Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Norwalk Mystery Animal

some new guy

Grainy, poor-quality surveillance footage showing the slow gait of a large cat-like animal walking along a street in densely populated Norwalk has created a mystery. At first, the person who saw the animal early Tuesday thought it was a mountain lion, but that theory has been discounted by state wildlife officials, City Manager Jeff Hobbs said Friday afternoon.

http://ktla.com/2014...but-what-is-it/

Edited by Saru
Reduced amount of copied text

The head looks very dog like when it first appears on camera. I tend to agree with the conservation officer that it's probably just an old dog.

• Like 4

In the video she says all the residents are wondering what it is.....and yet we only have ONE video of a big dog.

Have these people not seen big dogs before?

Whats the betting there is 1 resident who is not wondering what it is. :whistle:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Dog? Cat? Lion? Jabberwock? Who cares? Somebody give me that reporter's phone number! :wub:

• Like 3

Dog? Cat? Lion? Jabberwock? Who cares? Somebody give me that reporter's phone number! :wub:

Have you spotted a puss big cat too?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Good lord man, she looks like Joan Rivers! Have you lost it completely?

Anyways, I'm gonna disagree with the DNR here. That definitely looks like a mountain lion. It's got that cat gait going, and the tail doesn't look doglike.

• Like 1

It's a bigfoot.

• Like 2

[

It's a bigfoot.

On his way home to his neatly build wooden hut, he has just been into town to collect some screws and rope.

• Like 1

I'm amazed that people can watch this and see cat. there is nothing about this animal that doesn't scream dog, the build, tail, gait everything is 100% pure Fido.

• Like 1

I believe that surveillance cameras' purpose is to spot something so the security guard can go outside and actually you know, take care of the business. Now, I believe that the second purpose would it be to actually record and be able to get a digital image of robbers, etc so the police can identify the people.

So, why most surveillance camera footage looks like crap? XD

• Like 2

The only real mystery here is why am I not with her.

She is, isn't she? Only one dog in this video! :tu:

Umm, sorry people. It was me. I get a few drinks in me and the cat costume comes out! Good thing they didn't have video from a few minutes earlier. I really had to pee.

Mike

I vote an older dog also. Looks like a tongue hanging out in the first part of the video.

I've seen dogs with tails like that before. Doesn't seem so unusual to me.

Edited by DieChecker

Yeah I would have to agree that its just a big old dog. The tail looks much to short to belong to a juvenile male or lioness and she does have the tired old pooch gait. Slow news day in cali?

So apparently the video that we've all watched is at half speed. Here is the full speed version - it looks much more dog-like at normal speed.

I think it's a dog, too. The musculature is not cat, especially the legs, which are also too long and the feet are too small. The chin looks like it's furry, too. I'll bet it's a terrier (mix?) of some kind and maybe old like other people are suggesting.

Edited by Hobbit Feet

Thats a dog! come on! Cats dont even move like that and the tail is to short and dont even move like cats.

Looks like the dog is searching for some food.

To all those saying dog. Have you seen a dog before???? That is a lioness.

• Like 2

Good lord man, she looks like Joan Rivers! Have you lost it completely?

Anyways, I'm gonna disagree with the DNR here. That definitely looks like a mountain lion. It's got that cat gait going, and the tail doesn't look doglike.

The head is not that of a mountain lion or cougar. The tail is too short for a tiger. It's a lioness. Some crazy Californians exotic pet escaped.

lioness-walking-dry-river-5381621.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

I'm amazed that people can watch this and see cat. there is nothing about this animal that doesn't scream dog, the build, tail, gait everything is 100% pure Fido.

I watched it a few times, it walks like a cat. Dogs, even old dogs don't have that type of smooth, easy gait.
  • Like 1

It's a dog, unless some has developed a miniature breed of African Lion. Looks like a medium sized canine.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 1

The head is not that of a mountain lion or cougar. The tail is too short for a tiger. It's a lioness. Some crazy Californians exotic pet escaped.

lioness-walking-dry-river-5381621.jpg

Looks like she hasn't eaten in a while either.