Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where's Jennifer Huston?

Regi

Huston's been missing since July 24th, reportedly while on out errands.

Her vehicle is also missing, which is a circumstance I always find intriguing because obviously, a person disappears much easier than a vehicle.

There's been no communication, no financial activity on accounts and she evidently had only 100 dollars cash which she'd just withdrawn from an account during her errands.

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-woman-bought-sleeping-pills-going-missing-224518860.html

• Like 1

Huston's been missing since July 24th, reportedly while on out errands.

Her vehicle is also missing, which is a circumstance I always find intriguing because obviously, a person disappears much easier than a vehicle.

There's been no communication, no financial activity on accounts and she evidently had only 100 dollars cash which she'd just withdrawn from an account during her errands.

http://news.yahoo.co...-224518860.html

This sounds too common these days. I looked at the area. Kind of wine country, agricultural and suburb area all in one. I think you and I traded comments about people being found under water after a car accident, sometimes years later. I have to say I thought of that. Then I found http://www.katu.com/news/local/Official-search-suspended-family-still-looking-for-Jennifer-Huston--269630591.html from yesterday. It mentions the river...I wonder if it was some type of medical emergency causing an accident either into a well hidden ditch or even a body of water. Of course it could be the all too common carjacking and kidnapping.

• Like 1

This sounds too common these days. I looked at the area. Kind of wine country, agricultural and suburb area all in one. I think you and I traded comments about people being found under water after a car accident, sometimes years later. I have to say I thought of that. Then I found http://www.katu.com/...-269630591.html from yesterday. It mentions the river...I wonder if it was some type of medical emergency causing an accident either into a well hidden ditch or even a body of water. Of course it could be the all too common carjacking and kidnapping.

I'm not thinking carjacking or kidnapping because it seems it's usually one or the other. I think it's possible but it doesn't look likely to me because also, it seems that one or the other is soon located.

I haven't yet scoped out the area to see if there are bodies of water or areas of dense woods where she could have gone off the road. I know they've made aerial searches of such places but I think it's possible she could have been missed.

Here's a link to an article which offers a timeline and based on that info., she was last seen on video at 6:10 PM at the Circle K/76 where she'd filled up her tank, her mother sent a text message at 6:22 which wasn't answered :unsure2: and then her phone stopped sending signals at 6:35.

I wonder where that Circle K is in relation to her home and (here we go again with the cell pings :-*) where her phone last pinged in relation to both of those locations.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-uncover-new-clue-in-search-for-missing-mom-Jennifer-Huston-269145071.html

I'm not thinking carjacking or kidnapping because it seems it's usually one or the other. I think it's possible but it doesn't look likely to me because also, it seems that one or the other is soon located.

I haven't yet scoped out the area to see if there are bodies of water or areas of dense woods where she could have gone off the road. I know they've made aerial searches of such places but I think it's possible she could have been missed.

Here's a link to an article which offers a timeline and based on that info., she was last seen on video at 6:10 PM at the Circle K/76 where she'd filled up her tank, her mother sent a text message at 6:22 which wasn't answered :unsure2: and then her phone stopped sending signals at 6:35.

I wonder where that Circle K is in relation to her home and (here we go again with the cell pings :-*) where her phone last pinged in relation to both of those locations.

http://www.katu.com/...-269145071.html

I will take a look. Yes here we go again. On the clip i sent you, the local sheriffs is sending a boat up and down the willamette river. it looks like a major river running right to the north of the map on google earth.

• Like 1

If there is nothing suspicious about her disappearance then she should be relatively easy to find. It took her 15mns to get from her home to the drugstore so presumably it would take her approximately 15 mns to get back home from the Circle K, and her route home would probably be known.

But if she's run away, either on her own or to meet a lover, well, she could cover a lot of miles with the petrol she put in the car. If this is what she has done, then she may have thrown her phone in the water not long after she left the Circle K.

I wonder if the headaches are significant in some way.

Edited by ouija ouija

If there is nothing suspicious about her disappearance then she should be relatively easy to find. It took her 15mns to get from her home to the drugstore so presumably it would take her approximately 15 mns to get back home from the Circle K, and her route home would probably be known.

