Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paris police lose 51kg of cocaine

questionmark

Paris police are investigating the disappearance of 51kg of cocaine from a supposedly locked and sealed room in their own headquarters on the banks of the Seine.

The cocaine "bricks" with a street value of around €2.5m (£2m) were seized a month ago after officers smashed a drug trafficking network in the capital.

They were supposed to be under lock and key at the force's legendary headquarters at 36 Quai des Orfèvres, for ever associated with the fictional French detective Maigret.

read more

Guess the cops had some "private needs"

• Like 2

...You cannot "lose" 51 kilo's of cocaine, I wonder if 51 Police men work there, bring in Inspector Cleausso, dum-de-dum, de-dum-de-dum-de-dum.....Ce la guerre.

51kg? Does anyone have any concept of how big 51kg of cocaine looks like? It's not like "it fell between the cracks in the floor" or something. Even moving it about would be conspicuous at the very least. Losing it is damned near impossible, they need to face facts fast that this was deliberate.

• Like 1

I'm sure none of them would have sold it? Ok, i'm not sure some of them didn't sell it.

• Like 2

There was either one hell of a big party, or somebody sold it. Saying they *lost* it is right up there with saying, "The dog ate my homework".

• Like 2

There was either one hell of a big party, or somebody sold it. Saying they *lost* it is right up there with saying, "The dog ate my homework".

But my dog did eat my homework once. :(

51kg? Does anyone have any concept of how big 51kg of cocaine looks like? It's not like "it fell between the cracks in the floor" or something. Even moving it about would be conspicuous at the very least. Losing it is damned near impossible, they need to face facts fast that this was deliberate.

51kg is roughly 35 small brick size packages, they would fit in an average small suitcase or holdall.

Edited by The Sky Scanner

51kg is roughly 35 small brick size packages, they would fit in an average small suitcase of holdall.

Yeah, and a small suitcase amount of something isn't just going to fall through a crack on the floor and get lost! Somebody did something with the Coke.

Yeah, and a small suitcase amount of something isn't just going to fall through a crack on the floor and get lost! Somebody did something with the Coke.

Probably just a buy-back. If you're shifting 50kg of coke around then you're probably the type with contacts and coppers on the pay roll to shift attention to others. The coke probably ended up where it was intended, and a few coppers are not sleeping well wondering if their little 'info exchange' sideline is coming undone.

• Like 1

Vive la France!

• Like 1