for the kind of panic you suffer.

The Ebola virus is classified to Biosafety level 4 and so you can be sure that the transport of the patient and the location where

he will be taken are in compliance to the requirements of Biosafety level 4 to avoid any chance that the virus can be spreaded.

Of course, there is a virus spreading problem in Africa but this problem is caused by low level equipment, chaotic circumstances

and the behavior of some African ppl who do not search for treatment also in case the first symptoms of a possible Ebola infect occur.

Edited by toast

You think they're bringing him here because of their compassion for a fellow American huh? They're doing it for the reason that Lilly pointed out. Research. Maybe I've seen too many virus movies but I say if they want to research ebola they should take the equipment and staff to the source, not bring the disease here. What if it gets out of quarantine and spreads? It's highly contagious and has a 90% fatality rate. That is extremely high, perhaps the highest of any communicable disease. This is stupid.

You guys make a conspiracy out of everything don't you?

• Like 2

I was hedging my bets as to whether they would be alive long enough to get to the U.S. quite frankly. Glad they made it home.

You really think it would be cheaper to set up a lab than fly a person under quarantine?

did you read the question? Did I ask that? nope. Go back and respond after you've take the time to hear the question asked before answering.

I agree with Lilly.

The treatment that can be given here will be far superior to the treatment they can receive in a tent hospital in Africa.

I honestly don't thin treatment is the reason they've brought him here since he probably won't live. It's research.

You guys make a conspiracy out of everything don't you?

I like to have a good time. Since you've decided that everything is mundane why do you bother to post in forums like this? Please answer I would genuinely like to know.

As a mundane...-ist

It's the challenge of solving a puzzle. finding the mundane reality behind the fantastic claim

• Like 1

There is always Murphy's Law to contend with no matter what precautions are taken.

• Like 2

I was hedging my bets as to whether they would be alive long enough to get to the U.S. quite frankly. Glad they made it home.

The doctor was able to walk into the hospital on his own, which has "experts" amazed. Not necessarily proof that he will be a survivor, but his prognosis at the moment looks better than imagined.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/experts-surprised-ebola-infected-doctor-walk-hospital/story?id=24820682

There's some good links in the article.

• Like 1

I like to have a good time. Since you've decided that everything is mundane why do you bother to post in forums like this? Please answer I would genuinely like to know.

Who said a disease that has killed hundreds and threatens to collapse three African countries is mundane?

I simply don't see the problem with brining two infected US Citizens back to the United States for treatment in state-of-the-art quarantine facilities. We have equally deadly and more contagious diseases being treated on a daily basis in our own backyards. How is this any different?

And a question for you - why do you immediately jump to manmade global conspiracy after pretty much anything happens on the planet? I would genuinely like to know.

• Like 1

Please correct me if I'm wrong - perhaps I read an article written by someone without the flair for sensationalism so many journalists have - but my understanding of the situation was that ebola spreads easily in Africa due to hygiene issues, unsafe injection practices and burial practices in which the family of the deceased come into close contact with the body. I'm also guessing that in the rural places ebola seems to be emerging from, there aren't the facilities to provide the intensive supportive care that is needed to save people. As such, surely an outbreak of this ebola virus in it's current form (i.e. spread through body fluids and contact with body fluids, specifically: not airborne) would be much easier to control in the US?

They say the woman who is returning tomorrow is eating and asking for her favorite foods. If this serum works, this doctor and caregiver will be praised as saviors. We need this research. The risk is low but the gain could be astronomical.

As far as New York, every precaution is being taken to make sure the man isn't carrying the disease. Better safe than sorry. And I think as long as this outbreak continues and people fly from overseas to the US showing any symptoms of possible Ebola infection, this is something we will need to get used to.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

He's being tested. The whole "Ebola in New York" line is a bit premature.

And shows how easily people will panic. Next step, please impose measures for our own good, we beg you.
  • Like 1

And shows how easily people will panic. Next step, please impose measures for our own good, we beg you.

I already saw how easily people panic with your opening post. Your whole premise that this is somehow a conspiracy to unleash martial law is sickening, to start with. Even worse is that you somehow downplay the need to impose certain measures in the event of an outbreak.

if they got an

Ebola drug why is it top secret??

if it works why not give it to africa ??why not test it in africa frist? they gave it to the Americas frist, talk about conspiracy..

Secret serum likely saved Ebola patients

updated 9:07 PM EDT, Mon August 4, 2014

140804003519-lok-sierra-leone-ebola-equipment-show-and-tell-00005704-video-tease.jpg

Three top secret, experimental vials stored at subzero temperatures were flown into Liberia last week in a last-ditch effort to save two American missionary workers.

hey gave it to the Americas frist, talk about conspiracy..

If Americans develop it, why shouldnt they give it to their OWN people first? Makes logical sense.

If Americans develop it, why shouldnt they give it to their OWN people first? Makes logical sense.

but it dont make it right, but thats just me

• Like 1