But if she's run away, either on her own or to meet a lover, well, she could cover a lot of miles with the petrol she put in the car. If this is what she has done, then she may have thrown her phone in the water not long after she left the Circle K.

I wonder if the headaches are significant in some way.

I think we need to know if she often had headaches or if this was something new. If she was having symptoms of an aneurysm and it suddenly burst, well she would have crashed into ditch or river i am certain. Of course she could have run off, but not many adults run off without resources and a plan....i guess it could happen...but if she landed in a body of water such as the willamette river, that might explain why the phone went dead. i would think the police should concentrate on bodies of water and heavy brushed ditches within a short distance of her last stop. If they can pinpoint when her phone stopped pinging then they should have a rough estimate of the distance away....most likely in the direction of her house. I wonder if an aneurysm can cause someone to drive around confused like some of the alzeimer sufferers who get lost driving and end up hundreds of miles from home.

Edited by mbrn30000

http://www.katu.com/...-269145071.html

did you read the comments on your article? the first one brings up Craig's list.

Also there is a story authorities thought she might be on her way to her parents house in wash st...sounds like a tale of old mexico to me... http://www.cbsnews.c...-in-washington/

Edited by mbrn30000

Also, why was her disappearence not reported(by her husband), until the next day? If everything was hunky-dory between them when she left, and she really was just going out to do a few errands, then why would he leave it so long to report? Especially as they knew she hadn't replied to a text which apparently was unusual for her. Did he not try to phone her? And if he discovered her phone wasn't working and she was long overdue arriving home ...... why would he just sit back and wait? What explanations for her behaviour were running through his head? Okay, I might as well say it: I was suspicious of him from the start! Not that I think he's done anything to harm her, but I think he knows a lot more than he's saying. Either they had a row, in which case he might have thought she had gone for a drive to 'cool off', or, and these two explanations could be linked of course, he knew or had suspicions that she was being unfaithful.

@mbrn30000: if she was running off to a pre-arranged meeting with a lover, maybe to start a new life with him, she would perhaps take nothing with her if he had money to support them both. Also, if someone is very depressed they may just keep driving .... no plans.

Also, why was her disappearence not reported(by her husband), until the next day? If everything was hunky-dory between them when she left, and she really was just going out to do a few errands, then why would he leave it so long to report? Especially as they knew she hadn't replied to a text which apparently was unusual for her. Did he not try to phone her? And if he discovered her phone wasn't working and she was long overdue arriving home ...... why would he just sit back and wait? What explanations for her behaviour were running through his head? Okay, I might as well say it: I was suspicious of him from the start! Not that I think he's done anything to harm her, but I think he knows a lot more than he's saying. Either they had a row, in which case he might have thought she had gone for a drive to 'cool off', or, and these two explanations could be linked of course, he knew or had suspicions that she was being unfaithful.

@mbrn30000: if she was running off to a pre-arranged meeting with a lover, maybe to start a new life with him, she would perhaps take nothing with her if he had money to support them both. Also, if someone is very depressed they may just keep driving .... no plans.

I think your point about not checking earlier is a good one. I went back to see what he was saying earlier on. There is one interview

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-oregon-woman-jennifer-huston-interview-husband-kallen-24747874

He said he got home around 5:30-5:45 and she said she had to run some errands. He then said he played with the kids, made dinner, etc and before he knew it, it was 9-9:30. He then started calling everyone including police, hospitals, friends... i think it is strange a mother would be leaving the house around 5:45 with a 3 year old and 6 year old who had not already had dinner or was just sitting down to dinner. Husband said he made dinner. We americans eat dinner early. Perhaps he meant he made dinner for himself....but that just kind of sticks out for me. We know she left the house voluntarily at that point, but of course may have met with foul play driving about or when she got home later. But it does strike odd she bought trailmix and gatorade and according to the link below, the timeline has her moving away from home if they live in dundee. Granted all these locations are close. but she goes to atm, then goes to get gas, then goes to rite aid. Trailmix and gatorade sound like on the road food. Of course maybe she has a habit of buying trailmix for herself or the kids and maybe she is a runner or hiker or something. I wonder if she bought just a small amount, say for a trip or bought enough to stock up the house. I mean maybe riteaid had a sale on. Seems though there are plenty of drugstores, markets and such closer to her home. She could have left after an argument and decided to take off. She might have also left after an argument and had an accident and such. She might have left as it was said, to run some errands and anything could have happened. Police did say the husband passed a polygraph.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-uncover-new-clue-in-search-for-missing-mom-Jennifer-Huston-269145071.html?tab=video&c=y

