Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The One time I saw a UFO

lancimouspitt

I figured I would share the one UFO sighting I can tell. Granted I can't say they where little green men (I do live very close to Wright Patterson Air Force Base after all) but I think some may find it interesting nonetheless.

It was 2 summers ago about 9-10 at night. My girlfriend was sitting out on the front porch with the front door open. I was in the basement at the time but even that far down I could hear as she yelled for me in a panic.

At the time I was pretty sure a raccoon or a possum had snuck up on the porch and scared the living daylights out of her. It had happened before so while I dropped what I was doing it wasn't as if I was in a huge hurry to run up the stairs. When I walked into the living room she was going on about how there was balls of fire in the sky and that they had disappeared below the trees out by the steel factory.

It was a bit hard for me to believe what she was saying because she didn't ever talk about that kind of stuff. I asked her if they where shooting stars and she said, "No, because "They made sounds."

Now I figured that regardless of what she had seen what was done was done and the show was over. So I sat out on the porch with her and she described to me the weird way in which they moved and how they sounded.

My girlfriend insisted i stay out there encase they came back. I was really curious anyway,but doubtful. I've had weird experiences in the past but no UFO's.

Well then I saw them. I couldn't tell you now though if they came back up through the trees or descended from above.

What I saw was literally 2 balls of fire. They appeared to be burning as we watched them. These two balls moved slowly but with purpose. They moved side to side,diagonal, and up and down. Perhaps the most distinctive characterestic about them was how loud the sounds where. You could hear the pistons in these things and they both where hissing. We watched them for maybe twenty seconds and then they descended down below the trees.

I can't remember what we said to eachother but what happened next was really cool,though a bit creepy.

Without warning a huge wind gusted up over the trees and a massive,triangle shaped ship flew over us.

This thing was so fast and so quiet that by the time I ran out onto the road to watch it fly across the rest of the neighborhood it was already gone.

At that point I ran back down in the basement and grabbed my Skyquest XT8. I thought I'll be damned if I see these again i don't get a really,really,good look. Of course nothing else that night.

The strange thing was no one else ever reported seeing it. Just a few months ago I mentioned it to a fellow employee where I work and he seemed to think he had read in the paper it was weather balloons,though I don't recall any such story.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stubbly_Dooright

• lancimouspitt

• Sweetpumper

• 95-Nasty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You said the triangle shaped flying thing was massive. In miles? How big was it? And did it make a low rumble and did it make things rattle as it crossed over? There is a reason why I asked this. It is because of something I experienced sometime ago, and I was living on an AF base at the time as well.

And even though something inside me kept me from looking out the window, someone who was up at that time too, heard it, looked out, and saw nothing. I find that curious.

That does not sound like any weather balloon I've ever seen. As always, wish I were there to witness it and help mark off any possibilities.

You said the triangle shaped flying thing was massive. In miles? How big was it? And did it make a low rumble and did it make things rattle as it crossed over? There is a reason why I asked this. It is because of something I experienced sometime ago, and I was living on an AF base at the time as well.

And even though something inside me kept me from looking out the window, someone who was up at that time too, heard it, looked out, and saw nothing. I find that curious.

I wouldn't say in miles,but probably four houses long and maybe a little wider. I don't recall anything shaking,other than the trees as it passed,and when I say the tree's where moving it was like a scene out of Jurassic Park. I don't recall a hum or any noise from it,though there certainly could have been. The only other detail I can recall is the lights below it. I remember a yellow light and there may have been a blue and red one as well. Me and my girlfriend worked together for 12 years (until I found another job) and no one in the neighborhood or at work noticed anything.

I still find it hard to believe something that big went unseen in such a crowded area.

Years ago.... When i was about 9 or ten years old, my and my brother were out early, properly around 6am, our back garden was next to a lane and then a field, we had guinea pigs, so got up early to pick dandelion leaves for them... It was still dark-ish! As we walked down the lane we we saw a what we thought was a 'spaceship' (we'd never heard the term UFO before) So to us it was a Spaceship, we were brought up on Flash Gordan and Buck Rodgers! Any way the object was high in the sky and how (at the time we described was about 6 to 8 stars stuck together in a straight line, it moved, stopped, moved (never up or down) then vanished after about 2 or 3 minutes! We told are parents, friends etc, but we were kids.... Imagination etc!

I wouldn't say in miles,but probably four houses long and maybe a little wider. I don't recall anything shaking,other than the trees as it passed,and when I say the tree's where moving it was like a scene out of Jurassic Park. I don't recall a hum or any noise from it,though there certainly could have been. The only other detail I can recall is the lights below it. I remember a yellow light and there may have been a blue and red one as well. Me and my girlfriend worked together for 12 years (until I found another job) and no one in the neighborhood or at work noticed anything.

I still find it hard to believe something that big went unseen in such a crowded area.

That person who did look out and saw nothing, was a friend of mine who lived another court down. What I heard and felt, was something so large, despite the low hum, that when that low hum went over my house, things rumbled and shake like something large and low passed over. I was used to big military cargo jets flying over the houses, so I had something to compare it to, so I knew it wasn't a plane. The fact that my friend didn't see it when she looked at the sound, baffled me too. I wonder if there was something being used to hide it from a distance. I am also wondering if what you saw happened to be the same object that flew over my home.