Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greengrocer dresses his fruit in lingerie

seeder

Nice peaches! Greengrocer dresses his fruit in lingerie to boost sales ahead of China’s version of Valentine’s Day

Businessman Yao Yuan is flogging peaches in miniature lingerie

Lingerie firm makes knickers, and the fruit is dressed by hand

Despite price of £50 for nine peaches, sales are soaring

A Chinese businessman has come up with a rather cheeky way of pushing peaches – by dressing them in lacy ‘knickers’.

Yao Yuan from Nanjing, east China, saw an opportunity to boost his sales ahead of China’s version of Valentine’s Day, when he spotted the similarities between his fruits and a female bottom.

Mr Yao dresses the fruits in miniature versions of women’s lingerie and sells them for a jaw-dropping £50 a punnet for nine naughty peaches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2713005/Nice-peaches-Greengrocer-dresses-fruit-lingerie-boost-sales-ahead-Chinas-version-Valentines-Day.html#ixzz39Eiit7rE

• Like 1

oh boy, and I thought I had found a solution for the banana peeling man......bring in Britney...again.

• Like 2

oh boy, and I thought I had found a solution for the banana peeling man......bring in Britney...again.

Actually I think it looks quite good, in a funny way! I wonder if the buyers will eat them differently?

• Like 1

Aaaahh!

• Like 1

Actually I think it looks quite good, in a funny way! I wonder if the buyers will eat them differently?

Wonder if we could start up our own business.....with edible knickers?

Other than that at that price, I would keep the non edible ones and resell them on cheap peaches at 4 for a 30 quid...washed ofcourse.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

How do you hang those things out to dry on the washing line without getting a few questions asked?

Surely you can not throw them away at that price.................

Patent pending for edibles.

• Like 1

How do you hang those things out to dry on the washing line without getting a few questions asked?

Surely you can not throw them away at that price.................

Patent pending for edibles.

You wash them with the dolly clothes, then they dont look too weird on the line :lol:

Is it still Barbie dolls little girls play with?

• Like 1

You wash them with the dolly clothes, then they dont look too weird on the line :lol:

Is it still Barbie dolls little girls play with?

yes, but not in that attire.....well, not as far as i am aware.

Edited by freetoroam