I think your point about not checking earlier is a good one. I went back to see what he was saying earlier on. There is one interview

http://abcnews.go.co...kallen-24747874

He said he got home around 5:30-5:45 and she said she had to run some errands. He then said he played with the kids, made dinner, etc and before he knew it, it was 9-9:30pm. He then started calling everyone including police, hospitals, friends...

We know she left the house voluntarily at that point, but of course may have met with foul play driving about or when she got home later.

It hadn't crossed my mind that she might have made it back home and then something happened to her! But that makes sense because she could have been home by 6:30-ish ...... it was 3 whole hours before he started phoning round.

I don't buy this 'and before he knew it, it was 9-9:30pm' stuff. If your wife goes out 'to do a few errands' and isn't back after an hour, wouldn't you notice? And then start running possible explanations through your head and be worrying when another half hour had gone by? Wouldn't you phone her after the first hour to see if everything was okay with her? Wouldn't you wonder why she hadn't phoned you to say why she was running late?

It would be interesting to know what the 6yr old said about the events of the evening.

On a completely different tack: one of the comments underneath the katu. video was from someone who seemed to know the area and they said there was some sort of show on that day which meant there were a lot of strangers in town and a lot of extra traffic. There was also a fairground of sorts and the person making the comment was suggesting that someone connected with that may have abducted her ...... asked for a lift or something?

• Like 2

It hadn't crossed my mind that she might have made it back home and then something happened to her! But that makes sense because she could have been home by 6:30-ish ...... it was 3 whole hours before he started phoning round.

I don't buy this 'and before he knew it, it was 9-9:30pm' stuff. If your wife goes out 'to do a few errands' and isn't back after an hour, wouldn't you notice? And then start running possible explanations through your head and be worrying when another half hour had gone by? Wouldn't you phone her after the first hour to see if everything was okay with her? Wouldn't you wonder why she hadn't phoned you to say why she was running late?

It would be interesting to know what the 6yr old said about the events of the evening.

On a completely different tack: one of the comments underneath the katu. video was from someone who seemed to know the area and they said there was some sort of show on that day which meant there were a lot of strangers in town and a lot of extra traffic. There was also a fairground of sorts and the person making the comment was suggesting that someone connected with that may have abducted her ...... asked for a lift or something?

I also find it strange, a mother would go out if the kids that young had not eaten. I have never been there, but the Willamette Valley in Oregon is known for wines....i looked at google earth and apparently they are in the heart of it. But I doubt a woman would be giving strangers rides...but it is something to think about.

Also, a 3yr old would be in bed by 7pm and the 6yr old by 7:30pm/8pm, surely?

Also, a 3yr old would be in bed by 7pm and the 6yr old by 7:30pm/8pm, surely?

Exactly...so wouldn't you feed the kids around 5:30 when mom is walking out the door supposedly? It seems his story is like this...i came home from work at 5;30 a few minutes later she says see you later I am going to run errands...and based on what he says he made dinner. I assume that was for him as well as the kids. Of course, she might have said, the kids are fed as she walked out..but he left the impression at least he played with kids and made dinner. I would think dinner has to be over well before 7 in any case, kids have to in bed by7 or 8...so how can he say before I knew it, it was like 9:30? I would think a spouse leaving two kids, one being 3 with the other, at the end of a work day and be gone for more than an hour, would weigh on the other's mind. She got 40 dollars worth of gas, and reports said she filled up the SUV. Don't know what the tanks hold but seems at best she would need 60 to fill up the tank, so she was not on empty. She buys strange snacks if she is out doing errands and will soon be going home...Unless...she was filling the tank, and buying snacks for a trip she meant to leave on the next day. I like to gas up the night before a trip and I think many do, rather than filling up early morning. Maybe she had told him she was leaving in the morning for her parents and taking the kids...they had a fight, she kind of stormed out to prepare for her trip and get away from him, came home and all heck broke loose.just a thought...it could happen. we need to know more about their habits...why did he not think it strange she needed to run errands and not specifically say what those errands were....thats the kind of thing you might say to a roommate, but a spouse would expect a little more info.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

Something else mentioned by one of the people commenting on the video was that she(the woman commenting), bought exactly those three items when she felt a migraine coming on: gatorade, trail mix and sleeping pills. Almost as if that is something that is fairly common knowledge ..... a combination that is known to help.

Something else mentioned by one of the people commenting on the video was that she(the woman commenting), bought exactly those three items when she felt a migraine coming on: gatorade, trail mix and sleeping pills. Almost as if that is something that is fairly common knowledge ..... a combination that is known to help.

The sleep aid is probably diphenhydramine and its a antihistamine used in otc sleep medicines and benadryl. I think we just don't know enough. If she had migraines, you would think the husband would say that. He just says she has been complaining of a headache for the last three days. We need to know more about their routines. Does she snack on trailmix? Does she often take sleep aids. Of course if she had been having increasing headaches, perhaps she decided she needed sleep and decided to try the sleep aid. I just don't see any of the things she got, something I would need to run out to get if i had a headache. She might have just wanted to get out of the house, but she could have told him to pick those things up on his way home from whereever he was. I wonder when was the first time he tried calling or texting her? I would have expected him to do that after a couple of hours...something isn't adding up for me. I am still not ruling out a medical emergency, or her taking a break, but something is just not right.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714725/Missing-Oregon-mother-two-spotted-boarding-car-ferry-six-hour-drive-vanished-filling-gas.html

So, there's been a possible sighting of her at a ferry terminal 6hrs drive from her home. If the couple who claim to have seen her are telling the truth, then the description of her is spot on right down to the 'u'-shaped crack in the windshield of her car.

And that's another thing: who carries on driving around with a 'football-sized' crack in their windshield when it could collapse in at any time? Have they got big money problems and couldn't afford to fix it? Considering she was going on such a long trip she didn't take much with her ...... very little money, either.

http://www.dailymail...illing-gas.html

So, there's been a possible sighting of her at a ferry terminal 6hrs drive from her home. If the couple who claim to have seen her are telling the truth, then the description of her is spot on right down to the 'u'-shaped crack in the windshield of her car.

And that's another thing: who carries on driving around with a 'football-sized' crack in their windshield when it could collapse in at any time? Have they got big money problems and couldn't afford to fix it? Considering she was going on such a long trip she didn't take much with her ...... very little money, either.

I have only seen comments on different stories that alledge bankruptcy....but cannot prove that. I did a search and the address for them is in Newberg but the news reports they live in Dundee. The address in Newberg apparently was recently sold in a short sell which is usually done to prevent foreclosure.the address that i found was closer to that rite aid than dundee. this area of dundee and newberg is real small so maybe the distance between everything is not very far anyway..but I cannot prove they lived in that house or there was any financial issues. Here is a recent interview with husband and her father I think from this morning.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/03/police-confirm-possible-sighting-missing-oregon-mom-in-washington-state-islands/

I've been trying to work out why a mother would just walk away from her two young children, because that is rare. The most likely reason(in my mind), would be that someone(husband?), had criticised her mothering skills. Perhaps this criticism has been going on for some time and the evening she left something happened and it was just the last straw for her. Maybe he walked through the door and said something along the lines of "Why isn't dinner ready? Why haven't the kids been bathed yet? It looks as if you haven't done anything at all today!", and she's replied "You know what? If you think you can do a better job I might as well leave you to it!", and she's walked out. He knows very well she wasn't going to 'do a few errands'.

Right from the first interview, the husband has been repeating what a happy family they were and she would never just walk away from it, she would never just walk away from her little sons ........... and yet she HAS!

A person who was clinically depressed could behave like that. Maybe she has undiagnosed post-natal depression?

Edited by ouija ouija

I've been trying to work out why a mother would just walk away from her two young children, because that is rare. The most likely reason(in my mind), would be that someone(husband?), had criticised her mothering skills. Perhaps this criticism has been going on for some time and the evening she left something happened and it was just the last straw for her. Maybe he walked through the door and said something along the lines of "Why isn't dinner ready? Why haven't the kids been bathed yet? It looks as if you haven't done anything at all today!", and she's replied "You know what? If you think you can do a better job I might as well leave you to it!", and she's walked out. He knows very well she wasn't going to 'do a few errands'.

Right from the first interview, the husband has been repeating what a happy family they were and she would never just walk away from it, she would never just walk away from her little sons ........... and yet she HAS!

A person who was clinically depressed could behave like that. Maybe she has undiagnosed post-natal depression?

I think postpartum depression might be something to consider. I would think if she left with so few resources, and was not meeting up with someone, suicide might be a possible outcome. I suppose one could camp with a little money if you ate very sparingly. If she did leave voluntarily, what was her endgame? If she stashed some money away, perhaps she could go for a very long time. I can't rule out anything. Not sure I get the husband's story, but it did appear that she was planning a road trip. I would think if the people searching could scout the route one would take from Newberg to the San Juan Islands, if there is some video tape or someone who remembers her, besides the people on the ferry.

• Like 1

I'm wondering how well they searched that river. :hmm:

The only story about the river was one sheriff boat going up and down the river. I know they had aerial searchers as well. From the clip of the boat, the river looks deep and murky.

I found a link to cams on the san juan islands run by Washington St dept of transportation. You would think with all these cams, they could quickly narrow the time when the people claim to have seen her, and rule it in or out. Wonder what's taking them?

http://www.islandcam.com/index.php/cams-2/

The only story about the river was one sheriff boat going up and down the river. I know they had aerial searchers as well. From the clip of the boat, the river looks deep and murky.

Yeah, that's a substantial river! and my thought when I watched that video was that I hope they conduct a more thorough search than how it appeared in that video!

I found a link to cams on the san juan islands run by Washington St dept of transportation. You would think with all these cams, they could quickly narrow the time when the people claim to have seen her, and rule it in or out. Wonder what's taking them?

http://www.islandcam...dex.php/cams-2/

Right?! (I'm impatient as you seem to be, too. :yes: )

Actually, I don't know how they'd handle the info. once they have it. Of course, it'd need to be conclusive info. and it seems that these surveillance videos often aren't very clear.

Anyway, I can't make any sense of those sightings. It just doesn't make sense to me that she'd have gone there- or any place else- and I don't know of any indication that she did.

I know she filled her tank, but it certainly doesn't make sense to me that she'd have withdrawn only a hundred dollars if her intention was to go off somewhere, especially for an indefinite period of time.

Yeah, that's a substantial river! and my thought when I watched that video was that I hope they conduct a more thorough search than how it appeared in that video!

Right?! (I'm impatient as you seem to be, too. :yes: )

Actually, I don't know how they'd handle the info. once they have it. Of course, it'd need to be conclusive info. and it seems that these surveillance videos often aren't very clear.

Anyway, I can't make any sense of those sightings. It just doesn't make sense to me that she'd have gone there- or any place else- and I don't know of any indication that she did.

I know she filled her tank, but it certainly doesn't make sense to me that she'd have withdrawn only a hundred dollars if her intention was to go off somewhere, especially for an indefinite period of time.

Unless suicide was her end game. I still cannot rule out foul play. I am not sure how they ruled out her going home since her phone was off. I wonder if her husband attempted to contact her while she was out doing "errands"? seems she was not really doing anything she had to do...seems either she was preparing for a trip or just killing time. So if they got in a fight, she decided to take a road trip the next day, perhaps...she storms out...does those errands, fills the tank, buys snacks...if he is trying to reach her, she gets annoyed and turns the phone off....who knows...then goes home and they continue the fight...or she makes up her mind to get on the road and never comes home....or she has an accident and is in the river...or someone kidnapped her. I think her husband is a little creepy....but i always think that way.

Unless suicide was her end game. I think her husband is a little creepy....but i always think that way.

^ ^ I think this too.